08:50, Mon 18 Dec
Despite all the work going on around St Andrews in recent months, there has been consistent gossip among Blues fans about the potential for a move to a new stadium. This has been fuelled by people talking about the redevelopment of Birmingham Wheels Park and the potential to build there.

[almajir.net]
09:05, Mon 18 Dec
Great write up. Being an ex Armourer any chance you could change it from ordinance to ordnance, it's the little things for us types.
09:14, Mon 18 Dec
Thanks mate. Good piece
Tony Fantastico
09:15, Mon 18 Dec
Great piece as ever Dan. I would add that when i spoke to Garry Cook in his first week at blues, he stated that we would be moving grounds. So whether it is Wheels or not, it would appear that the part of the whole plan is to see us in a new ground.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
If not Wheels, I can't see anywhere other than the NEC unfortunately.

I think it'll be Wheels though.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
09:31, Mon 18 Dec
Maybe he was just blowing smoke up your trumpet and saying what you wanted to hear.

If wheels isn't an option then the only suitable parcels of land would be out of town. Somewhere near a motorway is what everybody needs for all the car drivers who will demand parking for 20,000 vehicles
09:33, Mon 18 Dec
NEC gets mentioned all the time but I’ve no idea where you’d put it without demolishing the current halls. HS2 mess all around there and green belt next door. Maybe demolishing that shit airport would be a good idea though.
09:33, Mon 18 Dec
Old Rover Plant?
09:38, Mon 18 Dec
That's going to be mostly housing.
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.

NEC? Not much land around there. I was thinking more out towards Tamworth, or where the m5 meets the m42.

We are too late for Longbridge, if that's the old rover works?
09:45, Mon 18 Dec
Moving to the NEC would kill the club. I really can't see that happening.
09:51, Mon 18 Dec
Kill the club? It's called progression and we must embrace it. Especially if you drive and insist on secure car parking.

Fit in or do one, 30 % will get right behind it... blah blah blah
09:54, Mon 18 Dec
foghorn leghorn

NEC? Not much land around there.

Not quite true there is the proposed Arden Cross development, housing and mixed use covering nearly 350 acres
10:04, Mon 18 Dec
Thongs
Maybe demolishing that shit airport would be a good idea though.

Paging "There's a few of us" - he'll be delighted to hear this
10:04, Mon 18 Dec
foghorn leghorn

NEC? Not much land around there. I was thinking more out towards Tamworth, or where the m5 meets the m42.

We are too late for Longbridge, if that's the old rover works?

Tamworth ?? Really ? I think it would be great but just can't see it anywhere there. If it not wheels it is likely to be something that is currently in use for something else currently that becomes available i.e. factory closing that just isn't on our radars at moment.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years