I'm in the same boat mate 👍
09:30, Wed 8 May
number8
Shouldn't doesn't really count though these days for most. World has changed around information and demand, most companies can't get away without issuing regular updates these days, either internally or externally.

If it was January I don't think anyone would be bothered. But we just went down at seasons end and we have, arguably, the biggest close season re-shape we have ever needed on the horizon. I can understand the concern.
I’m just taking it that he’ll be back as the club have said more than once, until they say otherwise.
But I’m nuts
Tony Fantastico
Tam
09:30, Wed 8 May
number8
"Pretty soon" doing some heavy lifting there. We are 2 days into the close season and its already like this - imagine what it will be like in 2 weeks, it won't just be this board talking about it. I know it sounds harsh but personally, I think they have to say something very, very soon, even if its just reiterating the situation. The club will, and has to, go on.

It does, and it is. If we ‘need’ to know already, I suggest that it’s probably more neediness on the part of the fans rather than inaction from the club. I’d prefer an an announcement when everything, or as much as possible, is in place.

I know, it’s the real world, and the internet will go wild with gossip, but personally (although I’d like to hear that Tony’s OK obviously), I’m happy for the news to arrive when it’s appropriate. Logistics dictate that it won’t be long. We’ve only had one working day since the end of the season.
Make Blues Great Again
09:38, Wed 8 May
Tam
After the club statement released before Norwich (where they explicitly said “Rowett’s remit as interim has not changed. Tony Mowbray is still the manager.”) I thought the club was stupid for releasing it, and that it just cast eyes on a situation unnecessarily.

At this stage though, I get why they did it; we’re four fecking days into the end of the season and after being mocked for giving fans an update, the owners have now got GarrisonLane69 on the internet demanding immediate satisfaction and daily updates into the inner workings of the club despite the fact the players aren’t even due back in for two months.
09:40, Wed 8 May
Tam
There's a perfectly good argument that we don't "need" to know as we have no control or say. But we are "customers" and right or wrong, its not a good look to let a situation - potentially - get out of hand.

A quiet/quick reiteration of the "TM will be back in July, thanks GR for your efforts (and goodbye!!)" settles things down I think. Well, it would do for most, you can't please everybody.
Rab C Nesbitt
number8
Shouldn't doesn't really count though these days for most. World has changed around information and demand, most companies can't get away without issuing regular updates these days, either internally or externally.

If it was January I don't think anyone would be bothered. But we just went down at seasons end and we have, arguably, the biggest close season re-shape we have ever needed on the horizon. I can understand the concern.
I’m just taking it that he’ll be back as the club have said more than once, until they say otherwise.
But I’m nuts

I keep wondering if I'm completely naïve/thick in thinking this. Nothing has really changed since the first announcement has it? That already implied it could to all intents the end of the season. I think 8 weeks had him back with 2 games to go, then the footballing circumstances changed so they decided to act, and they said again TM would be back for pre-season. We can't know that of course, but as you say, unless they say something different, I'll just assume that's still they plan.
09:46, Wed 8 May
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
SHAKRO
FGS. Thats why its important to let the fans know whats going on.

If its the case that the board actually do not know the timeframe if mowbray comes back or not, then we have to cut our losses.

This is a cut throat business and a manager needs to be announced soon or what the situation with mowbray is, but please not rowett.

I didnt want him on a interim basis, and i dont want him now.

Situation is, as I understand, that TM is due back for pre season in July. Unless you hear anything to the contrary from the club, officially - just ignore all the noise. Most of it is just wannabe ITK'ers.

I think it's hard to understand for people sometimes, but until there are further updates then the club can't say anything. It's partly why I got wound up by that statement last week, because it just adds expectation from fans for more statements when there isn't news.
09:52, Wed 8 May
number8
There's a perfectly good argument that we don't "need" to know as we have no control or say. But we are "customers" and right or wrong, its not a good look to let a situation - potentially - get out of hand.

A quiet/quick reiteration of the "TM will be back in July, thanks GR for your efforts (and goodbye!!)" settles things down I think. Well, it would do for most, you can't please everybody.

It hasn't even been a week since they have updated us though. Yes we've been relegated since but nothing has changed. I do think they should address the Rowett situation though. His assistant said bye on twitter yesterday.

I'm also guessing that if TM makes a full recovery ( really hope he does) then it's possibly going to need to be signed off by a doctor. Until that happens I can't imagine they will say much more.
09:57, Wed 8 May
Yeah, I think a goodbye Gaz would improve things a lot.
09:58, Wed 8 May
number8
Yeah, I think a goodbye Gaz would improve things a lot.
Bar takings around Stoke Prior after I’ve been to Webbs garden centre for a start later on 🙏
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
A lot of that is down to those getting like ‘this’ though. People shouldn’t demand daily updates

I wish people would listen to you more.
10:01, Wed 8 May
It's 1 working day after a bank holiday.

People need to chill the eff out.
10:02, Wed 8 May
Chairman
number8

It hasn't even been a week since they have updated us though. Yes we've been relegated since but nothing has changed. I do think they should address the Rowett situation though. His assistant said bye on twitter yesterday.

I'm also guessing that if TM makes a full recovery ( really hope he does) then it's possibly going to need to be signed off by a doctor. Until that happens I can't imagine they will say much more.

Perhaps Rowett's contract used the standard end date, so runs until 30 June, and the club don't feel they should issue a "ta and ta-ra" until the contract is up?
10:03, Wed 8 May
Blues released a club statement last week as a reminder that Rowett's appointment had only been short term - and the man himself was quick to re-emphasise that, while at the same time expressing his optimism about the future under the club's American owners Knighthead.
"I don't think it's fair for me to answer that question," he said. "Tony is the manager at this football club.
"What I would say is that I've thoroughly enjoyed it.
"I know it's difficult to see right now through that bit of fog, but there are exciting times ahead if we get it right on the pitch. It could be just a season blip."

There’s a mixed message in here. He’s referring to the present tense in the last couple of sentences.
Viva Tony Mowbray.