I suppose it’s all about defining ‘toxic’ really…. Some stuff like racism or loutish/threatening behaviour or language aimed at individual's yeah we all would I’m sure agree with that…… Is booing at the end of a shite game ‘toxic’ ?. Questioning an appointment toxic ?………

For disclosure I’ve never booed and whilst he wouldn’t have been my choice, I’m desperate for WR to succeed and would happily sing his name at the games……..

Yes to positivity but Blues is a broad church, not a North Korean cult……… imo
10:30, Fri 8 Dec
This is correct. And when I complete the survey as I did after Rotherham I make my views known (for what it is worth) about how disappointing I felt the on field performance was and how, for me, this the most important variable determining how I feel about the 'matchday experience'.
But I think Cook is right to call out personal insults as not welcome, destructive and toxic, as well as acknowledging that challenge and criticism are sometimes appropriate. And I wish all those associated with, and commenting on, the club situation would take note and heed the message. I won't hold my breath.
Wilfred Owen
I suppose it’s all about defining ‘toxic’ really…. Some stuff like racism or loutish/threatening behaviour or language aimed at individual's yeah we all would I’m sure agree with that…… Is booing at the end of a shite game ‘toxic’ ?. Questioning an appointment toxic ?………

For disclosure I’ve never booed and whilst he wouldn’t have been my choice, I’m desperate for WR to succeed and would happily sing his name at the games……..

Fair, but I think the toxicity claim is more aimed at those that are personally abusing players and staff even after a win - or booing players 11 minutes in, for example. That's nothing to do with anyone being cultish, that's just calling out shit support. Booing at the end of a poor game is fine and usual (not that I've ever done it), not toxic at all.

I remember a few years back when vile were on the slide, we used to laugh at their lot for fighting each other in the stands, I honestly think that's where we are heading - which to my mind is bloody mad, considering we finally have owners who want to make us work.
Up the feckin Blues
10:37, Fri 8 Dec
Yes can we not just knock it?
10:38, Fri 8 Dec
Spike
TresorLuntala
My point was more that the majority of the toxicity is coming from behind a computer screen.

Some friends of mine were telling me last week that where they sit, in The Tilton, there were people almost coming to blows.

There were fans who were calling Rooney and the players various fannys, and others were arguing that that was a pisspoor way to support the club...which is true and I don't see how anybody could deny that. It was apparently very heated and people were having to be restrained.

My mates reckon it's only a matter of time before punches start getting thrown.

There's been a little bit of that by us on the Kop, oddly mostly between people of pensionable age. Werthers Originals flying - terrible business.
10:41, Fri 8 Dec
Wilfred Owen

This.. Toxic is a new buzz word to quash dissension.. Some people sound ideological on here as if nothing can be said bad against the new owners or their decisions.. People are allowed to be frustrated and unhappy with what they have seen so far.. I'll judge them on what they achieve not on what they say they want to achieve
10:48, Fri 8 Dec
Uncle Tom Cobley
Wilfred Owen

This.. Toxic is a new buzz word to quash dissension.. Some people sound ideological on here as if nothing can be said bad against the new owners or their decisions.. People are allowed to be frustrated and unhappy with what they have seen so far.. I'll judge them on what they achieve not on what they say they want to achieve

I just wonder what happened to supporting the team, without expecting a payback, whatever happens, through thick and thin, ‘til death us do part, to the end of the road......
10:49, Fri 8 Dec
El Mayor
Spike
TresorLuntala
My point was more that the majority of the toxicity is coming from behind a computer screen.

Some friends of mine were telling me last week that where they sit, in The Tilton, there were people almost coming to blows.

There were fans who were calling Rooney and the players various fannys, and others were arguing that that was a pisspoor way to support the club...which is true and I don't see how anybody could deny that. It was apparently very heated and people were having to be restrained.

After the Sheff Wed game there were two guys behind me on the stairs in the corner of the GML shouting things like "eff off Rooney, you prick" as he walked off - even though we'd just won the game. It's a small minority but it is definitely there at the ground.

Thick as shit
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:56, Fri 8 Dec
So if we lose 5-0 tonight we have all got to be chuffed to bits have we in case we upset some sensitive soul at the club. What a load of cobblers. I’m delighted for some of you on here who appear to have embarked on some weird spiritual evangelical like journey but ffs get a grip.
10:58, Fri 8 Dec
Spike
TresorLuntala

I’ve said today that I can see Blues on Blues fisticuffs tonight sadly
Tony Fantastico
KES
11:01, Fri 8 Dec
Wyndcliff
Uncle Tom Cobley
Wilfred Owen

I just wonder what happened to supporting the team, without expecting a payback, whatever happens, through thick and thin, ‘til death us do part, to the end of the road......

Might have been different when it cost two bob to get in.

As many like to say on here, we are no different to everyone else. Palace fans are moaning I see after they lost a game. Normally when this happens its due to the club doing something stupid / making bad decisions.

It happens.
11:04, Fri 8 Dec
Wyndcliff
Uncle Tom Cobley
Wilfred Owen

That’s a very valid point, but it could be argued that without fans expressing themselves like fans in the Paddocks with Cotterill or after the dire run under Zola we would be League 1 or possibly worse with points deductions like Reading/Wigan… heading for no club

Again, Wagner and Knighthead are the best thing to happen to us in the 50 years I’ve followed us as a kid. Commercially unbelievable….. it’s just defining’toxic’ for me as to the playing side
11:05, Fri 8 Dec
It’s good but I prefer Steal This Album!

No chance. Self titled, maybe.
11:08, Fri 8 Dec
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
[www.facebook.com]
Thoughts?

Think a lot of what it comes down to is there is a line of acceptability when it comes to criticism and that there are some who can’t or won’t see that they are crossing it. Some feel they have a right to express their opinion regardless of the consequences expressing that opinion may have.

Unfortunately it’s true across society
11:31, Fri 8 Dec
Our fans are getting worse, look at the reaction on Twitter to the blues fan with MND it's horrid.