15:37, Tue 14 Sep
Maybe not this year, maybe not next.

But if they continue this level of recruitment and keep the team together (and find an adequate replacement for Chong - I know, that won't be easy) then I see promotion on the horizon sooner rather than later. But we have to keep our core and improve.

This year, I'd just like to not feel miserable every time the full time whistle blows.
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
16:10, Tue 14 Sep
Why do people shoot people down when they mention the promotion or playoffs word peoe need to do ther research into the championship history. It has happened a few times a team just scrapping down the bottom then next season making playoffs Barnsley an example. All they has was a good manager and a team that was working for each other. We should be aiming for playoffs at very least. Blackpool beat Fulham this league anyone can beat anyone
16:13, Tue 14 Sep
We should always be aiming for promotion, period.

However there is a difference between aspiring to promotion and expecting it.

I’ll reserve how I feel until we’ve gone through a prolonged period of matches with the injuries and suspensions that likely come with that.
16:21, Tue 14 Sep
No chance, if we somehow did we'd do a Norwich and come straight back IMHO.

I think 6-10th place finishes over the next 2/3 years and more importantly some stability would be a terrific and more likely result.
16:24, Tue 14 Sep
We only need to be in the top 25% of teams at the end of the season then get lucky in the play offs. Why not us?
16:27, Tue 14 Sep
If we somehow did we'd do a Norwich and come straight back IMHO.

I'll take my chances, the very worst case scenario is it would transform the clubs finances
16:31, Tue 14 Sep
I think automatic promotion is out, that is just a stretch too far, but i think there is an outside chance we could be the surprise 6th place team in the playoffs and then is a lottery and so potentially promotion isn't that far fetched.
BCFC - Letting me down for 49 years
16:32, Tue 14 Sep
Right attitude, when Troy said he wanted promotion I initially thought he's mad, but why not? It's that positivety that makes the impossible possible...
Fire up the pig, I'm on board!
16:33, Tue 14 Sep
We are Birmingham city we should be up the top challenging it'd crazy how we have settled for mid table mediocrity
16:41, Tue 14 Sep
Many teams think they're entitled to as well.

Pre pandemic we were only 10th for attendances as one example.

[www.footballwebpages.co.uk]
16:45, Tue 14 Sep
I agree with OP, we have got a shot.

MoorGreenBlue
We were looking at the R word a few months ago! Let's walk before we run, as previously said on another thread it makes a change to enjoy supporting us right now, in the first instance let's keep that going then see what unfolds.

I'd argue that we've already done the walking. LB stabilized us last season and has built on that base with a full pre-season. We have a good first 11 and more importantly a good squad of 18.

I think we are all feeling a bit jaded after years of disappointment. Weary from false hope. Not this year though. We are the real deal.

Come on you Blues.
16:47, Tue 14 Sep
Le Mod

I'll take my chances, the very worst case scenario is it would transform the clubs finances
Yeah there’s now downside to going up
Jude Bellingham - "Once a blue, always a blue" “This is my Club, I love the Club to bits. I’d die for this Club”
16:47, Tue 14 Sep
I think if anyone could prep us for a season up there it is LB.
STD
16:55, Tue 14 Sep
Currently 9/1 on Paddypower
Moist
16:58, Tue 14 Sep
Le Mod

I think that would be fine to be honest.