21:53, Fri 29 Dec
TrickyBlue
TaylorJay84
TrickyBlue
I don’t think it was anything to do with Rooney admitting he doesn’t have the players. He was just desperate not to lose.

Tactically we were far more compact and had a low block.
With both James and Sunjic playing in the laps of the CBs, way more negative and less expansive than he has been setting us up.
Was quite clear to see.

My point was that i don’t think Rooney sees this as the way forward. He set us up like that to make sure we didn’t lose this game. We offered absolutely nothing up top.

I think he sees it as the best way to keep his job.
You’re right he was desperate to not get beat tonight, that was evident.
It was more fear football than no fear.
21:53, Fri 29 Dec
TrickyBlue
I don’t think it was anything to do with Rooney admitting he doesn’t have the players. He was just desperate not to lose.

So its a pretty dispiriting stalemate that closes the year for Wayne Rooney and us….

Only seven shots in the whole game and just one of them by Blues on target with 33% possession. A veritable feast of footballing talent on show for the St Andrew’s faithful. No doubt we will see how AV puts to the sword lesser teams in tomorrow’s game. Have a happy New Year. Hasta luego!
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
21:55, Fri 29 Dec
Couldn't make the game today as I had an important pool match.

The match thread appears to be old men arguing with each other. Can somebody under 40 tell me how Blues played? Seems an OK result.
21:56, Fri 29 Dec
TaylorJay84
TrickyBlue
TaylorJay84
TrickyBlue

With both James and Sunjic playing in the laps of the CBs, way more negative and less expansive than he has been setting us up.
Was quite clear to see.

My point was that i don’t think Rooney sees this as the way forward. He set us up like that to make sure we didn’t lose this game. We offered absolutely nothing up top.

It makes it all the more ridiculous that we made the change in the first place.

Gary Cooks statement on the sacking of JE quoting no fear football is all the more embarrassing after how we approached the game tonight.

Incompetence from the CEO all round.
21:56, Fri 29 Dec
We’ve looked like 11 strangers playing on a whim since Rooney came in, and there is still zero evident pattern of play whilst we have possession.

Without the ball we have looked just as disorganised but naturally will concede less goals setting up more defensively such as tonight.

I will never understand subbing Stansfield for Oli Burke/Roberts at 0-0 with 30 mins to go, mind blowing.
21:57, Fri 29 Dec

The match thread appears to be old men arguing with each other. Can somebody under 40 tell me how Blues played? Seems an OK result.

Bristol painted two thirds of the ground
Blues painted one third of the ground
Crowd watched it dry.
21:58, Fri 29 Dec
Waggeh

Set up not to lose. Bristol had two guilt edged chances in the first half and one decent chance in the second. We created nothing.

Turned up to get a draw and got the draw.
21:59, Fri 29 Dec
I would have taken a point before the game.
Defensive played well against a team that scores goals.
Just our passing was absolutely awful.
22:01, Fri 29 Dec
dorsetblue

We have Leeds next. A point was at home was a poor result. We're in big trouble
22:01, Fri 29 Dec
dorsetblue

Only 6 teams have scored less than Bristol City. We’ve scored the same amount (30)
22:02, Fri 29 Dec
Dave
TaylorJay84
TrickyBlue
TaylorJay84
TrickyBlue

Was quite clear to see.

It makes it all the more ridiculous that we made the change in the first place.

Gary Cooks statement on the sacking of JE quoting no fear football is all the more embarrassing after how we approached the game tonight.

Incompetence from the CEO all round.

One thing I will say is the wording and statements put out by Cook were silly tbh.
WR was always up against it but saying daft stuff like that hasn’t helped one bit.
As any sensible blues fans will all agree on, evolution was needed not revolution.
22:03, Fri 29 Dec
Makes sense. Cheers Rags, although I doubt your under 40. I'd trust your write up above the Evening Mail or whatever. Sounds like a dull game.
5 shots & 1 on target in 90 minutes tonight. We had 16 at Bristol in August and 6 on target. Says it all really how far we've gone backwards in 5 months
22:04, Fri 29 Dec
TrickyBlue
Waggeh

Set up not to lose. Bristol had two guilt edged chances in the first half and one decent chance in the second. We created nothing.

Turned up to get a draw and got the draw.

Feel like I've watched it. Cheers mate 👍🏻
22:05, Fri 29 Dec
Waggeh
Makes sense. Cheers Rags, although I doubt your under 40. I'd trust your write up above the Evening Mail or whatever. Sounds like a dull game.

Can confirm he’s 39yo