I think all this widespread talk of new managers by our fans while the clubs official line is that Tony is coming back is very very disrespectful to the whole situation. It isn't helping and in fact it probably makes it easier for Tony to just pack it in if he were ever to find his way on here or elsewhere to see how people are talking.

I agree, 100%
08:50, Wed 8 May
I could argue that it’s disrespectful to the fans prolonging this unfortunate situation much longer.

It’s awful he is ill, it really is however, in his heart of hearts he will know already if he is coming back or not. Nobody knows you better than yourself. Therefore, I can only assume at this point no news is good news.
08:55, Wed 8 May
Or no news is bad news
Tony Fantastico
09:04, Wed 8 May
Or no news is no news - because people don't know if it's good or bad yet. Sometimes people have to have tests... and these can't be rushed because TiltonLover1875 on SHA 'really' wants to know what's happening.

I agree with the poster above, I think speculation about alternatives is disrespectful and TM deserves better. I actually trust the board that when something is known - they'll tell us and get cracking on what ever needs to happen next.
09:07, Wed 8 May
Maybe Tommy Mowbray needs a bit more recovery time and Barry Rowett will be extended for anointed 6 months or so.
09:08, Wed 8 May
There HAS to be some sort of deadline about it though. When do they make a decision either way?
09:09, Wed 8 May
That's a perfectly reasonable and respectful approach for nearly all jobs. Unfortunately the one we're talking about just got a lot harder and there are decisions already being made by clubs and players that can directly effect/reduce any options we may have wanted to pursue.

We cannot wait another month or so, or we are starting the season way behind all the other teams.
09:12, Wed 8 May
When they think that not having someone in post is going to have an adverse affect, if they are looking to play Mowbrayball anyway, then a telephone call to confirm player suitability might be all that's needed for now. I think they need to have someone in place for the pre-season tour in Austria which starts 8th July, plenty of time before that...
Tam
09:15, Wed 8 May
number8
That's a perfectly reasonable and respectful approach for nearly all jobs. Unfortunately the one we're talking about just got a lot harder and there are decisions already being made by clubs and players that can directly effect/reduce any options we may have wanted to pursue.

We cannot wait another month or so, or we are starting the season way behind all the other teams.

They’ll know the situation anyway and will be planning accordingly, I’m sure. We don’t really need to know - we’ll know pretty soon.
Make Blues Great Again
09:16, Wed 8 May
Or no news is no news - because people don't know if it's good or bad yet. Sometimes people have to have tests... and these can't be rushed because TiltonLover1875 on SHA 'really' wants to know what's happening.

I agree with the poster above, I think speculation about alternatives is disrespectful and TM deserves better. I actually trust the board that when something is known - they'll tell us and get cracking on what ever needs to happen next.

LOL yes.

And, yes again, spot on.
09:19, Wed 8 May
Tam
"Pretty soon" doing some heavy lifting there. We are 2 days into the close season and its already like this - imagine what it will be like in 2 weeks, it won't just be this board talking about it. I know it sounds harsh but personally, I think they have to say something very, very soon, even if its just reiterating the situation. The club will, and has to, go on.
09:23, Wed 8 May
A lot of that is down to those getting like ‘this’ though. People shouldn’t demand daily updates
Tony Fantastico
09:25, Wed 8 May
I’d be surprised if the club and Mowbray haven’t already set a date.

I love Tony but we can’t hold forever. We have possibly the most important pre season ahead of us of all time.

He will need to be looped in on who stays and goes, whilst it’s ultimately a club decision he inferred he had a say previously.

This will sound really harsh but give his apparent illness, perhaps it’s best to part ways. He won’t need this shit and I worry the first sign of things going badly, it’ll be all to much for him

I think the perfect option is out there in rosenior right now

As much as I’d like Mowbray to be 100% and stay I don’t think he will
09:27, Wed 8 May
Shouldn't doesn't really count though these days for most. World has changed around information and demand, most companies can't get away without issuing regular updates these days, either internally or externally.

If it was January I don't think anyone would be bothered. But we just went down at seasons end and we have, arguably, the biggest close season re-shape we have ever needed on the horizon. I can understand the concern.
09:27, Wed 8 May
SHAKRO
FGS. Thats why its important to let the fans know whats going on.

If its the case that the board actually do not know the timeframe if mowbray comes back or not, then we have to cut our losses.

This is a cut throat business and a manager needs to be announced soon or what the situation with mowbray is, but please not rowett.

I didnt want him on a interim basis, and i dont want him now.

Situation is, as I understand, that TM is due back for pre season in July. Unless you hear anything to the contrary from the club, officially - just ignore all the noise. Most of it is just wannabe ITK'ers.
Up the feckin Blues