10:05, Mon 18 Dec
eff the car parking off and get a decent public transport network sorted
10:18, Mon 18 Dec
foghorn leghorn
Kill the club? It's called progression and we must embrace it. Especially if you drive and insist on secure car parking.

Fit in or do one, 30 % will get right behind it... blah blah blah
Driving isn’t progression.
Tony Fantastico
10:19, Mon 18 Dec
Chris
eff the car parking off and get a decent public transport network sorted
Didn’t see this on this page. 100% spot on though. Trains, trams, buses and booze
Tony Fantastico
10:33, Mon 18 Dec
If we went to the NEC,them bastard's will claim to be the only club in Brum.
11:22, Mon 18 Dec
foghorn leghorn
Kill the club? It's called progression and we must embrace it. Especially if you drive and insist on secure car parking.

Fit in or do one, 30 % will get right behind it... blah blah blah
Driving isn’t progression.

Unfortunately, not everyone is on your level of progressive, Super fan status. The plebs want to drive and park securely, within a stones throw of the turnstiles.
11:29, Mon 18 Dec
People thinking their cars are the most precious thing in the world are one of the biggest scourges on society at the moment. They ruin city centres, local beauty spots and just about anything else that spends more time than it should accommodating cars instead of prioritising pedestrians and local transport infrastructure. We should ensure there are enough spaces for the elderly and disabled and then encourage everyone else to get a train / tram / bus.
11:40, Mon 18 Dec
Tamworth. That’s bandit country. The huge majority of our support is South Birmingham, Solihull or even further out eg Redditch. From a totally selfish point of view I’m all for the NEC.
11:40, Mon 18 Dec
Chris
People thinking their cars are the most precious thing in the world are one of the biggest scourges on society at the moment. They ruin city centres, local beauty spots and just about anything else that spends more time than it should accommodating cars instead of prioritising pedestrians and local transport infrastructure. We should ensure there are enough spaces for the elderly and disabled and then encourage everyone else to get a train / tram / bus.

agree but its hard to get people out their cars if they are trying to get to st.andrews

tonight I could take public transport and it will take me an hour minimum

or take the car and it will take me 30

I live 10 min walk from a train station and 4 miles from St.Andrews

public transport is shit for getting to and away from blues
11:43, Mon 18 Dec
Yeah, of course. I'll have to drive tonight because of the trains home stopping at 10:30ish - but it shouldn't be convenient for me if I choose to drive (and thankfully isn't tbf).

Broader point is to ensure there's adequate transport links to encourage people to make the right choice.
11:49, Mon 18 Dec
So if all of us who drive in suddenly decide not to and use public transport instead would the current system be able to cope? I was going to use the trains earlier this season as my car was in for repair and on the morning of the game they cancelled all the trains from the station that is walkable for me. As for relying on the trains to get me home from a night match no chance as things are.
11:56, Mon 18 Dec
Intergrating the transport links at a new ground will cost hundreds of millions. A big tarmac car park would cost a fraction of that.

Alternatively, build a train station at St Andrews, utilize the existing bus depot and get the tram up cov rd would solve many of those transport issues.
Don't use the train in Birmingham very often other than coming into Grand Central but isn't the Adderley Park train station about 4 minutes from the centre and a ten minute walk to our hypothetical new stadium?

That sounds ideal.

Google maps says Duddeston is a 15 minute walk too.

Then there's the tram from the centre to St.Andrews, a 15 minute walk from there to Wheels Park.

Sounds pretty good to me.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
12:03, Mon 18 Dec
foghorn leghorn
Intergrating the transport links at a new ground will cost hundreds of millions. A big tarmac car park would cost a fraction of that.

Alternatively, build a train station at St Andrews, utilize the existing bus depot and get the tram up cov rd would solve many of those transport issues.

Your post makes no sense.

Wheels has not one but two stations close by - Adderley Park and Duddeston. Surely building a new stadium there, upgrading train, tram and bus links makes sense. I mean, how big a piece of tarmac are you going to need for cars for 30,000+ people?
12:08, Mon 18 Dec
I’d drive no matter what. Even if they were giving out free hand jobs on the train I’d still drive.

Nothing better than freedom and personal space.
12:09, Mon 18 Dec
I'm absolutely sick of driving to Blues. It's an absolute ball ache.

I'm doing satdee games on the train from now on.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.