10:23, Mon 6 Dec
Bluesince62
You’d hope they’d rush the fixing of the stands just to avoid the ongoing embarrassment of it all. They haven’t because they don’t care. I loathe the people that control this football club.

This. Also, when we all say 'the money is gone' I think we should bear in mind it hasn't. The owners have money, I just think they have decided they won't spend anymore on us than needs to be spent, other than just keep us alive. Didn't one of 'em buy a 6 million pad for his Mrs recently? that's the only reason I believe they have money though - I don't know this for a fact.

Mr King did. Or to be precise, his missus bought it using a company she formed. £6.4M...
10:24, Mon 6 Dec
Cheers Dan, thought I'd seen you mention this.
10:24, Mon 6 Dec
You’d hope they’d rush the fixing of the stands just to avoid the ongoing embarrassment of it all. They haven’t because they don’t care. I loathe the people that control this football club.

Club did everything correct (almost) to get top tiers done - let down by others' incompetence. An experienced PM would have spotted the problem and halted works and re-started. An inexperienced PM believed the subcontractor knew what they were doing.

Bottom tiers need access from the pitch to get done. Absolutely no other way to do safely. We could have closed the stadium entirely for 3 months after the top tiers were finished and played elsewhere i suppose
10:25, Mon 6 Dec
Do you reckon they will get the work done in the summer (maybe we play away for the first month of the next season to ensure time)?
10:26, Mon 6 Dec
Trouble is, the club do not help themselves by not updating people

If it’s the case, they should come out with it

Club did everything correct (almost) to get top tiers done - let down by others' incompetence. An experienced PM would have spotted the problem and halted works and re-started. An inexperienced PM believed the subcontractor knew what they were doing.

Bottom tiers need access from the pitch to get done. Absolutely no other way to do safely. We could have closed the stadium entirely for 3 months after the top tiers were finished and played elsewhere i suppose

If that's right Rags (and I trust your word) then it's understandable. We can't sell the seats we have, so to add on the expense of playing elsewhere for 3 months makes no sense, if it can be put off to the summer I suppose.
Trust me folks ... it isn't really a case of money, it's a case of logistics.

Re-opening of top tiers was someone else's fault (although an experienced Project Manager would have spotted something that the PM didn't). I can't say whose fault as it's to be adjudicated and i don't want to "blow my cover" or lose my job by defaming a company.

Whichever way the bottom tiers was approached they weren't going to be open at the start of this season - and since they need the pitch to be unused for such a long period it was only going to get finished quicker if we went and played at a different ground for 3 months.

No subcontractor has been refused based on cost - as i said, it's an unfortunate logistical problem.

Will email Mayor with full details at some point but incredibly busy right now

What's it got to with Boris Johnson?
10:27, Mon 6 Dec
Trust me folks ... it isn't really a case of money, it's a case of logistics.

Re-opening of top tiers was someone else's fault (although an experienced Project Manager would have spotted something that the PM didn't). I can't say whose fault as it's to be adjudicated and i don't want to "blow my cover" or lose my job by defaming a company.

Whichever way the bottom tiers was approached they weren't going to be open at the start of this season - and since they need the pitch to be unused for such a long period it was only going to get finished quicker if we went and played at a different ground for 3 months.

No subcontractor has been refused based on cost - as i said, it's an unfortunate logistical problem.

Will email Mayor with full details at some point but incredibly busy right now

What's it got to with Boris Johnson?

Starmer would of had this sorted by now.
10:29, Mon 6 Dec
Bluesince62

Suen's been spending a fair bit on shares too, in a LSE listed company called Playtech.

[www.lse.co.uk]

As of 3 hours ago, according to this disclosure filed to the London Stock Exchange he has 13,285,010 shares (4.34%) which he's been building up steadily over the last month. The latest tranche he bought was 501,128 shares at £7.45 each which is £3.733M.

His total shareholding in the company is now worth around £97.844M
10:29, Mon 6 Dec
Rags, you are absolutely right that this issue isn't of the current owners making, in all probability - but the solution to the problem and how it's being handled absolutely is and it's a total shambles. Apart from that though the bigger issue in my opinion is the general lack of care. Ok the structural issues, fair enough, a big problem dumped in their laps let's say - but the running down and lack of care of the stadium and its surrounds has been a feature for years now.

Handled badly ? ... yes
General shittyness of ground current owners fault ? ... yes
Poor communication to fans the fault of current owners ? ... yes
Weird choice of Project Manager meant that the top tier opening was delayed past the start of the season ? .. yes (not PM's "fault" but an experience PM would have spotted something important which MAY, POSSIBLY, PERHAPS have been done wrong by the subcontractors)

Did their lack of care contribute in any way to the structural problems ? .... absolutely not
10:34, Mon 6 Dec
I think I’d honestly have preferred us to play at another ground for three months in order to get this sorted quicker but I could be on my own there.
@stevanderman
10:35, Mon 6 Dec
Bluesince62

Suen's been spending a fair bit on shares too, in a LSE listed company called Playtech.

[www.lse.co.uk]

As of 3 hours ago, according to this disclosure filed to the London Stock Exchange he has 13,285,010 shares (4.34%) which he's been building up steadily over the last month. The latest tranche he bought was 501,128 shares at £7.45 each which is £3.733M.

His total shareholding in the company is now worth around £97.844M

So on paper at least, this bloke is utterly minted. What a shame he doesn't give a feck about the club. It seems to me the money is available, but the will to spend it on us, isn't.
10:35, Mon 6 Dec
So, summarise this thread: everything with the club is sh*te right now and will continue to be sh*ite for the foreseeable future.
10:37, Mon 6 Dec
Do you reckon they will get the work done in the summer (maybe we play away for the first month of the next season to ensure time)?

I can't answer that ... people i work with are freelancers and were employed on behalf of firstly the club (when the top tiers couldn't be re-opened) and then again by a new subcontractor and inspected, assessed, reported but that new subcontractor couldn't resource the job to be done in time wanted as they have so much work elsewhere.

Last inspection made by them was 1st week of October - and then obviously when the new subcontractor decided they couldn't resource it, as freelancers, that was the end of their involvement
10:37, Mon 6 Dec
They won't go willingly either it seems - they would need to be forced out, but the chances of that are slim too - we'd need Inspector Clueseau on the case to dig something major up on the buggers.