He can eff off
21:24, Mon 1 Jan
Just saw the EFL highlights. Heard a Rooney Rooney in the first half. At what point did they turn.

Thought Leeds were pretty good today and they are unbeaten at home the only side in the division.

Not defending him but I think with a fairly makeshift defence we would have been beaten by three however was in charge today.
The Rooney Rooney was in response to the Leeds fans first half. After the third goal it got nasty..Wayne Rooney get out of our club, sacked in the morning etc.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
21:31, Mon 1 Jan
Tam
Tam
BluenoseMo
I want him to go - but that is brutal. I actually feel sorry for him.

Ha ha, we must be a bit soft, Mo - I feel sorry for him as well, and have since he was abused at the end of his first home game. I hate that sort of thing.
I walked out when that started.
Can’t do it or listen to it
Tony Fantastico
21:34, Mon 1 Jan
gerry1875
Does anyone know what were the Jimmy Saville chants he was on about? I assume they were from the Leeds fans, it's a bit rich coming from them wasn't Saville a Leeds born beast.

Blues fans were singing that to Leeds fans.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
21:35, Mon 1 Jan
Yeah, and people are forgetting his child was abused online by some of our fans before he was even confirmed in post - for liking our players on social media.

The footballing side of it hasn't worked, I can see that,but in all reality it was never going to, the dice were loaded against him from day one.

He has made plenty of mistakes and isn't great with the media (he wasn't as a player either tbh) but I think a section of our fanbase has been pretty appalling towards him tbh
At Leeds today Rooney must go seemed a unanimous decision amongst all the fans I spoke too.
If I had the wings of a sparrow
21:42, Mon 1 Jan
When clubs want to play up the tribal side of things, and then also charge an arm and a leg for the privilege of watching a game, then they also need to accept when people's emotions get out of check.

As long as no physical violence is committed, nor any racist, sexist or similar abuse is shouted the rest should be broadly acceptable.

Calling for WCW to be sacked, or giving him some industrial language is pretty vanilla frankly.
The cold never bothered me anyway
21:42, Mon 1 Jan
Mister Mutley
Just saw the EFL highlights. Heard a Rooney Rooney in the first half. At what point did they turn.

Thought Leeds were pretty good today and they are unbeaten at home the only side in the division.

Not defending him but I think with a fairly makeshift defence we would have been beaten by three however was in charge today.

The makeshift defence was partly his fault.
I wasn't sure if it was four with Aiwu right back or 5 with Burke as a wing back.
It looked more a 4 than a 5 on the pitch.
21:47, Mon 1 Jan
Snap walked out with Lad it was a strange atmosphere today . But I do think it's time for him to go Rab.
21:48, Mon 1 Jan
👍
Tony Fantastico
21:49, Mon 1 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Tam
BluenoseMo
I want him to go - but that is brutal. I actually feel sorry for him.

Ha ha, we must be a bit soft, Mo - I feel sorry for him as well, and have since he was abused at the end of his first home game. I hate that sort of thing.
I walked out when that started.
Can’t do it or listen to it

Sorry you felt that way. I thought it was pretty tame and reasonable tbh. I’m not talking about individual eejits hurling abuse but the away fanbase en masse. Quite politely but clear and unified in declaring they think his time’s up, which I reckon is hard to argue against.
21:51, Mon 1 Jan
Yeah I’ll give you that.
I just don’t like it
Tony Fantastico
Hard to argue with them tbh, but I'm just raising the point that I don't think he was given a proper chance by many is all