11:38, Thu 30 Nov
Nikola Zigic
And me. Defensively we were just as bad but in midfield and attack we were night and day from those games.

The big difference, and it's amazing how often this needs effing repeating, is that we have a completely different club in comparison to what we had when those other guys were in charge.

Why people are ignoring the ambition of Knighthead and the path they've put us on, just to focus on a handful of games on the pitch, well it baffles me.

It's a cliche but it's never been more apt- Rome wasn't built in a effing day.

No one is ignoring the ambition of Knighthead. That ambition can only be fulfilled by success on the pitch. Without that it’s all window dressing. last night we got thumped by a bang average Blackburn side.
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
11:42, Thu 30 Nov
I think there was a lot more positivity before last nights game purely down to how well the open house went.

Im starting to think id rather pay to hear Wagner and Cooke talk than watch Rooney manage.

Wagner is a brilliant man and a great communicator.

On the football side, all good teams are defensively solid before moving forward.

We have to sort that out first because until its sorted every game in December looks extremely difficult less for Rotherham.
We should treat Blues like today’s weather. Far from perfect and a bit grim at times. But our spring and eventually summer WILL come

Feck me it's Chauncey Gardiner
11:45, Thu 30 Nov
As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.
11:46, Thu 30 Nov
quark
Nikola Zigic
And me. Defensively we were just as bad but in midfield and attack we were night and day from those games.

The big difference, and it's amazing how often this needs effing repeating, is that we have a completely different club in comparison to what we had when those other guys were in charge.

Why people are ignoring the ambition of Knighthead and the path they've put us on, just to focus on a handful of games on the pitch, well it baffles me.

No one is ignoring the ambition of Knighthead. That ambition can only be fulfilled by success on the pitch. Without that it’s all window dressing. last night we got thumped by a bang average Blackburn side.
But that’s also ignoring Ruddy going awol for one and throwing another in and us having decent chances missed by Buchanan, Bacuna x 3, a Bielik header, a Juke header, a Drameh cross that nearly dropped in etc
Tony Fantastico
11:46, Thu 30 Nov
Tha Project OBE
We should treat Blues like today’s weather. Far from perfect and a bit grim at times. But our spring and eventually summer WILL come

Feck me it's Chauncey Gardiner

It is the responsibility of the gardener to adjust to the bad seasons as well as enjoy the good ones.”

Lets hope we see someone walk on water before too long
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
11:48, Thu 30 Nov
I said yesterday if he can sort the defence out, we’ll be a lot better as going forward we’re improving. Whether he can do that is the problem, as the fact he’s had 7 games now and defending has been pretty bad in all of them and obviously showing no signs of it getting better.
11:48, Thu 30 Nov
You know what Rab, I wanna believe that, but I remember an interview with Totto Wolff, head of Mercedes about 10 years ago when he was told how cocky and chirpy Ferrari were for the future and he said
‘Ferrari are very good at winning next years championship’

I’ve heard over the last 10 years phrases of hope at the start of pretty much most seasons , yet come December reality hits us like a freight train again…. Bottom half Zzzzzzzz.

What Knighthead have done off the pitch is in the main , incredible and I’m really grateful to them. How they have/ will effect on field matters I think they still have convince me

Edit …. And despite all their razzamataz and spending Ferrari still haven’t won that title 10 years on

Newcastle.

Manchester City.

Aston Vanilla.

Money talks
quark
Nikola Zigic

But that’s also ignoring Ruddy going awol for one and throwing another in and us having decent chances missed by Buchanan, Bacuna x 3, a Bielik header, a Juke header, a Drameh cross that nearly dropped in etc

Could someone please tell quark that this bang average Blackburn side are 3rd in the league based on last eight games, having scored 18 goals, which no other team in the division has surpassed.
12:36, Thu 30 Nov
This whole situation is rapidly becoming two tribes though. Neither of us is 100% right but results are now just increasing our polarised view

The JE messiah/Hate Rooney from day 1 brigade - They are increasing their smugness game by game that this is just like Zola, Blues trying to change to a style that they cannot play with a manager who cannot implement but continues stubbornly. They can see the writing on the wall and, not all them, but a good majority seem to take some perverse pleasure in our defeats because it gives them some moral high-ground.

