16:22, Sat 30 Dec
Was you at Plymouth? I’m assuming not if you say we were poor apart from 20minutes!
16:41, Sat 30 Dec
I think that you need a few older cynics to be invited, perhaps with some business nous who have seen it and done it.

The first question I would have is about Managing Change and making incremental improvements versus ripping things up and starting again.

The second I would have is what interview process was in place to appoint Rooney and why he was allowed or expected to change the style of play immediately rather than judging the state of the team over a 3-6 month period.

All of it smacks of it wanting to run before we had achieved any form of stability.
16:41, Sat 30 Dec
Thanks for your honesty Dan.

I am with you, I just don’t think Wayne can do it. He just isn’t good enough sadly.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
16:48, Sat 30 Dec
Latchfordfrancishatton
I think that you need a few older cynics to be invited, perhaps with some business nous who have seen it and done it.

The first question I would have is about Managing Change and making incremental improvements versus ripping things up and starting again.

The second I would have is what interview process was in place to appoint Rooney and why he was allowed or expected to change the style of play immediately rather than judging the state of the team over a 3-6 month period.

All of it smacks of it wanting to run before we had achieved any form of stability.

There wasn't an interview process for Rooney mate, we know this.
16:55, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton

R

I know, but the question would make Cook squirm.
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton

R

Perhaps I should rephrase it to what factual evidence did the Board have that Rooney was the right person for the job and could implement change in a considered and positive way.
16:59, Sat 30 Dec
That is such a load of drivel it’s laughable. So Rooney should have gone for the throat against Bristol because they were tired having just played 3 games in 6 days?? We also played 3 games in 6 days travelling to &from Plymouth playing 50 minutes with 10 men, with a squad so ravaged by injuries/unavailability that we could barely make any changes so generally the same players had to play all the time. Rooney might be making mistakes, out of his depth, whatever people want to aim at him but the amount of stuff made up or twisted to suit the hate campaign is a joke.
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
That is such a load of drivel it’s laughable. So Rooney should have gone for the throat against Bristol because they were tired having just played 3 games in 6 days?? We also played 3 games in 6 days travelling to &from Plymouth playing 50 minutes with 10 men, with a squad so ravaged by injuries/unavailability that we could barely make any changes so generally the same players had to play all the time. Rooney might be making mistakes, out of his depth, whatever people want to aim at him but the amount of stuff made up or twisted to suit the hate campaign is a joke.

There is no hate campaign just massive disappointment at the performances and a realisation that he might not be the right person for the job.
No content.
Up the feckin Blues
Absolutely right.

Evolution not revolution.

In business and in life you've got to bring people with you on the journey.
He has been very poor at his job…. but there certainly is a massive hate campaign and has been before his first game in charge. We could win the next 5 games in a row and the next loss would bring the same vitriolic reaction. My point was - to blame Rooney for not going for the throat because Bristol were tired is an effing joke.
17:14, Sat 30 Dec
A good read, but a tough one.
I was still on Rooneys side before KO last night, the draw and nature of the performance has just about turned me too.
It ain't going to work, is it.
Up the feckin Blues
17:20, Sat 30 Dec
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton

R

If they even read it out. Those things aren’t Q and A sessions mate
17:23, Sat 30 Dec
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton
El Mayor
Latchfordfrancishatton

R

If they even read it out. Those things aren’t Q and A sessions mate
A question to anyone. If you got invited would your aim be to make anyone from Blues squirm, with your question?
Tony Fantastico
Ted Tin-man Mcminn
He has been very poor at his job…. but there certainly is a massive hate campaign and has been before his first game in charge. We could win the next 5 games in a row and the next loss would bring the same vitriolic reaction. My point was - to blame Rooney for not going for the throat because Bristol were tired is an effing joke.

I openly admit I am critical of Rooney, I think he's made some massive mistakes in evolving the team and compounded by last night. I want him to succeed, I don't hate him but he doesn't seem to have the strategic thinking that's required to be successful.