09:40, Thu 30 Nov
Read on Facebook that apparently season ticket holders in the GMU have been getting phone calls from the club, saying that they'll have to pick an alternative seat for the time being as the GMU is being closed for 'work'.

No doubt that it needs it but seems pretty rushed unless it's an urgent H&S issue.

Have any GMU season tickets heard from the club? I've not had a call and we're only a couple of days away from the next home game...
09:42, Thu 30 Nov
There's been major issues with the lifts, also issues with getting food and drink up there, Cook touched on a few issues on Monday, could be that
Happy Clapper
09:43, Thu 30 Nov
KingCostly
Read on Facebook that apparently season ticket holders in the GMU have been getting phone calls from the club, saying that they'll have to pick an alternative seat for the time being as the GMU is being closed for 'work'.

No doubt that it needs it but seems pretty rushed unless it's an urgent H&S issue.

Have any GMU season tickets heard from the club? I've not had a call and we're only a couple of days away from the next home game...

Wonder if this is for the new scoreboard up there?
09:44, Thu 30 Nov
Oh yeah good point
Happy Clapper
09:45, Thu 30 Nov
El Mayor
KingCostly

Wonder if this is for the new scoreboard up there?

We was told the new screens would be done in the close season, I'm guessing it's the issue with the lifts, possibly some H&S issue.
09:45, Thu 30 Nov
I'd just close it full stop and only put on sale when demand is there. Need as many fans behind both goals IMO.
09:49, Thu 30 Nov
We was told the new screens would be done in the close season

I think on a lot of stuff we got told different things

Our group were told the screens would be up soon, as in the next few weeks
Happy Clapper
09:50, Thu 30 Nov
The optimist in me says the work is preparing for a new screen / scoreboard

The cynic in me says the work is to make us more attractive on the pitch whilst it’s closed as we now have full capacity and low demand, and it’s the easiest part of the ground to close (like Blackburns upper tier above their home end)
I think they are embarrassed that the lower Tilton & Kop haven't been anywhere nearly full
and trying to move fans into those lower areas. These empty areas can't look good when the owners are watching from the U.S. Isn't there a half price deal at the moment for the kop f you buy a tckt for Rotherham?
I have my ST in the GMU but have herd nothing so far.
10:23, Thu 30 Nov
Freddie Pickering

Just been told by someone that when they were called, they were informed it was for the rest of the season so whatever seat you choose to move to will be your new season ticket seat.

Paper ticket / e ticket issued for Rotherham and season ticket card sent before the Leicester game.
10:39, Thu 30 Nov
Although its annoying for the few season ticket holders up there it does make sense as regards filling out the other stands and economically.
11:47, Thu 30 Nov
Got 4 tickets booked and paid for up there for the Leicester game, we love sitting their. No phone call or message yet from the club which would have been nice if indeed this is happening. So much for good customer service
11:54, Thu 30 Nov
They are probably doing it in game order.

Plenty of time for you to be disappointed
12:54, Thu 30 Nov
KingCostly
Freddie Pickering

Just been told by someone that when they were called, they were informed it was for the rest of the season so whatever seat you choose to move to will be your new season ticket seat.

Paper ticket / e ticket issued for Rotherham and season ticket card sent before the Leicester game.

Just been down the Blues and changed my seat to the Kop. The chap I spoke to told me they are refurbing the GYM and you can go back once it's complete if you wish.
Paper ticket for Saturday and card for the Leicester game onwards.