14:19, Fri 8 Dec
NouCamp
Cook hasnt seen anything yet in terms of toxicity, unless we start winning games the boos will only get louder earlier in the game and then the chants to get Rooney out will start

I'm not sure he appreciates how pissed off people feel to have what was potentially a half decent season for the first time in years taken away from them

i think its fair to say there is real simmering anger and resentment at that even from people who want Rooney and Blues to do well which is very easily stoked up at games when the results and performances are so poor, its very reactionary but that's the nature of football supporters

the bigger picture about manager needing time and bigger picture goes out the window during those 90+ mins

This is very fair.

I’m not sure it’s “fair” to be vitriolic toward individuals anyway but to do so over possibly missing out on something that was only ever a potential is bordering on unhinged.
Up The Croxteth Guardiola.
14:44, Fri 8 Dec
Cook hasnt seen anything yet in terms of toxicity, unless we start winning games the boos will only get louder earlier in the game and then the chants to get Rooney out will start

I'm not sure he appreciates how pissed off people feel to have what was potentially a half decent season for the first time in years taken away from them

i think its fair to say there is real simmering anger and resentment at that even from people who want Rooney and Blues to do well which is very easily stoked up at games when the results and performances are so poor, its very reactionary but that's the nature of football supporters

the bigger picture about manager needing time and bigger picture goes out the window during those 90+ mins

You speak some truth Mr Camp. I don’t know, but I don’t think Cook has much of a problem with booing and barracking at the match, when it’s deserved. Calling Rooney a C bomb possibly went a bit further than that.

Fair and considered criticism on message boards between games is probably alright too, it’s the ill considered, unthoughtful ranting, consisting mainly of personal insults that probably gets his goat. The knee jerk overreacting that encourages the sheeple to pile on and wade in.

Might bewrong though.

As for having the season taken away, it was too early to say when Villa John went if the season would have been half decent, look at last season. And it’s too early to say how things will look at the end of the season. You don’t know, I don’t know.

One of us, at least, is looking forward to finding out.
MontagueTerraceInBlue
Up The Croxteth Guardiola.
😄
Tony Fantastico
14:47, Fri 8 Dec
NouCamp

This is very fair.

I’m not sure it’s “fair” to be vitriolic toward individuals anyway but to do so over possibly missing out on something that was only ever a potential is bordering on unhinged.

Toxic
14:51, Fri 8 Dec
Can anyone summarise what was said? Appreciate it's a pain in the arris

Garry decried the tendency of some fans to be quite nasty in their comments, whilst emphasising that criticism is fair so long as it doesn’t descend into, well, toxicity.

I think he was a bit out of order naming you personally. That’s probably why it’s been taken down.
14:56, Fri 8 Dec
Tha Project OBE

You speak some truth Mr Camp. I don’t know, but I don’t think Cook has much of a problem with booing and barracking at the match, when it’s deserved. Calling Rooney a C bomb possibly went a bit further than that.

Fair and considered criticism on message boards between games is probably alright too, it’s the ill considered, unthoughtful ranting, consisting mainly of personal insults that probably gets his goat. The knee jerk overreacting that encourages the sheeple to pile on and wade in.

Might bewrong though.

As for having the season taken away, it was too early to say when Villa John went if the season would have been half decent, look at last season. And it’s too early to say how things will look at the end of the season. You don’t know, I don’t know.

One of us, at least, is looking forward to finding out.

dont know about truth just a take on what might be at the heart of the toxicity

never said it was a view I shared but one I do empathise with
22:12, Fri 8 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
[www.facebook.com]
Thoughts?

A bit of introspection from the man might be the better course of action than digging the fans
22:17, Fri 8 Dec
Cook is a very competent CEO with a great track record but he does seem to have quite a big ego. I'm not sure he will ever own up to a bad decision.
22:19, Fri 8 Dec
He’s a marketing guy. The survive on bullshit and bluster

He’s definitely as good as we are going to get and He’s doing a great job of overhauling the decay at the club, he just needs to stay a million miles away from any decision regarding the men’s 1st team
22:21, Fri 8 Dec
I'm sorry but this bloke was flashing his knickers at any club who'd have him, was lined up for Derby before Kirchner turned out to be a fraud.

