Two teenagers held over alleged abuse of official Rebecca WelchClub had warned fans after reports of previous abuse of WelchTwo football fans were arrested during Birminghams home match with Sheffield Wednesday for alleged misogynistic chanting towards referee Rebecca Welch.Birmingham won the Champi

[www.theguardian.com]
Supporters arrested for public order offence

[www.bcfc.com]
The latest Birmingham City news from BirminghamLive as Blues and West Midlands Police issue a statement following the win over Sheffield Wednesday

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
West Midlands Police have confirmed that two arrests were made for misogynistic chanting at match referee Rebecca Welch during Birmingham City's game with Sheffield Wednesday.

[www.skysports.com]
22:22, Sat 25 Nov
Bcfc 26
Where the stewards /police by where I was? People shouting " put your makeup down a focus on the game" " you should be getting your nails done" " you should be working in the hairdressers"

Disgraceful. The woman is doing a effing job at the end of the day!

You want people arrested for that?

Jesus wept.
Macho Man Randy Savage
Bcfc 26
Where the stewards /police by where I was? People shouting " put your makeup down a focus on the game" " you should be getting your nails done" " you should be working in the hairdressers"

Disgraceful. The woman is doing a effing job at the end of the day!

You want people arrested for that?

Jesus wept.
By the Comedy Police, surely? Even 1970s ITV aimed for higher standards.
Yeah. Not funny and shitty behaviour but wanting people arrested is bonkers
22:30, Sat 25 Nov
Tam
I didn’t think she was too bad. A few iffy decisions early on but pretty sound overall. We've certainly had much much worse.

I didn't think she was toooo bad either - the things that she got wrong were mainly holding offences out on the wings where the call should have been made by the linesmen
Tam
22:41, Sat 25 Nov
Macho Man Randy Savage
Yeah, agreed. But doesn't mean she should be immune from criticism because of her sex.

No, that's true. It's the abuse that I hate, not the criticism.
Make Blues Great Again
22:45, Sat 25 Nov
Super Hans
She wasn’t even that bad tbf, have had much worse male refs.
I thought she was shite and the Kop lino who seemed incapable of flagging for offside. M woman or bloke they were crap. And arresting people for this is fine if you’re consistent. The police really aren’t
Tony Fantastico
Macho Man Randy Savage
Yeah, agreed. But doesn't mean she should be immune from criticism because of her sex.
Absolutely
Tony Fantastico
23:04, Sat 25 Nov
Tam
👍

I do find it odd that blues, the media and the police seem to have decided that they're guilty already.

This is the same police force that arrested a bloke in front of loads of people (then boasted about it on social media) for hurling racist abuse at bacuna before realising they had the wrong person.
Presumably in the name of equality anyone questioning next weeks refs parentage or his masturbatory habits will also be arrested?
23:20, Sat 25 Nov
Ref today was poor the first 20 mins or so, and that shouldn't make her immune to criticism.

After that I thought she was good, just as she had been for her first game officiating us.
23:37, Sat 25 Nov
One or two by be said things but in there mind think it’s funny. Humour seems to be getting marginalised nowadays.

I thought after a dodgy start today’s ref was no worse than most this season. I do think however if woman are going to be involved in the men’s game they should not have special treatment just because they are a woman.

Football is one of the last places you can let of a bit of steam. It’s an emotive game. people shout things they normally wouldn’t that’s life sometimes things are OTT but by and large words should be just brushed off.

I am much more concerned about verbal abuse in lower league and junior football where the officials and players are much less protected and are vulnerable.

I’m in the main laid back nowadays but over the years I’m sure I’ve shouted things, some in anger, some meant in humour, and some in frustration that I wouldn’t like to be played back and judged by todays standards. I think that could probably be said of most of us.

The two lads are 17 I don’t know what they said but at the end of the day didn’t kill anyone.