19:08, Mon 1 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
Multi millionaire. Mansion etc etc. Give it a bloody rest.

It’s almost as if wealth has nothing to do with peoples mental state.

It’s time for him to go, but the abuse isn’t necessary.

What abuse?
19:11, Mon 1 Jan
He's not a manager whatsoever along with his backroom staff.. he actually is a multi millionare ex world class footballer who thinks he is..

please just GO..
19:14, Mon 1 Jan
PRBlue
That’s how I see it. He knew what he was coming into. I don’t feel in the slightest bit sorry for him.

Nor me. I feel sorry for those that travelled up there. I felt sorry for Lee Clark because I could see what the job meant to him and he worked his arse off and cared. I felt sorry for Bowyer because I hated seeing a blues legend sitting there clueless at Bloomfield road. I even felt sorry for Zola because he seemed a thoroughly decent bloke. I'm sure Rooney does care but it doesn't come across like that. He's not showing the passion he did as a player, he gives half arsed claps to the fans and blames the players on a weekly basis.
Tam
19:14, Mon 1 Jan
gerry1875
mr_crosby
He’s one of your own chants?
oh I see it was Blues fans singing to Leeds fans, I thought he was on about someone chanting to him

IIRC, Blues fans were singing to the Leeds fans during the first game of the season, and the Leeds fans were joining in. I suppose they might as well - that chant's not going away any time soon, I guess.
Make Blues Great Again
19:17, Mon 1 Jan
PRBlue
Multi millionaire. Mansion etc etc. Give it a bloody rest.

Yet he has failed at his second career, a very high-profile public career - it must be absolutely gutting on so many levels.

Anyone with no sympathy for him must be a bit dead inside. He is probably having the realisation that it will be very very diffcult to turn this job around and then who will pick him up after? Probably only a lower league club looking for some exposure and then he has to do well there or he is done.

Its just shit all round - Wagner must be gutted, Cook must be gutted, its so shit for us fans again and the players will be dejected.

Just shite all round - happy new year!

The redeeming factor - Wagner. He wont give it up yet and eve though this may set us back slightly, depending on any pay offs, I have no doubt he will right the ship.
19:17, Mon 1 Jan
What are the fans supposed to chant ?

We thinks its for the best you should go
We thinks its for the best you should goooo
You’ve had a few injuries and no window
But it’s for the best that you go
Tam
19:18, Mon 1 Jan
Ribeye
PRBlue
That’s how I see it. He knew what he was coming into. I don’t feel in the slightest bit sorry for him.

Nor me. I feel sorry for those that travelled up there. I felt sorry for Lee Clark because I could see what the job meant to him and he worked his arse off and cared. I felt sorry for Bowyer because I hated seeing a blues legend sitting there clueless at Bloomfield road. I even felt sorry for Zola because he seemed a thoroughly decent bloke. I'm sure Rooney does care but it doesn't come across like that. He's not showing the passion he did as a player, he gives half arsed claps to the fans and blames the players on a weekly basis.

I think you're right - it's easy to perceive that he doesn't care by his actions. I'm sure that he does, but turning it round a little, I wonder if I would give a toss about the fans if I'd been abused during and after my first home game. And turning it round again, engagement, or an appearance of animation and rapport would help his cause, I'm sure.
Make Blues Great Again
19:55, Mon 1 Jan
Louie Donowa
No-one deserves abuse in any walk of life for trying to do their job.

But being abused shouldnt be part of the package if they are trying.

This is why I never join in with chants aimed a referee: having 20,000 people chanting, “YOU‘RE NOT FIT TO REFEREE!!“ at a man/woman just doing their job….

I feel a little sorry for Rooney in that Cook set him up - big time - and because his appointment was never really welcomed. BUT he really hasn’t helped himself…
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
20:24, Mon 1 Jan
I want any Blues manager to succeed. Get us to seventh. Then we can sack the bastard.

It just doesn't seem to be working out for Wayne. I thought we were getting better a few weeks ago, but the last three games have been awful.Two poor defeats and a bad draw.

I am not convinced Rooney will turn things around.

No one can be happy with today. If it was a one off you'd accept it. Butit really isn't. I'm reluctant not to give him a chance, but we can't go on like this.

Time to go for me.
20:29, Mon 1 Jan
Sheep2
I want any Blues manager to succeed. Get us to seventh. Then we can sack the bastard.

This and a decent Cup run would represent a VERY successful season, in my opinion!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
20:31, Mon 1 Jan
Made in Daegu
Sheep2

This and a decent Cup run would represent a VERY successful season, in my opinion!
At this moment in time so would 21st in the division :)
20:34, Mon 1 Jan
gerry1875
Made in Daegu
Sheep2

At this moment in time so would 21st in the division :)

We're 20th. 21st represents further failure.
20:46, Mon 1 Jan
BluenoseMo
I really thought he’d walk after today but it doesn’t sound like he’s going to. I can understand the depth of feeling amongst the fans - but I hate people being abused. Feeling sorry for him is probably a female thing

Edit: reading a couple of replies - it’s not a female trait after all

The horrible and personal abuse he got just a couple of games in disgusted me tbh, made me want him to succeed more than ever - but the time has come for all to admit it hasn't worked. Fans voicing their concerns is fine and chanting Rooney out etc is also fine, as long as it isn't just personal shoite.
Up the feckin Blues
20:47, Mon 1 Jan
But it means we stay up, which I'd absolutely take now.
TR
20:50, Mon 1 Jan
It hasn’t worked, it’s gone toxic, the players have been publicly slagged off by their manager, the transfer window will be limited due to the financial situation, it’s best he goes, regardless.

My fear is I don’t think the club can afford to sack him to be honest, he’ll be on a decent salary and I doubt he will walk.