HE has caused this toxicity by making such a stupid decision to sack a manager who was doing a solid job to give his mate the gig, and ultimately will have to give him a chunky pay off.

Blues fan my arse. It stinks.
22:21, Fri 8 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
[www.facebook.com]
Thoughts?

I agree with every single word.

We've got to get on board with this and forget about the past, it's the best chance this club will ever have.

Nah, I think our best chance is to make it so toxic that Rooney quits asap. That’s our best chance.

If I have a popular ice cream place; serving the general, chocolate, mint, banana and vanilla and then change it to serve faeces only flavoured ice cream, are my clients toxic for not wanting to come in anymore?
22:47, Fri 8 Dec
Fair enough for anyone to be filled with vitriol after that. Righteous anger is justified. Letting the players have some is justified. Much of it is already unpleasant, mostly from the usual unpleasant suspects. Rational people should be able to calm down by tomorrow.

It’s probably time for a bit of pragmatism. The people who own us, control us ,haven’t become what they are by being reckless. Maybe a touch reckless, but not at too much expense. I’m no business expert, but I’d imagine to get the top and stay there some element of risk has to be involved.

For me, with no pot to piss in, I’d say, rein it in. Regroup. Park the bus. Let things settle. Get some fecking points, then have another go. That’s probably why I have no pot to piss in. Chicken.

I’d be amazed if they don’t see that what is being attempted isn’t working. We’re at the point where each defeat hardens the fans against Wayne, even a point is met with anger, and if we ever win it will be despite Wayne.

I’m the same with Wayne as I was with Villa John. He can stay. I don’t care. He can go, I don’t care, but please, if only for a month, park that bastard bus.
22:48, Fri 8 Dec
Nikola Zigic
Rab C Nesbitt
[www.facebook.com]
Thoughts?

I agree with every single word.

We've got to get on board with this and forget about the past, it's the best chance this club will ever have.

Nah, I think our best chance is to make it so toxic that Rooney quits asap. That’s our best chance.

If I have a popular ice cream place; serving the general, chocolate, mint, banana and vanilla and then change it to serve faeces only flavoured ice cream, are my clients toxic for not wanting to come in anymore?

That’s a shit analogy. Stick to psychology.
Tam
22:52, Fri 8 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Fair enough for anyone to be filled with vitriol after that. Righteous anger is justified. Letting the players have some is justified. Much of it is already unpleasant, mostly from the usual unpleasant suspects. Rational people should be able to calm down by tomorrow.

It’s probably time for a bit of pragmatism. The people who own us, control us ,haven’t become what they are by being reckless. Maybe a touch reckless, but not at too much expense. I’m no business expert, but I’d imagine to get the top and stay there some element of risk has to be involved.

For me, with no pot to piss in, I’d say, rein it in. Regroup. Park the bus. Let things settle. Get some fecking points, then have another go. That’s probably why I have no pot to piss in. Chicken.

I’d be amazed if they don’t see that what is being attempted isn’t working. We’re at the point where each defeat hardens the fans against Wayne, even a point is met with anger, and if we ever win it will be despite Wayne.

I’m the same with Wayne as I was with Villa John. He can stay. I don’t care. He can go, I don’t care, but please, if only for a month, park that bastard bus.

Yep, I think we're at that awkward stage where anything that he says or does is (perhaps understandably) met with derision. That it's happened so early, and that the results and performances have been so poor have surprised me, even as someone that was decidedly less than happy at his appointment. Goodwill carries managers a long way, or at least buys them time, but Rooney was on a hiding to nothing from that aspect from the start. I don't think I've ever known anything like it at Blues.
Make Blues Great Again