03:36, Sat 9 Dec
Tha Project OBE
I’m not pro Rooney. I’m not anti Rooney either.

I thought from the start he deserved more of a chance than some fans were giving him now I feel obliged to defend the fecker. Now he’s had a decent run of games I’m not so inclined to defend him but still think it’s too early to write him off. The worrying thing is that the last few games, against less than stellar opposition, have been nasty to watch.

Your fooling no one. You have been very pro rooney and almost embarassing in putting a positive spin on constantly losing.
03:56, Sat 9 Dec
Falstaff
1. Because I believe he will eventually turn us into a great footballing side. I like watching the football that he wants us to play.

2. He has the name to attract quality players to the club.

3. He is a thoughtful man with a real footballing brain who brings a credibility to the club.

4. He is who the owners want and they will invest in him.

5. He is here for the long term. He won’t be sacked. May as well back him.

Right first of all I like the support that you still offer and I’m glad it remains between some supporters but mine has now wavered.

On your points individually

1) I cannot see where we improved style wise under Rooney. We had a very good 60 minutes against Ipswich and a decent 70 against Blackburn but that’s it and there is no connection or progress between games.

2) Whatever “name” he attracts players may work if we’re doing well, but where we are currently won’t make any difference.

3) I think he knows the football he’d like to play, which is all well and good but it’s clearly beyond the reaches of our squad. I don’t see how he brings credibility beyond a name.

4) It’s who Cook wanted, not the owners. They will now be having doubts and that will impact the level of investment in the team under Rooney.

5) We don't know that, he could we be sacked if this stays the same till the new year.
Gazball?
It's going to be incredibly ironic when we're relegated AFTER effing off the Chinese and getting proper owners.

Peak "Typical Blues"
H

Consistently correct.
He should be sacked before we are really in a relegation fight, if we aren't already. In the time Rooney has been here he has tried different ways of getting the team to play, which in itself indicates that he hasn't got the confidence in himself to stick to a plan. I really hope the owners are working on the next appointment already, and actually look at the new incumbents CV not just his name.
That's the biggest issue with Rooney so far, there has been no consistency in team, shape or system. You can forgive the team to degree considering injuries but we should be playing to a specific system.

The managers that have long term success after poor starts - Arteta, Dyche (at Everton) - never deviated from their systems.
Tha Project OBE
I like to give a fella chance and it seems to me he needs more of a chance. The money wants radical change, the timing is off, it doesn’t seem fair. Plus, I don’t like the disgusting way he is maligned and abused and my instinct is always to discourage and challenge the mentality of the roaring lumpen mob. It’s not just unattractive and boring it’s dangerous

Yes.
I totally agree. Last night was bloody awful and it's impossible for me to defend that. It hurt, we are a laughing stock atm, Wolves neighbour I bumped into in a shop yesterday said simply 'Why Rooney?' and I had no answer.

If you are going to employ someone and ask them to change how we play though, you have to give him the chance to get the players in he needs, so after 9 games and zero windows, it's totally unfair to bin him off. Course if we look like going down, all that waffle from me goes out the window.
Up the feckin Blues
bluer than blues
That's the biggest issue with Rooney so far, there has been no consistency in team, shape or system. You can forgive the team to degree considering injuries but we should be playing to a specific system.

The managers that have long term success after poor starts - Arteta, Dyche (at Everton) - never deviated from their systems.

