19:53, Thu 21 Dec
bluearmyfaction
Charcy
bluearmyfaction
Oxbridge is open to everyone. Luxembourgeois citizenship is not.

Well it's not is it. It's open for people who pass certain criteria to be part of it.
Decided by excellence rather than accident of birth. The ECJ has racism baked into its set-up.

lol
20:02, Thu 21 Dec
‘Racism’ 😂

Hopefully the thread gets to sanity from BA’s loony diversion
20:02, Thu 21 Dec
bluearmyfaction
Charcy
bluearmyfaction
Oxbridge is open to everyone. Luxembourgeois citizenship is not.

Well it's not is it. It's open for people who pass certain criteria to be part of it.
Decided by excellence rather than accident of birth. The ECJ has racism baked into its set-up.

Surely there's a degree of decision by excellence in the application for Luxembourg citizenship, no?

You don't help yourself.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
20:26, Thu 21 Dec
newblue
‘Racism’ 😂

Don't blame me, it's the law...section 28, Crime & Disorder Act 1988:

Meaning of “racially aggravated”

(1)An offence is racially aggravated for the purposes of sections 29 to 32 below if—

(a)at the time of committing the offence, or immediately before or after doing so, the offender demonstrates towards the victim of the offence hostility based on the victim’s membership (or presumed membership) of a racial group; or

(b)the offence is motivated (wholly or partly) by hostility towards members of a racial group based on their membership of that group.

(2)In subsection (1)(a) above—

“membership”, in relation to a racial group, includes association with members of that group;

“presumed” means presumed by the offender.

(3)It is immaterial for the purposes of paragraph (a) or (b) of subsection (1) above whether or not the offender’s hostility is also based, to any extent, on—

(a)the fact or presumption that any person or group of persons belongs to any religious group; or

(b)any other factor not mentioned in that paragraph.

(4)In this section “racial group” means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.
20:29, Thu 21 Dec
newblue
‘Racism’ 😂

I was more laughing at the idea people aren’t born into oxbridge but earn it through merit.

Some do, many don’t.
20:39, Thu 21 Dec
El Mayor
newblue
‘Racism’ 😂

I was more laughing at the idea people aren’t born into oxbridge but earn it through merit.

Some do, many don’t.

Yep. The rest are tested on capability etc. basically Luxembourg citizenship.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
20:43, Thu 21 Dec
Plenty of working class at Oxbrisge. You just have to look outside Christ Church, which is for the poshos who cannot qualify for a proper college.
bluearmyfaction
Haircut1000
The ECJ has judges from each EU member state.
Another thing that's wrong with it. It's like saying the UK Supreme Court must have a judge from Tunbridge Wells.

I'd have thought a better comparison would be the supreme court having a judge from every British nation.
Big difference is that the Supreme Court needs input from the different legal systems within the UK. That doesn’t apply to the ECJ.
21:20, Thu 21 Dec
I’m not meaning to be personal but if you’re intelligent enough to dig up the facts you use why aren’t you intelligent enough to dig up facts on how the laws the ECJ use get passed into law and nullify your own argument?
21:26, Thu 21 Dec
They get proposed by the Commission, which is unelected, and whose members swear an oath of loyalty to the Commission over and above any national interest. And then they put someone from Malta in charge of the railways.
Was your mother frightened by an ECJ judge when she was pregnant?
masqueraiding as a intelligent person
22:41, Thu 21 Dec
bluearmyfaction
They get proposed by the Commission, which is unelected, and whose members swear an oath of loyalty to the Commission over and above any national interest. And then they put someone from Malta in charge of the railways.

Racist
22:52, Thu 21 Dec
bluer than blues
bluearmyfaction
Haircut1000
The ECJ has judges from each EU member state.
Another thing that's wrong with it. It's like saying the UK Supreme Court must have a judge from Tunbridge Wells.

I'd have thought a better comparison would be the supreme court having a judge from every British nation.

Wales had the same system as us . I can look things up too!

I’m sure our big clubs have the ECJ and how we view Brexit uppermost in their thoughts on how they should respond . I mean, it was the first thing that springs to mnd 🙄.
23:59, Thu 21 Dec
Exactly. Not the best person but someone from a country. Which has no railways.