11:53, Thu 28 Dec
Sunik
I'd never known Blues fans chant for a manager to be sacked until that day.

You're not very old are you? It happened loads in the past
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
11:54, Thu 28 Dec
I'm mid 30s and it was the first time I'd heard it. Fry was my first manager though.
H

Consistently correct.
Tam
12:01, Thu 28 Dec
Francis Urquhart
I don't think it will. As has already been stated, it takes a hell of a lot to get Blues fans to really start taking pops at managers.

I don't think we're at that point yet.

I did say that, and I think it’s true, but Rooney, unfortunately, came here with such negativity with a lot of fans that the goodwill factor that exists for most new managers has never really been there. Goodwill buys a fair bit of time, but I don’t think that this will be afforded to Rooney, given the ‘perfect storm’ that surrounded his arrival.

Fan displeasure, even over results, might be the catalyst for any action to be taken. I don’t know, obviously, just a feeling. We all hope (well, most of us, I’m sure) that it doesn’t come to that, but a few more poor results and things will be pretty bad. It’s an awkward time around the transfer window as well, because if they back him in January, then they’ll have to give him time after that. I suspect that will be the case, based on nothing much other than maybe a bit of logic.
Make Blues Great Again
12:05, Thu 28 Dec
Francis Urquhart
I don't think it will. As has already been stated, it takes a hell of a lot to get Blues fans to really start taking pops at managers.

2 blokes behind me were squealing at Rooney 'the fat scouse ba**ard'
15 minutes into his first home game.
12:22, Thu 28 Dec
Bluesince62
Francis Urquhart
Bluesince62
Francis Urquhart
Sunik
Will it be the point of no return like Zola vs Burton?

I'd never known Blues fans chant for a manager to be sacked until that day. Perhaps it needs to be done again.

Remember "we want Brucey out" chants at the Norwich home game the season we went up the second time under him. We went on a mad run of form that took us to the top of the league thereafter.

The power of positive and supportive booing, right there.

😂

IIRC what started that run of form was a win at Derby after that Norwich game, where Stephen Clemence absolutely shanked a shot but it deflected off a Derby player and went into the net in the sort of way that if you tried it a 1000 times over you wouldn't ever be able to repeat it.

I was there that day, got interviewed outside Pride Park with the kids for that Sunday morning Championship football highlights show - someone Clarke was the presenter?. His question was 'should Bruce go if Blues don't win today?' that's how close it was. We were behind the goal when Clem shanked it - some relief that was.

Gabriel Clarke
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
12:38, Thu 28 Dec
I will scream and scream until i am sick
13:05, Thu 28 Dec
All we are saying is F*** off Mackay.

From memory Dave probably faced the highest proportion of booers.
Fewer than 6,000 to see us lose to Cambridge. There were a couple of thousand outside the club offices aftee the game.
13:30, Thu 28 Dec
Francis Urquhart

TBH a few in the Tilton/ Kop corner started the chant on the way out but were shouted down.
I have a nasty feeling there will be a few dissagreements and punches thrown in the next few weeks over this.
Lets hope for a very unlikely turn around in form, and results otherwise its going to be an unpleasant atmosphere at St Andrews
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
13:47, Thu 28 Dec
Sunik

I'd never known Blues fans chant for a manager to be sacked until that day. Perhaps it needs to be done again.

If we lose full stop. Pathetically or bravely it does not matter. We are bottom of the league for points since he took over n only heading one way.

We need a win desperately. If we lose this i think were in massive shit. You can't get nothing from stoke and bristol at home.
Sheep2

Fewer than 6,000 to see us lose to Cambridge. There were a couple of thousand outside the club offices aftee the game.

And , McKay must go! McKay must go!

Really felt for him. the club really was on it's knees then
14:07, Thu 28 Dec
Good man, Gabriel Clarke. Couldn't remember it for the life of me. Used to look forward to that show on a Sunday, unless we'd lost of course.
Up the feckin Blues
14:09, Thu 28 Dec
CastleBlue
Sunik

If we lose full stop. Pathetically or bravely it does not matter. We are bottom of the league for points since he took over n only heading one way.

We need a win desperately. If we lose this i think were in massive shit. You can't get nothing from stoke and bristol at home.

Sadly I think you are right. Praying for a win, of any sort, jammy or otherwise.
Up the feckin Blues
Romelle will start, and rip the bastards a brand new arsehole.
14:38, Thu 28 Dec
Kop Corner
We won't lose against Bristol City.

Thank God for that, l’ll go then. Cheers for the heads up.
Bordesley not Small Heath
Sheep2

And , McKay must go! McKay must go!

Really felt for him. the club really was on it's knees then

I was on the Kop that day. A sit in, to the sounds of “don’t you think we’ve had enough” Sure we lost 3-0.