Tam
23:06, Fri 8 Dec
Why? Not a provocative question in the slightest, just wondering what makes you lean towards that. I didn't answer the 'back or sack' thread, because I can't really come up with a one word answer.

So - do you want to keep him because you think that he'll turn it around, or is it because you want to back the owners, or is it because sacking a manager after nine games seems insane on the face of it, at least?

My honest answer is that I don't know, because I have real doubts that he'll make a go of it, but equally can't see his services being dispensed with after such a short space of time, because, well - it's been 9 games and he's the owner's choice.

What would your reasons be for backing him at this stage and when would that support stop?
Make Blues Great Again
23:07, Fri 8 Dec
Tam
Well, the same as yours.
23:09, Fri 8 Dec
Well, the same as yours.

So you can't actually think of a single reason for keeping Rooney ?

Yet you are snarky, abusive, rude and insulting to anyone who questions him ?

Hmm .. maybe empty vessels DO make the most noise
23:11, Fri 8 Dec
Still on ignore
Tam
I couldn't really answer the question because gut feeling is that he won't make it, but on the other hand, he's had such a short tenure that it flies against accepted wisdom to sack him.

There were some confident 'back him' one worders though, so I'm interested to know whether it's because the 'backers' had confidence in him, or just didn't want to see another sacking so soon.
Make Blues Great Again
Tam
I said back because it has only been 9 games. There have been managers in the past that have started off terribly but gone on to be successful. Rooney is still young and relatively new to management.

Now do I personally believe he has what it takes? No not really, but that’s just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Another thing is that the owners back him so we should, however hard that is at the moment.
23:12, Fri 8 Dec
Tam
Back
23:13, Fri 8 Dec
Tam
I like to give a fella chance and it seems to me he needs more of a chance. The money wants radical change, the timing is off, it doesn’t seem fair. Plus, I don’t like the disgusting way he is maligned and abused and my instinct is always to discourage and challenge the mentality of the roaring lumpen mob. It’s not just unattractive and boring it’s dangerous
Tam
1. Because I believe he will eventually turn us into a great footballing side. I like watching the football that he wants us to play.

2. He has the name to attract quality players to the club.

3. He is a thoughtful man with a real footballing brain who brings a credibility to the club.

4. He is who the owners want and they will invest in him.

5. He is here for the long term. He won’t be sacked. May as well back him.
Tam
Bcfc_Sears
Back

Fair enough - but why? Do you think he'll make a success of it at Blues, or is it more that you back the board, or it's too soon - or a combination?
Make Blues Great Again
I respect your faith in Rooney. 9 games is probably too short, but have we seen anything in those 9 games to suggest it will change and get better, aside from a first half against Ipswich.

I get that the owners have backed him, but if they can sack JE for 18 pts in 11 games, Rooney should be packing his bags now for 5 pts in 9 games.
23:14, Fri 8 Dec
Tam
9 games in you'd like to see some kind of progress or identity change. It is as bad as I've seen, including under Wurzel, Karanka and the rest. It's getting worse.

Stubbornness and protecting of egos are the only reasons he isn't on his way already.

It just isn't going to work.
23:14, Fri 8 Dec
Still on ignore

I'm not surprised - you can't answer the questions, you don't offer anything constructive in replies.

So you pretend just to not read them
23:15, Fri 8 Dec
Bluenose27
I respect your faith in Rooney. 9 games is probably too short, but have we seen anything in those 9 games to suggest it will change and get better, aside from a first half against Ipswich.

I get that the owners have backed him, but if they can sack JE for 18 pts in 11 games, Rooney should be packing his bags now for 5 pts in 9 games.

They didn’t sack Eustsce for his record. They didn’t like his style of play.
Tam
23:15, Fri 8 Dec
Tha Project OBE
I like to give a fella chance and as it seems to me he needs more of a chance. The money wants radical change, the timing is off, it doesn’t seem fair. Plus, I don’t like the disgusting way he is maligned and abused and my instinct is always to discourage and challenge the mentality of the roaring lumpen mob. It’s not just unattractive and boring it’s dangerous

Yes, I get that totally. I wasn't a fan of his appointment, but the abuse that he faced made me more on his side. Subsequent results, however, have knocked that, but I'm definitely with you on that.
Make Blues Great Again