Wow, just wow. Had no idea this was imminent. Not an indicator of an owner thinking of packing it in if we're relegated ay?

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Can someone overlay this map with what Blues already own? Curious to see how the property boundary is shaping up.

Linked Image

I wonder if they are trying to get everything within the perimeter of Bordesley Green Road, Garrison Lane, and the intersection of the two rail lines near the northwest of the Wheels track. That would be one hell of a development.
21:54, Tue 26 Mar
yeehaw
Wow, just wow. Had no idea this was imminent. Not an indicator of an owner thinking of packing it in if we're relegated ay?

Can someone overlay this map with what Blues already own? Curious to see how the property boundary is shaping up.

Linked Image

I wonder if they are trying to get everything within the perimeter of Bordesley Green Road, Garrison Lane, and the intersection of the two rail lines near the northwest of the Wheels track. That would be one hell of a development.

Calm down!!!
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
21:55, Tue 26 Mar
Oh, I wondered why I couldn't see a thread on this already. It's because I had the Mail blocked. Sorry mods.
Birmingham City Council is selling the former Wheels site in Bordesley Green to Birmingham City FC. Our exclusive news has drawn a swift reaction

Latest Birmingham City news as Blues clinch deal to purchase Birmingham Wheels Park in Bordesley Green

Birmingham City news as the club land huge deal to buy possible new plot for a brand new statement

Sounds great doesn’t it?

Will blues become the citeh equivalent- struggling to fill a brand new stadium whilst their neighbours mock them for ticket offers and thousands of empty seats every game

I know it’s the way forward but I hope it doesn’t happen for a few years yet

KRO
00:11, Wed 27 Mar
Reedy1968
Sounds great doesn’t it?

struggling to fill a brand new stadium whilst their neighbours mock them for ticket offers and thousands of empty seats every game

KRO

They have an average attendance of 53,194. The capacity is 53.5k and is being expanded to above 60. So yes I hope we replicate them.
Gazball?
06:18, Wed 27 Mar
Reedy1968
Sounds great doesn’t it?

Will blues become the citeh equivalent- struggling to fill a brand new stadium whilst their neighbours mock them for ticket offers and thousands of empty seats every game

I know it’s the way forward but I hope it doesn’t happen for a few years yet

KRO

If thats all they can mock us for that will be fine by me.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
06:53, Wed 27 Mar
Again, it isn’t just about the football club. They won’t be mocking when all the big stars will be playing knighthead park whilst they struggle to get a 85 year old Robbie Williams playing in the holte suite 😄
07:04, Wed 27 Mar
Potentially the biggest news in the club's history and all some of our fans can concern themselves with is what the neighbours think 🤦🏻‍♂️
07:11, Wed 27 Mar
Some people can’t handle change.

They are comfortable being managed by villa Rowett, finishing 17th, having Juke up front and moaning about the stream on Blues TV.

These people have no aspirations. Probably work in the public sector. Labour voters essentially.
07:32, Wed 27 Mar
Also the new stadium is probably only 15 mins walk from Duddeston so for me as a Cross City line man that would be much better even without the extra station they are hopefully adding.

It also makes it easy access then for North Birmingham residents to get to the concerts etc the new stadium puts on.

Accessibility is key to success
07:33, Wed 27 Mar
If people don’t laugh at your plans, they probably aren’t big enough.