15:31, Thu 30 Nov
Except that the GMU are not the worst seats in the ground, far from the worst in fact. It's the best view in the ground imo.

And there's only 1600 of them, which isn't enough for the away allocation.

If we're not moving I'd turn it into a high end and exclusive area, like Edgbaston's Skyline. Not corporate (so available to everyone) but a premium match-day experience.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
I can remember the pompey bell ringer, sat in the paddocks. Bradford 0-0 in the 95 promotion season. Charlton 96, Sunday on the telly 1-4, the addicks were chased back into the ground and away fans were banished from the main stand, forever more.
15:37, Thu 30 Nov
Le Mod
They were in the Main Stand for a very short period whilst the GM was being built, from memory. Though obviously that was a necessity.

I had a feeling Wolves fans were in there when the roof blew off
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
15:39, Thu 30 Nov
Nikola Zigic
Le Mod
They were in the Main Stand for a very short period whilst the GM was being built, from memory. Though obviously that was a necessity.

Nah no way. Shame they weren’t in the paddocks though 😂
Tony Fantastico
15:39, Thu 30 Nov
Your knowledge of acreage of sites in East Birmingham leads me to suspect you know more than you're letting on.
15:41, Thu 30 Nov
Nikola Zigic
Le Mod

No they were in the GML.
15:46, Thu 30 Nov
I changed mine recently from GMU to lower tilton but never heard anything from the club.
15:49, Thu 30 Nov
Rags
Although its annoying for the few season ticket holders up there it does make sense as regards filling out the other stands and economically.

"it does make sense as regards filling out the other stands and economically."#

#Yes... and as i've posted before ... IF we move grounds the new stadium will operate along those lines -- obviously these are only sketch ideas at the moment, but

60,000 seats

3 tiers

bottom = 15,000
middle -= 25,000
top = 20,000

there will be no STs sold for top tier and it will only be opened once it looks like we are going to go over 40,000 for a match - and those will be all match day tickets in the top tier --- the idea is that having the bottom two tiers full and banners/covering along the top tier won't make it look empty at all

For shows, boxing, concerts - all 3 tiers will be opened (and obviously fot football matches when we start getting average attendances over 40,000)

Spill the beans you teasing rascal
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
15:50, Thu 30 Nov
Your knowledge of acreage of sites in East Birmingham leads me to suspect you know more than you're letting on.

Proper Blues know what’s going on.

Did you enjoy Blackburn?
danielbcfc
I'd just close it full stop and only put on sale when demand is there. Need as many fans behind both goals IMO.

Not a GMU ST holder myself but i wouldn't be happy if i was. ST holders in GMU have coughed
up their money and committed themsilves obviously because they enjoy the view of the game you get up there ( It is a good view) and now it's been taken away

Perhaps if Cook had appointed a proper manager he wouldn't have to close areas to make the newly refurbished lower areas
look full!

If it is a H & S issue then fair enough
15:52, Thu 30 Nov
Can we move stadiums instead?

Yes, certainly. If you are prepared to wait a decade and can also find a billion pound to make it happen.

Our footprint is 7,5 acres. How does that compare to other grounds like anfield, whl, Newcastle and the likes? They've all managed to rebuild excellent venues with less than our 7,5 acres and even tighter planning constraints.
15:55, Thu 30 Nov
Rags
Although its annoying for the few season ticket holders up there it does make sense as regards filling out the other stands and economically.

"it does make sense as regards filling out the other stands and economically."#

#Yes... and as i've posted before ... IF we move grounds the new stadium will operate along those lines -- obviously these are only sketch ideas at the moment, but

60,000 seats

3 tiers

bottom = 15,000
middle -= 25,000
top = 20,000

there will be no STs sold for top tier and it will only be opened once it looks like we are going to go over 40,000 for a match - and those will be all match day tickets in the top tier --- the idea is that having the bottom two tiers full and banners/covering along the top tier won't make it look empty at all

For shows, boxing, concerts - all 3 tiers will be opened (and obviously fot football matches when we start getting average attendances over 40,000)
. Makes perfect sense and would be the perfect multi purpose stadium, I have every confidence this will happen and we will have our biggest ever season ticket sales when it does.
15:57, Thu 30 Nov
£120m and done in 4 years I’m told. This isn’t North London.
It’s not just the stadium it’s the space around it. There is definitely something going on with it, and those in the know clearly can’t say for good reason. Cook basically said we’re restricted currently unless we move.
Gazball?
16:03, Thu 30 Nov
What's your imaginary capacity?

120 million won't buy you a world class venue. Though if we build it out of old shipping containers, it would blend in nicely with the freightliner terminal, across the way.