The Rooney is alright, I can see the bigger picture club - See the bright spot in everything because those days of competing in the championship and playing good football and getting results in sufficient numbers to get promotion are just a little around the corner, just maybe not next week or even this season. Who cares if we conceded 4, because we have 100 shots on goal last night? Optimism, maybe even a fear that criticism may scare the owners off before they have even started "The Project"

We so need wins and clean sheets enough to bring the tribes back to some centre ground.
12:46, Thu 30 Nov
Last night was nothing like that away game at Southampton we was poor for most of that game but take out the start of the 2nd half the rest was positive and you can see what football is being Done on the training ground , the one thing we have to sort ou5 is 5he beginning of games as we are so slow to get going in games and Saturday against a poor travelling Rotherham team we need to get stuck straight into them and put them under pressure from the off get a early goal and settle us down and with our attacking play we could give them a good hammering . Got to say as well looking again at Blackburn’s 1st goal did he look offside to anyone else ?
13:32, Thu 30 Nov
I felt very weird after the game last night, I'd watched us concede 4 goals but the performance, for me, was brilliant for 70mins.

All four of the goals we conceded were really poor and for me, down to concentration not tactics.

I'm actually more enthused by last night than if we had won 1-0 hoofing it. Weird. Up the Wazza.
13:33, Thu 30 Nov
Tha Project OBE
You know what Rab, I wanna believe that, but I remember an interview with Totto Wolff, head of Mercedes about 10 years ago when he was told how cocky and chirpy Ferrari were for the future and he said
‘Ferrari are very good at winning next years championship’

I’ve heard over the last 10 years phrases of hope at the start of pretty much most seasons , yet come December reality hits us like a freight train again…. Bottom half Zzzzzzzz.

What Knighthead have done off the pitch is in the main , incredible and I’m really grateful to them. How they have/ will effect on field matters I think they still have convince me

Edit …. And despite all their razzamataz and spending Ferrari still haven’t won that title 10 years on

Newcastle.

Manchester City.

Aston Vanilla.

Money talks

That’s true…… you can throw in lots of others ( Everton Chelsea and even us circa Trolley dash) who have splashed the dough and gone backwards….,

The ones outlined above have Pep Emery and Eddie Howe……. I think that could be argued has been the catalyst in the upturn in their relative success as much as dosh….. and their in lies the rub…… the 64 thousand dollar question…….have Knighthead….. despite all their excellent work commercially, made the right call in the most important position within the playing staff ?
13:50, Thu 30 Nov
David Xavis
I felt very weird after the game last night, I'd watched us concede 4 goals but the performance, for me, was brilliant for 70mins.

All four of the goals we conceded were really poor and for me, down to concentration not tactics.

I'm actually more enthused by last night than if we had won 1-0 hoofing it. Weird. Up the Wazza.

Yeah it is weird. I came away from the match more confident than I was after the Sheffield Wednesday game on Saturday. Obviously we need to cut the stupid mistakes out but otherwise, if we played like that most weeks, I think we'd start picking up a decent amount of points.

If we played like we did against Sheffield Wednesday, we'd only beat teams as crap as them.
13:55, Thu 30 Nov
David Xavis

Agree with this. The football was exciting, the players seemed to click a lot better in possession than I've seen them do all season, we were pulling Blackburn all over the place.

It just seems it takes us the first 15 minutes to get the players moving into the right areas instinctively. In that first 15 yesterday nearly everyone misplaced a pass into no one (or where they expected someone to be). There needs to be some thought on how to install that confidence from the outset, take the game by the scruff of the neck from the first whistle. As fans I think we can help, the atmosphere in the first 20 against Sheffield was embarrassing in its silence. We have to own some of this too.