18:55, Mon 18 Dec
Robert Hopkins
You in here ?

No mate, I’m not going tonight for various reasons.
18:56, Mon 18 Dec
Ok would have got u a pint.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
19:19, Mon 18 Dec
Robert Hopkins
You in here ?

No mate, I’m not going tonight for various reasons.

Saw various photos of Pep out in Brum last night catching up with old mates etc .. so sightings of him in The Roost are probably accurate.
Robert Hopkins
Ok would have got u a pint.

I'll have it
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
Too late I'll get u one boxing day.
20:02, Mon 18 Dec
Rebuild and resite Adderley Park Station to the other side of Bordesley Green Road (towards New St), and adjacent to Wheels site. Job done.
Firstly, Cook didnt spend money Knighthead did.
The facilities are for THE CLUBS benefit not cook's.
Secondly, did you want the stands fixed? Again they were fixed for the benefit of the club not Cook.
Are you missing BHSL at all as this isn't your 1st post against Cook/ Rooney or the owners

There's nothing wrong with them tarting up their surrounds to Wagner's specification, its his money, after all. I would do exactly the same, if it was my club. An American billionaire is going to expect a certain amount of comfort. The nicer it is, the more he'll be more inclined to spend time over here.

The lord mayor isn't an investor, they're more likely to try and tap up Tom for a few quid. If the lord mayor can open some doors and grease the wheels, then I have no problem. If they're just turning up for a junket, then it's a bit pointless letting them hang around.

I'm very impressed by the amount of time Wagner spends at blues, he seems to really likes the place and the people. He is our golden goose and I have never criticised Tom Wagner, or Brady.

Don't set the bar so low, with your flailing comparisons to the previous incumbents. The absolute baseline is to have a working stadium. They spent 12 on the alliance, 6.5 on the lower tiers and another 6.5 on improving the match day experience. 6.5 is no small beer, so well done to Knighthead, but trying to spin it as 25 mil spent for the benefit of the fans, isn't quite the full picture.

The stands had to be fixed, thats in Cook's remit. Its part of his responsibilities to get us up to full capacity and put more bums on seats. As the lower tiers opened he shut down the gmu, so it looks like shuffling deck chairs on the titanic, at the moment. The word "trustworthy" doesn't immediately spring to mind, when I think of GC.

I am judging rooney's performance, 5 games at a time. First 5 were horrible, but I gave him his dues for doing much better, in the next 5. I didn't blow my top over the Rotherham and Cov results, unlike most on here. This period 11-15 games in, there are further signs of cohesion, so he is slowly grasping the mantle.
08:48, Tue 19 Dec
Tom TheProject Brady
Can you get the train to Bordesley from New Street?

No, it's on the Moor Street/Snow Hill line.

And when the new chords at Bordesley are built to connect the new stations at Moseley, Kings Heath and Pineapple Road to Moor Street rather than New Street Bordesley station will be demolished.

Yes……you take Cross Country to Leamington Spa, change trains get the next to Dorridge, then change for a stopper to Snow Hill.
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
09:48, Tue 19 Dec
foghorn leghorn
. They spent 12 on the alliance, 6.5 on the lower tiers and another 6.5 on improving the match day experience. 6.5 is no small beer, so well done to Knighthead, but trying to spin it as 25 mil spent for the benefit of the fans, isn't quite the full picture.

Am i understanding you right in that you think they spent £6.5M doing the stands, £6.5M on matchday experience and £12M doing up a bar ???
10:33, Tue 19 Dec
foghorn leghorn
The facilities are for THE CLUBS benefit not cook's.
Secondly, did you want the stands fixed? Again they were fixed for the benefit of the club not Cook.
Are you missing BHSL at all as this isn't your 1st post against Cook/ Rooney or the owners

There's nothing wrong with them tarting up their surrounds to Wagner's specification, its his money, after all. I would do exactly the same, if it was my club. An American billionaire is going to expect a certain amount of comfort. The nicer it is, the more he'll be more inclined to spend time over here.

The lord mayor isn't an investor, they're more likely to try and tap up Tom for a few quid. If the lord mayor can open some doors and grease the wheels, then I have no problem. If they're just turning up for a junket, then it's a bit pointless letting them hang around.

I'm very impressed by the amount of time Wagner spends at blues, he seems to really likes the place and the people. He is our golden goose and I have never criticised Tom Wagner, or Brady.

Don't set the bar so low, with your flailing comparisons to the previous incumbents. The absolute baseline is to have a working stadium. They spent 12 on the alliance, 6.5 on the lower tiers and another 6.5 on improving the match day experience. 6.5 is no small beer, so well done to Knighthead, but trying to spin it as 25 mil spent for the benefit of the fans, isn't quite the full picture.

The stands had to be fixed, thats in Cook's remit. Its part of his responsibilities to get us up to full capacity and put more bums on seats. As the lower tiers opened he shut down the gmu, so it looks like shuffling deck chairs on the titanic, at the moment. The word "trustworthy" doesn't immediately spring to mind, when I think of GC.

I am judging rooney's performance, 5 games at a time. First 5 were horrible, but I gave him his dues for doing much better, in the next 5. I didn't blow my top over the Rotherham and Cov results, unlike most on here. This period 11-15 games in, there are further signs of cohesion, so he is slowly grasping the mantle.

I don't know where you get the amounts from, but they sound a bit off.

I do think you are missing the reason why Wagner bought Blues - this was to give him a way in to the city. Getting in with people like the Lord Mayor is all part of the plan as Wagner looks to build up connections, invest in the area and make some money. That is also why Wagner is around so much, he is over here for work.
Interesting the vile have put on hold their re-development of their ground today as it will take at least 2 seasons reduce the capacity to 36000 and may not be practical adding another 10000 seats to the North Stand anyway. Talk of looking of looking for another area to build a new stadium as a possibility.

Could a ground share be in the offing? coud make business sense cost wise, like they do in Italy and a good source of revenue for both clubs during the season and off season in one super modern stadium.

For arguments sake, would you entertain a ground share or not?
No thanks.

Great news though as that'll hopefully kick them further out of town so they can build a new cesspit.
17:08, Tue 19 Dec
move em to sutton park
Them lot cancelling the North Stand rebuild has poured cold water on a lot of the nonsense we’ve had to put up with.

If there was truly 20k on a waiting list, then they definitely would go ahead with the rebuild.

So much for “The best owners in football”.

As for moving from Villa Park, that’s nonsense, they have the land already to go up in capacity behind the North Stand.

Also it’s utterly perverse that a Premier League Club should be mooching for Tax Payers money to fund station upgrades. If they can lose almost £100m in one season in the championship, then they can damn well stump up £30m.
Absolutely not.