10:36, Wed 27 Mar
4CELL
Linked Image

Exactly
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:40, Wed 27 Mar
Yep, Spurs got it spot on, fantastic stadium. Add all the venues, hospitality, commercial, community stuff all around it, and maybe even a smaller venue for indoor sports/conferences etc and it will be mega
Happy Clapper
10:47, Wed 27 Mar
Le Mod
Yep, Spurs got it spot on, fantastic stadium. Add all the venues, hospitality, commercial, community stuff all around it, and maybe even a smaller venue for indoor sports/conferences etc and it will be mega

It will be interesting to see the budget for the new stadium - Spurs but with a load more space around it is the wildest dream scenario. If the club is going that way then it is very easy to see why Wagner is unhappy about the cancelation of the northern leg of HS2 - we want and need the best transport links to take maximum advantage.
10:50, Wed 27 Mar
That cost a billion. Can we see Knighthead putting in a similar amount?
10:53, Wed 27 Mar
Snoop
Le Mod

It will be interesting to see the budget for the new stadium - Spurs but with a load more space around it is the wildest dream scenario. If the club is going that way then it is very easy to see why Wagner is unhappy about the cancelation of the northern leg of HS2 - we want and need the best transport links to take maximum advantage.
For reference someone put the Spurs stadium in the prospective wheels area. (Hopefully this image works)
Linked Image
Gazball?
10:57, Wed 27 Mar
number8
That cost a billion. Can we see Knighthead putting in a similar amount?

I think it is certainly possible - it would entirely depend on the future earning projections, if they justify the investment (and associated borrowing) then it is a yes.

Knighthead are a big money outfit, so they won't be scared of that amount if they think it will pay off.
11:06, Wed 27 Mar
No I can't see Knighthead spending that tbh, I can see it being a join venture where a lot of the funding comes from a major partner who has naming rights
Happy Clapper
11:08, Wed 27 Mar
The Mr Egg Arena
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
11:09, Wed 27 Mar
I think that amount would be about 10% of their money. I don't know if that's a lot to put into one business for them but it sounds it.
12:01, Wed 27 Mar
number8
I think that amount would be about 10% of their money. I don't know if that's a lot to put into one business for them but it sounds it.

It would be a lot of their money but I wouldn't think, given the nature of their business, it is a lot for them to meet with a mixture of their money, other investors and borrowing.
A look at the last 118 years of the club's home following the news of Birmingham potentially moving away from the stadium in the future as plans are put into place.

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
4CELL
I do hope its nothing like the old plans, nothing worse than the stands being so far away from the pitch.

I think with these owners, you can bet your bottom dollar that they won't get it wrong with the stadium itself. They have their ear to the ground
It’s a great move and very positive, as it shows the owners intentions that they are here for the long haul. However, the issue of filling it does remain, as people are hardly wrong when they say we can’t fill 25k regularly, and we only sold the Sunderland game out cause the owners begged us.