21:53, Mon 1 Jan
Typhoontechie
Hard to argue with them tbh, but I'm just raising the point that I don't think he was given a proper chance by many is all

The results have been his chance.
21:59, Mon 1 Jan
For most sound minded supporters yes, but for some he was written off before he had so much as taken a training session.

Some of that has to be laid at Cooks door tbh for the public statements about changing manager, but in my opinion there were plenty desperate even before his first game in charge to say I told you so when the results didn't come as we all would have hoped
22:10, Mon 1 Jan
Looks like they have been proven right.
22:15, Mon 1 Jan
Let's face it he was only employed for his name and investment his name brings it as totally backfired most of us backed him once he was installed. But it is time for him to go make no mistake we are right in a relegation battle we need a steady head to steady this sinking ship. A lot as been made about fans turning today but there was also a lot who did not join chants. We need to get the feel good factor back.
22:18, Mon 1 Jan
I think everyone wanted it to work but that's not the same as believing it would.

His track record is poor. He's doesn't come across as a leader. Add that to the poor treatment of JE and it's pretty obvious that it wasn't an ideal appointment.

The fans aren't to blame. Ours are far more patient than most. The majority were just simply dismayed because they could see what was going to happen. Everything else achieved by the board has been great. This is a massive error that needs correcting immediately.
22:22, Mon 1 Jan
I think its fair for fans to let the manager know what they think as long as it's not abuse.

To be honest I think this is coming to a head in the next couple of weeks. My advice to bluenoses is put the phone down, take a break from social media, stop arguing with each other and await the change that now feels like its inevitable. I don't think Knighthead are going to tolerate the poor performance much longer, they have made an investment, in this one area it's not working and they will make a change before they see the club get relegated and lose value (losing them money - and importantly their investors - if the club ends up in league one).

Managers and players come and go. One thing remains, the club and it's supporters.
22:26, Mon 1 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Yeah I’ll give you that.
I just don’t like it

That’s fair enough
Rooney has never felt like a good fit for the club from day one but I would have preferred to give him a chance with his own players. And the 'no fear' stuff was ridiculous and put him on the back foot from the start. Any manager should have been allowed to manage in his own way with a long term view to changing the footballing style.

But then you look at the togetherness of the squad at the Albion game to what we see today and you realise it has all fallen apart behind the scenes.

But I also hate the fact that we have become one of those clubs where the fans have turned after only 15 games. How long does the next manager get before we judge if he is any good?

If Rooney is still manager at the next home game v Swansea, for that one game we need to be together as one. Make it a hostile, old school, febrile atmosphere and, regardless of the type of football played, if there is no fight or energy shown, then his time will be up.
23:50, Mon 1 Jan
Typhoontechie
Hard to argue with them tbh, but I'm just raising the point that I don't think he was given a proper chance by many is all

With respect though, that’s a moot point.
He was given a chance by the owners and he’s not proved up to the job.
Any criticism, abuse, call it what you like, he has or hasn’t taken along the way, won’t have affected his performance. He’s not out on the pitch playing.
I’m not condoning hurling abuse by the way.
Ultimately though, it’s about his managerial performance, which has been abysmal.
07:29, Tue 2 Jan
Trying to be objective here.

Out of Rooney’s control

1) The Huddersfield and WBA victories
2) JE had built some pretty good togetherness
3) The way JE was ousted
4) The ridiculous no fear mantra
5) Rooney has not yet brought in a single player
6) A lot of fans are waiting for him to fail
7) We have had a shed load of injuries.

Within his control

1) Awful team selection / positioning from day one
2) His demeanour on the touchline
3) His constant criticism of the players
4) His interviews are pretty uninspiring
5) His tactics have left us wide open
6) The players seem to have downed tools.

I think the players are going through the motions, there doesn’t appear to be a belief or togetherness any more. It looks like a blame culture has crept in and they don’t appear to want to cover for each other.
The fans have turned and when that happens a parting of the ways is almost inevitable.
08:05, Tue 2 Jan
Will the fans force their hand though or will they continue to be stubborn and just keep backing him?
08:20, Tue 2 Jan
One of the concerns the Club had was that JE's style was not entertaining enough
and apparently nearly 1000 ST holders never bothered to attend the Huddersfield game.

So going forward who will be paying over £30 to watch the utter dross served up by Rooney,
not many.

So when the attendances start to drop off they will be forced to act.....hopefully !
Fat Buddha CBE

He's spot on you know - some real feral behaviour from people who are probably quite mild out in the normal world. It's got worse, maybe it's because fans aren't allowed to kick lumps out of each other anymore, maybe society has changed since Covid and the lockdowns, maybe I'm talking bollocks or all 3. Good piece though 👍
Up the feckin Blues
Redditch Blue
Typhoontechie

With respect though, that’s a moot point.
He was given a chance by the owners and he’s not proved up to the job.
Any criticism, abuse, call it what you like, he has or hasn’t taken along the way, won’t have affected his performance. He’s not out on the pitch playing.
I’m not condoning hurling abuse by the way.
Ultimately though, it’s about his managerial performance, which has been abysmal.[/quote

Well put and a good post.
Up the feckin Blues
Bluesince62
Fat Buddha CBE

He's spot on you know - some real feral behaviour from people who are probably quite mild out in the normal world. It's got worse, maybe it's because fans aren't allowed to kick lumps out of each other anymore, maybe society has changed since Covid and the lockdowns, maybe I'm talking bollocks or all 3. Good piece though 👍
It’s nothing new really. Definitely not just since covid. And managers and players could have similar articles written about them. His mates in the press and media aren’t saints either. Or a lot in authority. Or Politicians. Bastards the lot of them.
Easy to target football fans
Tony Fantastico