We're doing a vile, ent we? Mega rich and ambitious owners allow a trusted underling to get in a stella name to herald the new era (Gerrard in the scums' case) and it falls flat on its face.
WR is our Gerrard and I hope that eventually, it comes good for us in the way it has for them disgusting oafs across the way.
Up the feckin Blues
07:53, Sat 9 Dec
They didn’t sack Eustsce for his record. They didn’t like his style of play. [/quote]

That's the reason they gave. I'm not convinced. They just wanted a name. [/quote]

This for sure.
If you sack him now, the club and the new owners look foolish.
But the new manger has time to assess his squad ready for the January window
The questions the board have to ask themselves are
How much can we afford to spend due to FFP
Will that give Rooney the number and quality he needs
And the big one, with those questions answered will Rooney be able to make it work
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
The cat next door
He should be sacked before we are really in a relegation fight, if we aren't already. In the time Rooney has been here he has tried different ways of getting the team to play, which in itself indicates that he hasn't got the confidence in himself to stick to a plan. I really hope the owners are working on the next appointment already, and actually look at the new incumbents CV not just his name.

The worrying this is that we have already played all of the shite in the division at home. Considering we are absolutely abysmal away, you have to ask where the points are going to come from, especially under the current manager.
As you’ve said, you could defend him, but in the absence of any identifiable plan it’s impossible to.
08:00, Sat 9 Dec
CastleBlue
Tha Project OBE
I’m not pro Rooney. I’m not anti Rooney either.

I thought from the start he deserved more of a chance than some fans were giving him now I feel obliged to defend the fecker. Now he’s had a decent run of games I’m not so inclined to defend him but still think it’s too early to write him off. The worrying thing is that the last few games, against less than stellar opposition, have been nasty to watch.

Your fooling no one. You have been very pro rooney and almost embarassing in putting a positive spin on constantly losing.

And this is what you are up against - increasingly, folk only see black or white, brilliant or shit, good or bad. No room for nuance anymore is there? Can't you see that some of us (probably the majority) want Rooney to do well because that means Blues do well? I don't support any manager, I support Blues and therefore whoever is in charge of the side at that particular time.

I'm sure to you I'm 'Pro Rooney' in your head, even though I was vehement we shouldn't sack the DVB for him when the rumours first emerged - in fact a few on here ripped the piss out of me when I passed on what my Derby supporting mates told me, that it was Rosenior who was behind Derby almost surviving that -21 points drop, Rooney was just the big name on the office door.
Up the feckin Blues
08:02, Sat 9 Dec
Exactly this. No idea where our next win or point is coming from. 2 more loses incoming with Cardiff and Leicester. Surely at that point Knighthead will have to read the room and act.
Tha Project OBE
I hope and pray Garry isn’t reading this message board tonight

Why? Please explain? People expressing genuine concerns in a constructive manner.
08:18, Sat 9 Dec
Novakainian
Exactly this. No idea where our next win or point is coming from. 2 more loses incoming with Cardiff and Leicester. Surely at that point Knighthead will have to read the room and act.

I’m not certain that they will. I think they may take the same view that Troy Deeney seemed to have last night, which was basically, ‘it’s not the style of play, it’s the lack of effort from the players’. For that reason, I think Rooney will get the rest of the season and a summer budget, and he will start next season with his own players.

If the owners were to decide to change manager, they’d have my total support. I just don’t believe that they will. I also don’t think that they should.
08:20, Sat 9 Dec
Tha Project OBE
I hope and pray Garry isn’t reading this message board tonight

Why? Please explain? People expressing genuine concerns in a constructive manner.

Calling the manager a fat Scouce chav or a player a disgusting pig isn’t constructive.

Express concerns all you want but no need for any vitriolic abuse. It’s exactly the thing Cook said that isn’t on.
08:23, Sat 9 Dec
Falstaff
Novakainian

I’m not certain that they will. I think they may take the same view that Troy Deeney seemed to have last night, which was basically, ‘it’s not the style of play, it’s the lack of effort from the players’. For that reason, I think Rooney will get the rest of the season and a summer budget, and he will start next season with his own players.

If the owners were to decide to change manager, they’d have my total support. I just don’t believe that they will. I also don’t think that they should.

Or another conclusion could be Rooney's not a manager the players want to run through walls for. Point still remains where are our points coming from to keep us in the division?

My worry is they will be reluctant to sack him as it proves they have made a mistake.