Re: Paul Robinson

16:04, Thu 9 May
Tam
Tam
Bluemusic
What is the difficulty people are having with this?
Gary Rowett was brought in as interim manager for the last 8 games only. We have played the last 8 games. Therefore, Gary is no longer manager.
The club even issued a statement:
"The timeline of Rowett’s tenure remains the same as when he was appointed in March. He will oversee the Men’s First Team for the final game of the Sky Bet Championship season against Norwich City on Saturday.

"Tony Mowbray remains the Club’s First Team Manager and the football club expects everyone to remain respectful of his circumstance.".

Shall I get the Janet and John books?

I think that most people understand it. It's a statement that reflected the club's position at that time. This will hopefully remain the same going forward, but it's worded in such a way that if circumstances change, then it's not committed to the future.

Bluemusic omitted the first paragraph of the statement which puts the rest into perspective:

"Birmingham City Football Club wishes to issue the following response to a media report relating to Interim Manager, Gary Rowett."

The statement wasn't really about Tony Mowbray - it was about Rowett - who has now gone.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
16:10, Thu 9 May
Let’s start a ‘where is Gary Rowett right now?’ Poll.
Tam
16:11, Thu 9 May
B_C_F_C
Tam
Bluemusic
What is the difficulty people are having with this?
Gary Rowett was brought in as interim manager for the last 8 games only. We have played the last 8 games. Therefore, Gary is no longer manager.
The club even issued a statement:
"The timeline of Rowett’s tenure remains the same as when he was appointed in March. He will oversee the Men’s First Team for the final game of the Sky Bet Championship season against Norwich City on Saturday.

"Tony Mowbray remains the Club’s First Team Manager and the football club expects everyone to remain respectful of his circumstance.".

Shall I get the Janet and John books?

I think that most people understand it. It's a statement that reflected the club's position at that time. This will hopefully remain the same going forward, but it's worded in such a way that if circumstances change, then it's not committed to the future.

Bluemusic omitted the first paragraph of the statement which puts the rest into perspective:

"Birmingham City Football Club wishes to issue the following response to a media report relating to Interim Manager, Gary Rowett."

The statement wasn't really about Tony Mowbray - it was about Rowett - who has now gone.

Yes, his eight game stint as 'Interim Manager' stint is at an end.
Make Blues Great Again
My guess. Brean sands. Nice part of the world not too expensive. Functional. Not Las Vegas exciting but gets the job done. The sun might not be blistering hot all the time but again it’s safe. There’s some reasonable night time entertainment to be had at the seagull but it’s obviously not Madison square garden but it works.
17:46, Thu 9 May
We were updated last week. They aren't going to send out weekly updates on something that hasn't changed.

The incessant need to be continuously communicated to is a bit odd.

we need a new set of (more intelligent) fans
17:50, Thu 9 May
My guess. Brean sands. Nice part of the world not too expensive. Functional. Not Las Vegas exciting but gets the job done. The sun might not be blistering hot all the time but again it’s safe. There’s some reasonable night time entertainment to be had at the seagull but it’s obviously not Madison square garden but it works.

Brean is packed to the rafters with contractors working on Hinkley Point C . EDF alone has booked 1,000 chalets for 5 years at Pontins Brean Sands. Every local Caravan Park is packed too

... this is actually quite bad for local businesses as most these people go to work (plus many are working shifts) ... come back ... have a beer on site and go to bed .... and don't spend anything locally.
17:55, Thu 9 May
Yes I read that still could be worse you could actually have been a resident of pontins
18:14, Thu 9 May
Kumars Fashion Sense
Let’s start a ‘where is Gary Rowett right now?’ Poll.

Driving to Hull
18:20, Thu 9 May
You having a laugh if he thought the bloke hes just sacked was boring wait till DVB Rowett arrives .
18:51, Thu 9 May
bluebone
You having a laugh if he thought the bloke hes just sacked was boring wait till DVB Rowett arrives .

Clearly
19:02, Thu 9 May
Rags
We were updated last week. They aren't going to send out weekly updates on something that hasn't changed.

The incessant need to be continuously communicated to is a bit odd.

we need a new set of (more intelligent) fans

The club will communicate when they have something to communicate lol. TM wants to return, it’s upto the doctors.
19:15, Thu 9 May
Exactly the same has happened at Pontins Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk
Rab C Nesbitt
boo_gladly
Robbo did well for us as a player, despite his limitations. People forget he was player of the season 2013/14.

If a few of last season's team had his fight and desire and... well, nastiness, we'd have probably stayed up.

Progressive football's great, but we need to recruit a few players for next season that have Robbo's battling qualities. Just hopefully with more skill!
We were told they’d stay up because because he’d I still that fight and desire. Sort the dressing room out with his nastiness. He failed. Like he failed to stop Bournemouth score 8 past us when he played with those same qualities, but managed to blame everyone else whilst the goals went in.
Get rid. We don’t have to keep employing ex employees.
And we should have remembered that Venus is a far superior coach, and realise that it was silly to replace him with a div like Robbo

Yep, agree. Start of a new era for Blues, leave the past behind.
Up the feckin Blues
20:01, Thu 9 May
Rags

Brean is packed to the rafters with contractors working on Hinkley Point C . EDF alone has booked 1,000 chalets for 5 years at Pontins Brean Sands. Every local Caravan Park is packed too

this is actually quite bad for local businesses as most these people go to work (plus many are working shifts) ... come back ... have a beer on site and go to bed .... and don't spend anything locally.

I find it hard to believe that 1,000 or so building contractors never leave the camp, instead they go to bed early every night, and the whole idea of holiday camps like Butlins or Pontins is you never have to leave the camp. I am sure local businesses have as much scope to make money now as they did when Pontins catered for Holidaymakers, with the added bonus that the contractors will be there 52 weeks of the year.
20:15, Thu 9 May
Rags

this is actually quite bad for local businesses as most these people go to work (plus many are working shifts) ... come back ... have a beer on site and go to bed .... and don't spend anything locally.

I find it hard to believe that 1,000 or so building contractors never leave the camp, instead they go to bed early every night, and the whole idea of holiday camps like Butlins or Pontins is you never have to leave the camp. I am sure local businesses have as much scope to make money now as they did when Pontins catered for Holidaymakers, with the added bonus that the contractors will be there 52 weeks of the year.

Well you believe wrong ... you've got a chalet booked for you for the week. You drive straight to the work Monday morning, then after work on Monday drive to your chalet. Stay on camp Monday night, Tues night, Wed night, Thurs night .. Friday morning load your stuff into car .. drive to the work .. drive straight home from the work.

You're hardly there, but the chalet is booked for the week.

Done it myself when working away in the Construction Industry.. hard life, and I wasn't even doing anything apart from the Commercial side. Whole idea, as an individual, of taking on these contracts and working away from home is to fit as many genuine hours as possible into the time available.

Here are some of the effects...
[www.bbc.co.uk]