19:56, Sat 20 Feb
Yeah we need 6 from the next 4 games.
We have been reigning champions of the South for nearly 75 years and nobody talks about it. Why?
19:56, Sat 20 Feb
If he can blame individual errors for costing us games, then he can accept individual moments of quality for us winning.

Without an excellent save from Etheridge and a tidy delivery and finish from Hogan we'd have potentially drawn or lost that game to a poor 10 man side.

Gorra go.
19:58, Sat 20 Feb
Smelly
If he can blame individual errors for costing us games, then he can accept individual moments of quality for us winning.

With an excellent save from Etheridge and a tidy delivery and finish from Hogan we'd have potentially drawn or lost that game to a poor 10 man side.

Gorra go.

Sorry that second paragraph is just bollocks. The first one is too as he plays for us but I will park that.

You expect players to do good things to score. That's generally how goals are scored.
We have been reigning champions of the South for nearly 75 years and nobody talks about it. Why?
20:00, Sat 20 Feb
I disagree, we need to be better than we were today. Not trying to take anything away from the result.

We played against a 10 man Sheffield team for almost 45 minutes, and still made it look difficult.
20:01, Sat 20 Feb
Burnley played against 10 men for longer and luckily drew
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
20:09, Sat 20 Feb
Smelly
I disagree, we need to be better than we were today. Not trying to take anything away from the result.

We played against a 10 man Sheffield team for almost 45 minutes, and still made it look difficult.

So when we lose with 10 I imagine you say its solely down to us having 10 men
20:10, Sat 20 Feb
Yes I agree
20:24, Sat 20 Feb
Charcy
Smelly

So when we lose with 10 I imagine you say its solely down to us having 10 men

That's not what I said.

If we're to get out of the massive hole we currently find ourselves in, we'll need to be better than we were today.

I'm not convinced in any way, shape or form that Aitor's the man to do that.
20:35, Sat 20 Feb
Poor old Pep i'd already forgot about him already and was thinking who is Brother Tam going on about? Then I remembered.
Nobody is going to associate Pep with "cool and trendy" or even "football manager". He will be a good future trivia question or game - Pep who.

Karanka is a one man PR team. He does come across as cultured. A former Real Madrid player. A season under José Mourinho.
He has got the hair for it and everything.

But if you look at his record and style there isn't a lot of substance.
No knowledge of how to break teams down.
No plan B when going behind.
Players, good players looking clueless under him.
Negative abysmal football.

The Forest boards were full of it.
Ask borofan too

When picking a manager you are not buying a new pair of trainers.
05:35, Sun 21 Feb
Obafemi
If he had left 4 attacking players on and they equalised he would be getting dogs.

Who knows without the extra body we had defending that cross, Rhodes may have had more time and buried it.

In these situations the Manager lives and dies by the result.

He got the result so lives.

Now , let’s get a point on Tuesday and another 3 vs QPR and start looking up the table.

KRC

True that. We might have lost 2-1 had the subs not been made.

Criticism where it's due. I've given him plenty recently. But little due today after a good win.
06:23, Sun 21 Feb
Charcy
bluer than blues
I did yes.

Even with better players we still won't see huge goal returns under Karanka because of his inherent nature. Boro were the lowest scorers in the top 6 when they went up and they had a great attacking unit.

I imagine the teams in the top 6 that scored more were really happy to point to that in the Championship the next year.

Enjoy the win.

And what was the result of Boro going up? A miserable season of defeat in the prem, wherein they came straight back down and haven't been back since. A season in which he played as he is still doing now, ultra negative.

If you read my OP you'll know that it is not simply the wins for me that is important, though they've been rare enough this season. It is the progression and long term sustainability; the quality of our play being good enough to achieve something.

It was a good win and I'm very happy to get the points on the board. But a turning point? Not from what Karanka displayed.

I saw a group of players that worked incredibly hard, got a bit of luck with the sending off and took advantage of it. Let's see where we are after Norwich, after QPR.
07:00, Sun 21 Feb
Surrendering the initiative to a struggling ten man Wednesday (by replacing both wingers with defensive players) at a time when we were dominating was, to me, an indication of his football philosophy. It makes me believe that he has more fear of losing than he has passion to win.
07:01, Sun 21 Feb
I can not see any reason for his bizarre substitutions other than him wanting out and to receive his payoff

It feels as though he does not want us to win.We could have controlled that game yesterday yet he invited pressure
07:24, Sun 21 Feb
Surrendering the initiative to a struggling ten man Wednesday (by replacing both wingers with defensive players) at a time when we were dominating was, to me, an indication of his football philosophy. It makes me believe that he has more fear of losing than he has passion to win.

He is an ultra defensive manager if we’d have come away with a 1-1 draw due to a late equaliser after his ultra negative tactics I reckon he would taken it as an improvement and something to build on. I will never feel that I will be able to take to Karanka’s negative style of management even if we kept scraping 1-0 wins from this game forward which I doubt very much will happen
07:32, Sun 21 Feb
Well said.

Playing against 10 can be difficult as they pack the defence, it makes it less likely you will lose but not necessarily more likely you will win.

It was a great performance yesterday, n the context of our current circumstances .