TrickyBlue
Part of me is starting to get excited about a season in League One, if Rowett is confirmed that’ll drain every ounce of excitement out of me.

Personally, I haven't been that upset by relegation because I feel extremely hopeful that as a club, we're going to improve dramatically over the next few years. Having seen the rumours today though (and I'm aware that at this stage, they're hopefully just rumours), it feels like all of that hope has been sucked out of me...

Our big rebuild that we've waited all this time for and we end up filling the squad with a bunch of hard-working anti-footballers? A chance to finally win some games and have a successful season after a decade and it's spent cautiously trying to counter-attack teams like Exeter? Nah... Cook said a few days ago that they were determined to learn from their mistakes. They wouldn't give the job to Rowett.
04:57, Wed 8 May
Let’s hope not because it would be a big climb down from front foot football.
05:44, Wed 8 May
Appointing Rowett would be like an admission that they should have just kept Eustace, which would make them look ridiculous, stupid and absurd to me and I don't wan't that to happen.

I think all this widespread talk of new managers by our fans while the clubs official line is that Tony is coming back is very very disrespectful to the whole situation. It isn't helping and in fact it probably makes it easier for Tony to just pack it in if he were ever to find his way on here or elsewhere to see how people are talking.
05:57, Wed 8 May
Why would the board even consider rowett?? He failed to keep us up. When he came in the fixtures were in our favour and he failed to deliver big, positive performances when he really needed them. Ok he was let down by the players but he knew he was taking on a squad low on confidence and quality. He didn't rejuvenate either the fans or the players. It was the open house speech by tom Wagner that got the fans into a positive mood. If they were to stick with rowett then I really would question the football decisions being made by this lot. I know we are making great strides off the pitch but first and for most, it's a football club, so let's focus on getting that right.
06:12, Wed 8 May
Gary Rowett
Bluemarc81
Doing the rounds on social media.

IF and (I pray he doesn’t) comes back, where do we finish with whatever players we may have?

Please come back TM! 😔

Walk the league if we get Rowett and we bring in proper signings

Rowett was given good money at Stoke and Derby to bring in his players and get promotion - he shit the bed.

Twice.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
06:32, Wed 8 May
Louie Donowa
Gary Rowett
Bluemarc81

IF and (I pray he doesn’t) comes back, where do we finish with whatever players we may have?

Please come back TM! 😔

Walk the league if we get Rowett and we bring in proper signings

Rowett was given good money at Stoke and Derby to bring in his players and get promotion - he shit the bed.

Twice.
To be fair he did get Derby in the playoffs that season
06:35, Wed 8 May
Playing Devils advocate Rowetts record over 11 games would have been 15-16 points so not far off Eustace’s position when it seemed universally both within our fanbase and outside the club as madness to sack him.

FWIW i would be hugely disappointed if TM couldn’t continue and we had Rowett in charge of our promotion push and it would make the idea of “no fear” as dead as dodo.
06:39, Wed 8 May
One thing I picked up from the after match interview with WM at the weekend was Rowett kept saying "we".

He corrected himself a couple of times then did it again.

I'd love nothing more than Mowbray to come back but he's been seriously ill and we don't even know the diagnosis or prognosis yet. He may not come back and his health is paramount in all this.

Rowett didn't relegate us in his 8 games in charge, his points per game ratio would have seen us on 63 over a season.

He had to come in on the back of 1 point from 18 or 21 that Venus oversaw. Confidence was through the floor and you cannot turn that around instantly.

Coupled with the fact he was the 6th manager, 6th voice the players have had this season.

Yes the last 2 away games were disappointing but on the whole I don't think it's fair to say relegation is on Rowett.
06:46, Wed 8 May
Bluemarc81

I see your first mistake here. The season has finished now. People will do and say anything for likes, reactions and impressions. Until it comes from the club, ignore it.
07:03, Wed 8 May
I'd be absolutely furious if he got given the job. Can't stand the smarmy smug effer and the way he strolls round chewing gum and wearing his designer specs like he's some sort intellectual. Also the way he says fink bothers me. He's a limited manager who has been shown up for being just that by his negativity at Rotherham and Huddersfield. Get rid. If we can't have mowbray back then go for Rosenior
07:19, Wed 8 May
Nose of Blue
One thing I picked up from the after match interview with WM at the weekend was Rowett kept saying "we".

He corrected himself a couple of times then did it again.

Yeah, I saw that and found it a bit disingenuous.

If he hadn't made the very overt correction, nodody would have picked up, or cared about the "we".

I'm a cynical bugger about him - also it would mean "Robbo" coming back.

Balls to that.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
07:32, Wed 8 May
My enthusiasm for a new season ticket would take a nosedive that’s for sure !
07:36, Wed 8 May
Greebo joe
My enthusiasm for a new season ticket would take a nosedive that’s for sure !

This.
07:52, Wed 8 May
I’ve seen a few people worry that the club haven’t thanked him. Thank him for what? Whilst I’m not saying relegation was completely his fault (it was for a multitude of reasons done to death already on here), but he was given a brief - 8 games left, keep us up. He failed that.
Whatever happens I’ll be there next season. But I won’t be as positive if Rowett is boss.
Tam
08:41, Wed 8 May
It's pretty much protocol that virtually all managers are thanked for their efforts, so I imagine that's what will happen when things become official - whether he comes back subsequently or not!
Make Blues Great Again