21:44, Fri 29 Dec
It’s appalling really! We have made zero progression on the field and it could be said that we have regressed!
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
He's making it up. There's no plan.
I see zero progression. It’s just shite.
Clean Sheet.
Didn’t lose.

Sunjic
Drameh
Sanderson

All solid tonight.

He had to get some kind of result tbh, but let’s be brutally honest, JE similarly set us up like that at home to concede possession and barely show any attacking intent and he got pelters for it.
And this isn’t a WR vs JE argument, but let’s keep it honest.

Think tonight was an indication of admitting finally he don’t have the players, two infront of the CBs.
Tactics were to just sit in and be compact and break on the transitions as a main attacking threat.
21:45, Fri 29 Dec
10 points out of the possible 42 points under Rooney 😬
If we are going to play like that then we may as well reappoint Karanka/Bowyer double act and Eustace as the tea boy.

Absolutely dreadful

I know i was dead against the sacking and replacement - but then you have to accept it, move on and hope for the best - and then you really really want him to be successful ....

.... but blimey - he's making it hard to keep the faith .... or some faith ... in fact ... any faith
I don’t think it was anything to do with Rooney admitting he doesn’t have the players. He was just desperate not to lose.
21:47, Fri 29 Dec
Thought that wasn’t bad in parts and by no means as terrible as some are trying to make out . Showed a lot of effort and just needed a bit of quality at crucial times . An improvement for sure

Yes ... but "improvement" on what? .... he has set the bar pretty low
21:48, Fri 29 Dec
TrickyBlue
I don’t think it was anything to do with Rooney admitting he doesn’t have the players. He was just desperate not to lose.

Tactically we were far more compact and had a low block.
With both James and Sunjic playing in the laps of the CBs, way more negative and less expansive than he has been setting us up.
Was quite clear to see.
TrickyBlue
I think this also and maybe the triple change was to hope to nick something. We really haven't got too much to offer from the bench though..
Clean Sheet.
Didn’t lose.

Sunjic
Drameh
Sanderson

All solid tonight.

He had to get some kind of result tbh, but let’s be brutally honest, JE similarly set us up like that at home to concede possession and barely show any attacking intent and he got pelters for it.

Think tonight was an indication of admitting finally he don’t have the players, two infront of the CBs.
Tactics were to just sit in and be compact and break on the transitions as a main attacking threat.

JE played with 4 forward of the midfield ....

a No 10, two wide and then one up front ...

Rooney had one less
21:49, Fri 29 Dec
We were pretty poor on the ball but much better without it.
21:49, Fri 29 Dec
Clean Sheet.
Didn’t lose.

Sunjic
Drameh
Sanderson

All solid tonight.

Rooney had one less

YOu need a No10 (miyoshi ? behind Stansfield ?) to play transitionally
21:50, Fri 29 Dec
TaylorJay84
TrickyBlue

Tactically we were far more compact and had a low block.
With both James and Sunjic playing in the laps of the CBs, way more negative and less expansive than he has been setting us up.
Was quite clear to see.

My point was that i don’t think Rooney sees this as the way forward. He set us up like that to make sure we didn’t lose this game. We offered absolutely nothing up top.
21:51, Fri 29 Dec
Rags
Clean Sheet.
Didn’t lose.

Sunjic
Drameh
Sanderson

All solid tonight.

Rooney had one less

Thought shape wise it was reminiscent.
Although we offered nothing on the times we had possesion and when we broke.
Defensively better, but still very much all over the place.
Hard to really take positives out of it when the only way you can get a result is to just sit in and be a game spoiling team.

But I guess he’s got a job to save.