16:22, Mon 18 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Rags
Nikola Zigic
I'm absolutely sick of driving to Blues. It's an absolute ball ache.

I'm doing satdee games on the train from now on.

Well last home game v Rotherham. I thought the same . Get on train from Telford as I'm sick of the worsening traffic off Aston Expressway down Waterlinks to Curzon Circus so checked my train time just before I left the house "CANCELLED"... great, so not trusting the trains I went by car. 40 minutes to get to Waterlinks then sat another 45 minutes. I did 1 mile , it was 2.10pm so I managed to dump the car behind White Tower pub (a few others did the same) and walked...faster than the queuing cars. Tonight I think maybe I'll drive to Redditch and come in that way to the ground. More miles but quicker.

Have you ever considered driving to West Brom or Wolverhampton and catching the tram in - i find it incredibly easy and obviously parking isn't a problem at the West Brom tram
The links are very good that way. Loads of options as well. Tram or train to both Moor St and New St from Sandwell and Dudley[/quote

Yes driven to Wolverhampton before and done this but couldn't really do it verses Rotherham as running out of time from Telford due to train cancellation last minute and tonight going straight from work so car it is.
16:30, Mon 18 Dec
Thongs
NEC gets mentioned all the time but I’ve no idea where you’d put it without demolishing the current halls. HS2 mess all around there and green belt next door. Maybe demolishing that shit airport would be a good idea though.
Maybe Knighthead could buy the airport and make it world class????
16:31, Mon 18 Dec
Thanks

Just a shame as this would be a fantastic site for us.

On a separate matter I don't get all the developments in Digbeth. I'm not close enough to Real Estate now but there seems to be a lot of plots with planning that have yet to see a spade in the ground even allowing for Covid. My understanding (slightly dated) was that it was far east investment money fuelling all the builds and the cost per sq ft was on the toppy side. I wonder if that investment money has stalled / the market has changed ? HS2 not being the full build to the North may also have affected matters.

Over to the property types who may know more.
We're off to the market site, 60,000 seater stadium in the city centre.. well we can dream
Inspector Montalbano
We're off to the market site, 60,000 seater stadium in the city centre.. well we can dream
Sites alteady taken I believe...
The money flung at Stans was necessary to boost revenue and it is already having an effect.

They won't get a direct full return on their £25m spent but stadium costs don't count. but revenue earned does.

Increased hospitality, groud revenue, sponsors and corporate partners all adds to much-needed revenue.

Greater revenue streams are the key to realising Knighthead's true ambitions
17:42, Mon 18 Dec
25 mil spent, the first thing Cook did was to spend 12 of that on the facilities that he gets the most benefit from. No plebs allowed

Of course, it will be nice to show sponsors the alliance, but his main concern was his own comfort. Let's not pretend otherwise.
17:46, Mon 18 Dec
People with big pockets that he wishes to schmooze are allowed though...
17:52, Mon 18 Dec
How much do you think we'll increase revenue by, this year. 10% 20%?

He said the corporate stuff was sold out up till the end of Jan. Talk is cheap, until the accounts go in.

Sponsors aren't exactly flocking around because of Rooney's lure yet.
foghorn leghorn
25 mil spent, the first thing Cook did was to spend 12 of that on the facilities that he gets the most benefit from. No plebs allowed

Of course, it will be nice to show sponsors the alliance, but his main concern was his own comfort. Let's not pretend otherwise.
Firstly, Cook didnt spend money Knighthead did.
The facilities are for THE CLUBS benefit not cook's.
Secondly, did you want the stands fixed? Again they were fixed for the benefit of the club not Cook.
Are you missing BHSL at all as this isn't your 1st post against Cook/ Rooney or the owners
18:40, Mon 18 Dec
The Lord Mayor, Wagner and a whole bunch of suits are at the game tonight.
18:45, Mon 18 Dec
[quote="foghorn leghorn"

Sponsors aren't exactly flocking around because of Rooney's lure yet. [/quote]

You know thus how? Just because they haven't been announced doesn't mean talks aren't happening.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
18:47, Mon 18 Dec
Tom TheProject Brady
👍
18:51, Mon 18 Dec
Tom TheProject Brady

Think Wagner has been down Bainsys for a pre match pint as well

Edit:

Looks like Pep Clotet in the Roost too
18:52, Mon 18 Dec
You in here ?
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years