00:48, Sat 9 Dec
The thing is .... if we are still in this division in June next year (i think we will be) and we have shed loads of money to spend ... is Rooney the right person to give it to ?

He was unproven when he came here, has never had to spend big money on players and this was supposed to be his chance to impress everyone and prove that Cook's claim that it was a "world class appointment" was true. To this point he hasn't even shown that, given equal resources, he is even better than JE as a manager.

Surely we should just bin him and get someone in with a proven record and give them the money rather than piss it up the wall.
00:52, Sat 9 Dec
Rags
The thing is .... if we are still in this division in June next year (i think we will be) and we have shed loads of money to spend ... is Rooney the right person to give it to ?

He was unproven when he came here, has never had to spend big money on players and this was supposed to be his chance to impress everyone and prove that Cook's claim that it was a "world class appointment" was true. To this point he hasn't even shown that, given equal resources, he is even better than JE as a manager.

Surely we should just bin him and get someone in with a proven record and give them the money rather than piss it up the wall.

Irrelevant imo. If we are going to be a proper grown up club then we'll be signing players to fit an ethos and style, with Rooney having a little input at the end.

Theoretically, it should make much difference if it's Rooney, Steve Cooper or Barry Fry in charge.

He said hopefully.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Kumars Fashion Sense
The only reason and it is the only reason it seems farcical to get rid of someone after nine games. Especially when those games have included Ipswich Sunderland Coventry Southampton. All teams either at the top or in last years play offs. It’s thin gruel I know.

Sunderland who lost to Plymouth, Huddersfield and drew with Milwall and just sacked there manager?
Even Boro away as difficult as it was have been beaten by Bristol City and drew with Plymouth since rolling us over.
Coventry have won the last three and climbed above us tonight but have on the whole been crap.

Granted Southampton, Leicester and perhaps Leeds look the toughest fixtures on paper due to there finances and squads, but I’m not having the rest of the fixtures he’s had.

It’s a mad league where Huddersfield can go to Sunderland and beat them. Leicester can draw with Sheff Wed, but how this seasons gone so far and how open the league is after said teams above, let’s not pretend like he’s had to come in and go to City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal blimey.

As limited as many keep banging on this squad is, he took over a team in 6th place with a playing staffs confidence on cloud 9, they were performing perhaps above there levels, and the club had the best vibe and feel about it since the prem days.
I get defending him but context please
00:59, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
I'd love nothing more than Rooney to turn it around, but at this point I just can't see it happening, the style of football he was brought in to play has already gone out of the window, so now we are arguably playing more negative football than under the last manager. If we were getting hammered whilst still trying to hone in on a certain progressive forward thinking style of play I could stomach the performances more (similar to Russel Martin's Southampton when they were losing games not long ago). I'm more of the belief now that a lot of the good work done at Derby was because of Rosenior. Could be similar to Clough without Taylor and Martin O'Neill without Roberts (obviously to a much lesser extent).
Ernie without Eric. Art without Paul. Lou without Bud. Fletcher without Godber. Gordon without Tony.

The list is endless.
Tha Project OBE
Ernie without Eric. Art without Paul. Lou without Bud. Fletcher without Godber. Gordon without Tony.

The list is endless.

😂😂
You agree or disagree then?
01:16, Sat 9 Dec
Do you go to game mate?
01:17, Sat 9 Dec
TaylorJay84
Tha Project OBE

The list is endless.

😂😂
Reported. The bastard is spot in
Tony Fantastico
01:21, Sat 9 Dec
Do you go to game mate?

I did not, buddy.
You agree or disagree then?

Haven’t made my mind up
01:26, Sat 9 Dec
Bit of a typo there apologies! Not really sure a man there tonight would be against a change of manager, I have only seen a few of your posts but why so pro Rooney?
01:37, Sat 9 Dec
I’m not pro Rooney. I’m not anti Rooney either.

I thought from the start he deserved more of a chance than some fans were giving him now I feel obliged to defend the fecker. Now he’s had a decent run of games I’m not so inclined to defend him but still think it’s too early to write him off. The worrying thing is that the last few games, against less than stellar opposition, have been nasty to watch.
01:50, Sat 9 Dec
TaylorJay84
All I have left as an excuse is it’s a mere 10 games and most of these players won’t be here next summer.

But then I ask myself can we risk being dragged into a dogfight with this group and this manager, look how meek and passive they are now, there’s no fight for a relegation battle in this lot with a manager lacking any real nouse.

Also we’re looking at a manager who’s never really had money or a budget to sign his own players, that’s an unknown, Derby by circumstance he was thrown a squad of frees, vets and kids together as a make-do.
I don’t doubt recruitment goes way above his head but I just don’t see him getting anything out of one single player since he’s been here, whether that’s man management or coaching 🤷‍♂️

I’m just numb to it, I am expecting every game us to lose, that had left a little bit at the start of the season. the hysteria of the summer takeover and good signings in my eyes has evaporated, whilst talks of wheels park and Man City like futures is nice and something to behold, in the hear and now real world the fanbase is divided and becoming as toxic as it is or was under any previous manager we’ve had minus maybe Zola!

I’m 39yo and I’ve seen this movie before, it’s sad, deflating, likely unfortunately, it’s a real gut punch.
They want the mentality and culture to change but this I’m sorry feels very much like a ‘oh blues moment’ we’ve all witnessed and lived through before.
They are new to us, we’ve lived through the bad days and them scars are very raw and run deep for us, it isn’t just a turn the page mentality everyone can adopt!
The pure fact is they’ve tried to run before they can walk, it’s not about which manager for me, it’s that they’ve been over eager and baring the fruits of what seems a risky decision.

Right now I don’t know the answer and that’s probably the biggest issue, I cannot see them pulling the plug and that just means more losses, more misery and the team falling deeper into the mire.

I couldn't agree with this more.
03:29, Sat 9 Dec
Tam
Tam
Why? Not a provocative question in the slightest, just wondering what makes you lean towards that. I didn't answer the 'back or sack' thread, because I can't really come up with a one word answer.

So - do you want to keep him because you think that he'll turn it around, or is it because you want to back the owners, or is it because sacking a manager after nine games seems insane on the face of it, at least?

My honest answer is that I don't know, because I have real doubts that he'll make a go of it, but equally can't see his services being dispensed with after such a short space of time, because, well - it's been 9 games and he's the owner's choice.

What would your reasons be for backing him at this stage and when would that support stop?

At this point the factors that could change things for the better under Rooney are:

1. Current team get used to a system that Rooney uses consistently
2. Purchases in the transfer window

1 doesn’t seem likely to me as things stand. I actually like Rooney. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a leader setting standards and holding people to account for them. But from the outside looking in it seems like he’s deviated from his vision and without that anchor he’s stuck in a “bad decision loop”.

2 is risky. It seems like we don’t actually have much flexibility within FFP rules. But you never know. A few strategic buys might bind things together.

The alternative option is to change manager. There’s no one out there better than Rooney at attacking football that would come to us. JE isn’t coming back (to all who pine for him: dry your eyes mate). If we appoint someone for a rescue job then we’d go back to playing shite football. And, frankly, eff another 10 years of dog shit hoof ball.

So - looking at the reality of where we are rather than where we could or should be - I want to see Rooney double down on his original vision, spend in January and ride the horse as hard as he can. If we go down, we go down. Come back up win the cup kick eff out the Villa.