I just want abit of what my lad will witness for a lifetime hopefully 💙
20:23, Wed 27 Mar
CastleBlue
Le Mod
Yep, the Prem has grown exponentially since we were last there, at sensible pricing, in a really impressive stadium in the middle of the country with lots to see and do around it, you'll have loads and loads of tourists at each league match.

I'm not taking the piss but does birmingham attract that many tourists?

Granted premier league games get a few fans who go too see the man city n liverpool players etc but i think you are overestimating the pull of the city rather than the club itself.

Birmingham is full of tourists, I work in the centre of town and they’re everywhere. But even if it wasn’t, there are only so many Prem games a week where you might be able to get a ticket, and watching a game in the best league, at one of the best stadiums in Europe, would be attractive to many, sports tourism is a massive industry.
Happy Clapper
20:31, Wed 27 Mar
The city is not full of tourists at all. There's nothing to do. It's full of workers and various groups of youths and religious preachers.
20:35, Wed 27 Mar
Welcome
20:37, Wed 27 Mar
I'm just disputing a claim that Birmingham is full of tourists, because it isn't
20:38, Wed 27 Mar
I'm just disputing a claim that Birmingham is full of tourists, because it isn't

45.5 million people visited Birmingham as a tourist in 2022.
20:42, Wed 27 Mar
Tony H
The city is not full of tourists at all. There's nothing to do. It's full of workers and various groups of youths and religious preachers.

Ok Villa Tony, whatever you say mate.
Happy Clapper
20:47, Wed 27 Mar
Can someone explain please. I am always suspicious of asset strippers selling off prime “real estate “ in Small Heath or if you prefer “just off the Coventry Road”
The Sixth Mass Extinction is here.
20:59, Wed 27 Mar
Tony H

Hmmm I’m guessing you’re either a DVB from Hinckley or a doghead from Bloxwich. Either way, you haven’t been to the Second City since Masshouse Circus was there.
20:59, Wed 27 Mar
Tony H

[x.com] 🥴
21:00, Wed 27 Mar
Rags
El Mayor
CastleBlue
Tom TheProject Brady
I never said that people like that NEED to be replaced, I said that they WILL be replaced. It’ll happen whether I (or they) want it to or not.

But that makes no sense. You are talking about a decent portion of our fanbase being replaced because they don't think we can get 60k fans. We currently get low 20's and now some will be replaced.

Throw in villa, wolves and west brom and i'd love to know where you think we are getting these people to replace our fans.

You don't build support by replacing core support.

In that case we’re doomed, cos the very nature of passing time is that we have to replace the older people with younger ones.

Older people won’t like it but times change and so do the way people consume things; thus it follows that we will all be eventually replaced whether we like it or not.

In short, sit back and enjoy the ride - or accept you’re gonna get turfed off.
Exactly

Crazy thing is ... even three old cynical curmudgeonly gits like Rab, Mayor and me can see that this is entirely a good thing.
I’ve never been as comfortable supporting us. The upside to these owners is way beyond what we’ve had before. How can you not want to be positive and want to try and enjoy the ride?
Tony Fantastico
22:01, Wed 27 Mar
I’ve never been as comfortable supporting us. The upside to these owners is way beyond what we’ve had before. How can you not want to be positive and want to try and enjoy the ride?

yes, this really, but the trouble is i would like us to be going through this without fear of a relegation which is still on the cards

but desperate for something to shut the smugness and belittling that wafts over our way from VP - a club that is financially backed to the hilt decade after decade like it’s some god given right because they invented football or something

one decent season since 1982 and it gets right up your nose

just for once, it has to be our turn, and patience is going to be very much the order of the day, but it’s so so hard

hopefully we can get this god forsaken on the pitch season safely sorted and then let the rebirth commence
22:15, Wed 27 Mar
This is great news for blues, the City of Birmingham and residents of East Birmingham. A state of the art multi purpose sports stadium and sports quarter leading the regeneration of this run down area of the city and the club at the heart of it. Of course i will miss St Andrews and the memories from there but this is a brilliant opportunity to recast the club into something bigger and better. This is something we read happening to other clubs but now it’s our turn. It’s not going to happen overnight but maybe in 6 to 8 years we will be going to our new stadium for blues games, American football, rock concerts and other events.

They put the kibosh on Sullivan's ill fated attempt to redevolop wheels park, so they can get royally effed and jeffed.
22:33, Wed 27 Mar
Tony H
Visiting family, the German Market or Cadbury World. Beyond that I see no reason why people visit Birmingham, most of it is awful.

Does the H stand for happy? Or Holte maybe?
Where do you reside Tony?
22:40, Wed 27 Mar
Like I'd make that known on here. Not Birmingham any more though.