15:17, Thu 30 Nov
Yeah I do get that. But implementing the style asap is fine by me. And I’ll support whoever is in charge of doing it

i think Cook was unequivocal about why we went for Rooney over t'other bloke ---- we need investment, investment and more investment. We're timy ... £18 million revenu per year is way below even medium sized construction companies and we are not in the top 40 teams in the UK in terms of revenue (and Villa's is 10 times higher working in the same geographic and demographic area)

Every decision will take into account investment - every decision he emphasised - and no-one can argue that the personal status/standing/celebrity factor of Rooney is going to attract higher investment that t'other bloke

.... then again - investors also like to be associated with success
Rab C Nesbitt
Yeah I do get that. But implementing the style asap is fine by me. And I’ll support whoever is in charge of doing it

The test is whether he can do it isn't it. As you've said, there's actually been varying formations, selections and styles since he's been here. I think that's potentially a plus as it means being a bit flexible when it suits.
I think it’s been a negative. We do seem to be settling more into a 4231/433 though
Tony Fantastico
15:26, Thu 30 Nov
The Devlin Disguise
I'm pretty certain (other than the Villa connection maybe) that if it had been Potter there'd have been very little of the noise there's been.

I think you are 100% spot on. And that's born out of the gut feeling a lot of fans have the Rooney probably isn't going to cut it as a top-class manager, hence the frustration at the circumstances of the appointment. Like (almost) everyone else, I hope Rooney does a brilliant job and proves the doubters wrong, but if not, then the system will have changed and the club should stick with that, even if they eventually get rid of Rooney.
The Devlin Disguise
Rab C Nesbitt

The test is whether he can do it isn't it. As you've said, there's actually been varying formations, selections and styles since he's been here. I think that's potentially a plus as it means being a bit flexible when it suits.
Well at this point in time he certainly hasn’t been able to do it.
Time needs to be given but put it this way,if it wasn’t an appointment made by Wagner and Co we would all be calling for him to be sacked.
15:37, Thu 30 Nov
I honestly wouldn’t. No way
Tony Fantastico
15:47, Thu 30 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
I honestly wouldn’t. No way
Based on performances and results since Rooney came I reckon he would have been sacked or close to being sacked at most football clubs by now.
15:50, Thu 30 Nov
After 7 games?
Nah
Tony Fantastico
Rab C Nesbitt
After 7 games?
Nah

If he had been an incumbent manager before Wagner and Cooke arrived and had gone on this run of results, he would, I reckon.

Obviously though he's their appointment and will be given a chance to turn the decline in performances in general and results around, since he arrived, quite rightly.

But if the worse happens and relegation looms come March, they'll make a decision for the benefit of the club and not their vision for the style of football that won't be happening this season if we are in that position come March.
Eustace went on the exact same run from 7 games from 14 Feb-14 March. 4 points from 7 games. I nor everyone else didn’t call for him to be sacked
Tony Fantastico
17:19, Thu 30 Nov
It’s been two up front for several games in a row now which is leaving us wide open in midfield and doesn’t mean we are getting our best players on the pitch from the start eg Miyoshi who should be in the number 10 position behind Stansfield with Dembele and Bacuna in the wide attacking midfield positions. Then it’s perm any two out of three from JJ, Bielik and Sunjic in the deeper central midfield positions.
17:21, Thu 30 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Eustace went on the exact same run from 7 games from 14 Feb-14 March. 4 points from 7 games. I nor everyone else didn’t call for him to be sacked

He had credit in the bank though after a good first 5 months, plus an inferior squad

(This isn't me calling for Rooney to be chopped btw, just don't think it's the same circumstances)
Happy Clapper
Rab C Nesbitt

We couldn't have afforded to, probably.

What I am saying though is from "October to March" and if he hasn't been able to turn things around in 6 months and a transfer window and were in a relegation position come March Then I feel a decision will need to be made, not just drift into League 1.

Great if he turns the current form and results around, if he can't come March then a decision will have to be made, I would hope.

It was lovely to know you couldn't be relegated with 3 games to go last season for a change, hopefully we can at least acheive that this season now and kick on next season in the Championship. We'll have to wait and see
17:26, Thu 30 Nov
We should treat Blues like today’s weather. Far from perfect and a bit grim at times. But our spring and eventually summer WILL come

You do know that you can get nice weather by going somewhere else, don't you?
NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
Rab C Nesbitt

We couldn't have afforded to, probably.

What I am saying though is from "October to March" and if he hasn't been able to turn things around in 6 months and a transfer window and were in a relegation position come March Then I feel a decision will need to be made, not just drift into League 1.

Great if he turns the current form and results around, if he can't come March then a decision will have to be made
Absolutely agree with that
Tony Fantastico