23:25, Fri 8 Dec
Newbs
What? You'd let us have another 10 games of serving up that sh1te while QPR, Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday wave to us on their way past

Absolutely, wed be right in the mix not cut adrift

And its exactly what what the decision makers will do to id imagine

I cant see them sacking him after 15 games or less regardless of what happens in the next 6
23:27, Fri 8 Dec
Tam
It's not going to work and the people issuing these badges need looking at as they seem to over look man management. Look at their successes. Rooney, Lamport, Gerrard etc etc etc. Total crock of shit
23:27, Fri 8 Dec
Thanks for being honest but I'm struggling to understand why you'd accept us going into the relegation zone with no signs of any improvement. I just can't get my head around it
23:28, Fri 8 Dec
TaylorJay84
All I have left as an excuse is it’s a mere 10 games and most of these players won’t be here next summer.

But then I ask myself can we risk being dragged into a dogfight with this group and this manager, look how meek and passive they are now, there’s no fight for a relegation battle in this lot with a manager lacking any real nouse.

Also we’re looking at a manager who’s never really had money or a budget to sign his own players, that’s an unknown, Derby by circumstance he was thrown a squad of frees, vets and kids together as a make-do.
I don’t doubt recruitment goes way above his head but I just don’t see him getting anything out of one single player since he’s been here, whether that’s man management or coaching 🤷‍♂️

I’m just numb to it, I am expecting every game us to lose, that had left a little bit at the start of the season. the hysteria of the summer takeover and good signings in my eyes has evaporated, whilst talks of wheels park and Man City like futures is nice and something to behold, in the hear and now real world the fanbase is divided and becoming as toxic as it is or was under any previous manager we’ve had minus maybe Zola!

I’m 39yo and I’ve seen this movie before, it’s sad, deflating, likely unfortunately, it’s a real gut punch.
They want the mentality and culture to change but this I’m sorry feels very much like a ‘oh blues moment’ we’ve all witnessed and lived through before.
They are new to us, we’ve lived through the bad days and them scars are very raw and run deep for us, it isn’t just a turn the page mentality everyone can adopt!
The pure fact is they’ve tried to run before they can walk, it’s not about which manager for me, it’s that they’ve been over eager and baring the fruits of what seems a risky decision.

Right now I don’t know the answer and that’s probably the biggest issue, I cannot see them pulling the plug and that just means more losses, more misery and the team falling deeper into the mire.

Exactly how I feel.
23:28, Fri 8 Dec
NouCamp
Newbs
What? You'd let us have another 10 games of serving up that sh1te while QPR, Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday wave to us on their way past

Absolutely, wed be right in the mix not cut adrift

And its exactly what what the decision makers will do to id imagine

I cant see them sacking him after 15 games or less regardless of what happens in the next 6

So you want us to be in the relegation zone and in a relegation battle? That’s not right surely?
Tam
23:29, Fri 8 Dec
Some very fair points in this thread - I'm really interested in the posters that voted to back him and what the train of thought was behind that opinion
Make Blues Great Again
23:33, Fri 8 Dec
Newbs
Thanks for being honest but I'm struggling to understand why you'd accept us going into the relegation zone with no signs of any improvement. I just can't get my head around it

Because as an owner Id have invested and backed him as my man

Hes had a big contract, all his mates in as coaches

Id have asked the fanbase to get behind him a week ago at the open house

Id have to hold my nerve until it became absolutely categorically clear hes not the man for the job rather than just thinking he might not be
Rags
Well, the same as yours.

So you can't actually think of a single reason for keeping Rooney ?

Yet you are snarky, abusive, rude and insulting to anyone who questions him ?

Hmm .. maybe empty vessels DO make the most noise

If there was a 'like' button I'd press it for this reply.

On topic. If they're going to keep Wayne I think he'll take us down before we become an 'Ipswich'. This might take time but do we have the patience?

Mowbray isn't the long term answer. Potter might have been, but if he'd have had the same run as Wayne has had I think he'd have had the bullet. No doubt about it.

I gave up on Blues in 2011 at Spurs. But I'm still here.
They're coming to take me away haha hehe haha
23:38, Fri 8 Dec
Struggle to see how his job cannot be at risk. Anyone using their eyes to judge is it going well would realise we looking pretty poor.

We don’t look like scoring and we look like letting goals in every game.

Why would you give him money to spend based on the last 9 games.

I feel there are so many reasons why he is doing a bad job, team selection, sudden drop in form of certain players, defensively poor… I could probably list more but it would be boring as we all know them.

