22:02, Fri 8 Dec
Yorkshireblue
We will be relegated if we don't get rid.

Giving him a transfer window is throwing money away.

It's okay to admit a mistake and move on.

This.
Dreadful appointment by Cook.
We will be in bottom 3 for Xmas.
22:02, Fri 8 Dec
What I meant by that was the style of play the owners want. Obviously the style of play under Rooney is non existent, and I’d argue reminiscent of the worst of Eustace last season. Just aimless hoofing, no ball retention, no quality, no cutting edge.
22:03, Fri 8 Dec
Toby Lerone
I honestly still believe this will be alright, he will turn it around.

A lot of injuries today, I’m hoping that a good Jan window will turn this around. He’s had a huge contract for a reason, this has to be a long term plan and philosophy to bring the club forward.

The club has currently started a marathon and this will be a long journey x
You might be right but the timing of the sacking of JE was unecessary. It does feel like Cook was just totally focused on getting his buddy a job.
22:03, Fri 8 Dec
Newbs
Falstaff
Yes. Players have to take responsibility for that.

And for the other 8 dreadful games?

Yes, you’re right.
22:04, Fri 8 Dec
Done
22:05, Fri 8 Dec
Bluenose27
What I meant by that was the style of play the owners want. Obviously the style of play under Rooney is non existent, and I’d argue reminiscent of the worst of Eustace last season. Just aimless hoofing, no ball retention, no quality, no cutting edge.

Gotcha 👍

Agreed
We've only got Chewits
I’m really trying to give him a chance and wanting it to work but he really isn’t helping himself.

Terrible team selection, no plan, players look lost and worst thing of all doesn’t appear some are giving all for the shirt.

I could go on and on but he needs to find a result from somewhere and quick otherwise we have another relegation battle on our hands.
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
Toby Lerone
I honestly still believe this will be alright, he will turn it around.

A lot of injuries today, I’m hoping that a good Jan window will turn this around. He’s had a huge contract for a reason, this has to be a long term plan and philosophy to bring the club forward.

The club has currently started a marathon and this will be a long journey x

I don't understand this. I can understand the owners want to turn the club around and are doing their best to do so.

They have made a mistake by appointing somebody who has no football philosophy to speak of other than recklessly press forward without the players who are able to track back and defend.

This is Wayne Rooney, not a managerial savant. No evidence from Rooney's CV or his work at the club to date to indicate he's the right man to build a winning club. He's never managed a winning club. If you are trying to build something new, you need to bring in someone proven who can steady the ship, build up best practices, and correct deficiencies that have built up over the past decade. Much as it pains me to say this, that's what a club like Newcastle is doing with all their ill-gotten gains.

A good player does not a good manager make. Luckily the owners can correct their error, though it will cost them.

Get rid.
22:06, Fri 8 Dec
We are trying to play a more open game both Blackburn and Coventry were winnable we do not have the quality going forward simple as that.

Think if we had a decent centre forward we would be 5 or 6 points better off and the pressure would be off.

Mostly about timing and the timing was wrong.

Half a dozen new players needed in at the end of the season hopefully we will still be in the division.
22:06, Fri 8 Dec
Rowett is out of work. Bring him back now!
22:07, Fri 8 Dec
Its the first time tonight where I have thought to myself, we have to change this now.

I like Rooney, I like his honesty (Much more so than Eustace in that sense). But he is on a hiding to nothing which is a shame.

Most of all however I blame the players, they have downed tools because they are not good enough to play the sort of football asked of them.

Get someone like Warnock in to keep us up with these mostly bang average players. Recruit well in the summer and try again with proper players who can string two passes together.

I actually feel sorry for Rooney tbh, but its not working and its not mostly his fault.

"I like his honesty (Much more so than John 'DvB' Useless in that sense)"

See you say that but i've heard reports that JE was a complete taskmaster and very upfront with the players in the sense of getting the best from them.

What YOU don't like is the JE did all his criticising in private
22:07, Fri 8 Dec
Amy T
Miamivice
He'll be gone before the January transfer window.

A horrific appointment.

A tenner says he isn't gone before February
I will take that bet. He will be gone by Feb.
22:09, Fri 8 Dec
If , as I expect , we get beat on Wednesday, he'll be gone by Friday , or ought to be . My real fear is that they will give him money in the window and then we're toast...
22:09, Fri 8 Dec
Newbs
Falstaff
Yes. Players have to take responsibility for that.

And for the other 8 dreadful games?

Perhaps they don't understand what they are being asked to do. As somebody else said too many coaches spoiling the broth.