09:27, Thu 30 Nov
After another loss. I have been surprised by the amount of positivity about the performance.
Under all the managers that have struggled recently Zola, Cotterill, Clarke. (All of which were managerial changes that the majority of the fans didn’t want and more importantly the replacements fans didn’t want )
People would come up with the “ green shoots of recovery “ type posts or threads.
Rooney has IMHO much better players at his disposal than any of the aforementioned.
His record of lost 5 drawn 1 won 1 scored 8 conceded 16 is as bad as any of them.
I can’t say I have noticed any improvement in our play, that I would not put down to better players back from injury.
Defensively we look inept, and up top we seem to wander between shot shy, and can’t hit the target
Unless we sign a number of players that can defend in this system and a striker in January we are in for another relegation fight.
Even if we do I am far from convinced it will work.
I want Rooney to succeed as I do all Blues managers but the majority of fans weren’t wrong about the previous 3 unwanted managers. I don’t think they are wrong about this one
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
09:28, Thu 30 Nov
I saw improvement last night tbh on the Middlesbrough, Southampton, Sunderland and Hull games
Tony Fantastico
09:31, Thu 30 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
I saw improvement last night tbh on the Middlesbrough, Southampton, Sunderland and Hull games

Definitely.

As dynamic going forward as we've been in years, hampered by individual mistakes and unsuitable defenders.

I'm relatively positive after last night, but we have to take the attacking play into Saturday as the Sheff Wed game on the whole was uninspiring
09:32, Thu 30 Nov
And me. Defensively we were just as bad but in midfield and attack we were night and day from those games.

The big difference, and it's amazing how often this needs effing repeating, is that we have a completely different club in comparison to what we had when those other guys were in charge.

Why people are ignoring the ambition of Knighthead and the path they've put us on, just to focus on a handful of games on the pitch, well it baffles me.

It's a cliche but it's never been more apt- Rome wasn't built in a effing day.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:32, Thu 30 Nov

i thought last night was very similar to the sunderland and saints games

started off abysmally for 20 mins
then played well to half time
started off atrociously second half
then played well up to full time
clawed our way back into the games, then get sucker punched towards the end which kills it off

there’s a definite pattern

however i enjoyed the second half of the first half
and never thought we were out of it even at 3-0 oddly
the performance was ok apart from woeful shooting and frightening defending and goalkeeping

desperate for this to succeed
09:33, Thu 30 Nov
We seem to start both halves really poorly under Rooney.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:35, Thu 30 Nov
Iain_Gavin
Rab C Nesbitt

Definitely.

As dynamic going forward as we've been in years, hampered by individual mistakes and unsuitable defenders.

I'm relatively positive after last night, but we have to take the attacking play into Saturday as the Sheff Wed game on the whole was uninspiring
👍 fair
Tony Fantastico
09:35, Thu 30 Nov
And me. Defensively we were just as bad but in midfield and attack we were night and day from those games.

The big difference, and it's amazing how often this needs effing repeating, is that we have a completely different club in comparison to what we had when those other guys were in charge.

Why people are ignoring the ambition of Knighthead and the path they've put us on, just to focus on a handful of games on the pitch, well it baffles me.

It's a cliche but it's never been more apt- Rome wasn't built in a effing day.

absolutely - but results do count and we’re struggling to scrape even a point in games, we know all too well how easy in this league it is to get sucked in, that’s what scares most i think

but absolutely the club and infrastructure is on the rise - which we hope will translate into more positive results consistently that’s all that’s missing!
09:36, Thu 30 Nov
Nikola Zigic
Why people are ignoring the ambition of Knighthead and the path they've put us on, just to focus on a handful of games on the pitch, well it baffles me..

I highly doubt anyone is against Knighthead. But it's perfectly OK to be supportive of them, and also think they've made a massive cockup by appointing world class wayne.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:40, Thu 30 Nov
We should treat Blues like today’s weather. Far from perfect and a bit grim at times. But our spring and eventually summer WILL come
Tony Fantastico
09:47, Thu 30 Nov
Last night was a massive improvement over the first couple of games.

Defensively we look awful still but that can be sorted by telling the centre backs to have less freedom
09:57, Thu 30 Nov
Improvement for me, creating a lot more chances, just need to defend better. Getting the right balance between attacking and defending is the main issue for me. Sanderson looks a little lost and don't think Roberts or Long can adapt to this new style of footy. If we can just dig in and dont get sucked into a relegation fight there will be a massive clearout of existing players.
09:57, Thu 30 Nov
You know what Rab, I wanna believe that, but I remember an interview with Totto Wolff, head of Mercedes about 10 years ago when he was told how cocky and chirpy Ferrari were for the future and he said
‘Ferrari are very good at winning next years championship’

I’ve heard over the last 10 years phrases of hope at the start of pretty much most seasons , yet come December reality hits us like a freight train again…. Bottom half Zzzzzzzz.

What Knighthead have done off the pitch is in the main , incredible and I’m really grateful to them. How they have/ will effect on field matters I think they still have convince me

Edit …. And despite all their razzamataz and spending Ferrari still haven’t won that title 10 years on
09:58, Thu 30 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
We should treat Blues like today’s weather. Far from perfect and a bit grim at times. But our spring and eventually summer WILL come

😀👍💙
09:59, Thu 30 Nov
👍
Tony Fantastico