The way we are playing we are due a big loss as we’re letting teams have too many chances.
23:41, Fri 8 Dec
The only reason I can think of why not to sack him is - who will replace him and get us to recover enough to steer clear of relegation and not trigger a big impact on FFP.
The concept of getting new players in whilst not triggering FFP rules is also a smoke screen though. If WR cannot motivate anyone we’ve got now, how will he swing it round bringing in another 3 or 4 players?
If we stick with WR relegation is extremely likely. So I sadly just can’t see a successful outcome.
23:46, Fri 8 Dec
Tam
Sorry to but in on your words of wisdom Tam but he has a poor record imo and was a bad appointment. If I may commit a heresy having started supporting the cub when the Wiseman’s ran it ( incidentally I think that the best chairman in my fifty odd years of misery, that we have ever had was Clifford Coombs).
I digress, as usual, but, tin hat at the ready, we are not an American sports team, and if that is the model that they chose to run us as then they are heading for disaster. It does not fit with the history and culture of the club.
Tha Chinese decided to run it their way and now we have the Americans trying to emulate the New York Yankees et al. And if anyone mentions the Premier League as the model then just think how long that crook Abramavovich was allowed to run Chelsea - money over morality.
The Sixth Mass Extinction is here.
Totally agree. Present players have shown over 9 games that they’re unable to adapt. WR needs to play to their strengths now to keep us up. Total overhaul of team next summer as previously stated by Cook. Then we can judge WR.
23:53, Fri 8 Dec
Tam
At present it it would be very hard to mount a compelling argument to keep him based on our football in his first nine games. The opposite is nearer the truth and they’re plenty making it and more joining them as games pass. Rooney was not employed for his record as a manager as I see it. His record was in the main poor. He was employed because those that own the club believed he has potential. He clearly is very knowledgeable about the game as evidenced by those fans who heard him speak at the Open House. For the record I was not one of those but trust the opinions of those that were. I suspect those who appointed him are quietly reflecting on whether they have made a mistake despite what they may say in public. Given how poor we have been, it would be hard to imagine them not doing so.

I would not, despite my concerns with current form and performances, sack him. I think nine games is to short a period of time and he deserves at least one window to bring in a few players to improve us. There are significant weaknesses in the squad particularly in central midfield where Bielik has been poor all season and up front where we are crying out for a striker. I think we actually need two central midfielders in reality and a striker in January. I want Rooney to succeed. I think some of the abuse he got by some Blues fans was uncalled for. He is actually trying to improve us albeit that is not working out too well to date. He is not intentionally making us as bad as we are.

Rooney may be responding to the expectations of the owners in trying to implement a no fear, front foot, high press, possession based style of football too quickly where a more experienced manager might have told the owners that would need to wait until the summer to introduce. I also don’t want to have pay off another manager and his back room staff unless or until they have had a fair chance to prove themselves. I don’t think we will need to tell the owners that it is not working out if it comes to that. I know for many we have reached that point already but Tom Wagner is no fool and won’t hesitate to take action when it is required. I, for better or worse, trust the new owners and don’t think fans losing their temper with them at games will motivate them greatly. Results and performances will in time.
23:56, Fri 8 Dec
Now is the time to judge Rooney. 9 games in lost 6 after winning 2 scoring 7 sitting in the play offs.

It's not good enough.

Stubborn managers who cannot adapt to what's happening are the worst to have. Bowyer was a prime example, refused to to change when it wasn't working.
23:58, Fri 8 Dec
At present it it would be very hard to mount a compelling argument to keep him based on our football in his first nine games. The opposite is nearer the truth and they’re plenty making it and more joining them as games pass. Rooney was not employed for his record as a manager as I see it. His record was in the main poor. He was employed because those that own the club believed he has potential. He clearly is very knowledgeable about the game as evidenced by those fans who heard him speak at the Open House. For the record I was not one of those but trust the opinions of those that were. I suspect those who appointed him are quietly reflecting on whether they have made a mistake despite what they may say in public.
I would not, despite my concerns with current form and performances, sack him. I think nine games is to short a period of time and he deserves at least one window to bring in a few players to improve us. There are significant weaknesses in the squad particularly in central midfield where Bielik has been poor all season and up front where we are crying out for a striker. I think we actually need two central midfielders in reality and a striker in January. I want Rooney to succeed. I think some of the abuse he got by some Blues fans was uncalled for. He is actually trying to improve us albeit that is not working out too well to date. He is intentionally making us as bad as we are. He may be responding to the expectations of the owners in trying to imply a no fear, front foot, high press, possession based football too quickly where a more experienced manager might have told the owners that would need to wait until the summer to introduce. I also don’t want to have pay off another manager and his back room staff unless or until they have had a fair chance to prove themselves. I don’t think we will need to tell the owners that it is not working out if it comes to that. I know for many we have reached that point already but Tom Wagner is no fool and won’t hesitate to take action when it is required. I, for better or worse trust the new owners and don’t think fans losing their temper with them at games will motivate them greatly.

You make some good points, but the fact remains that given the exact same tools JE has proven he can create a more successful, cohesive, competitive football team than Rooney can.

So why are we persevering with Rooney if he is actually worse than JE ? Surely we need to get rid and try and attract someone else, someone with a track record of improving teams and getting the best out of players.