Rightly or wrongly my abiding memory of Carsley's time as caretaker boss was him playing N'Doye as a number 10.

Appreciate there were mitigating circumstances but that memory is there for me.
09:23, Wed 3 Jan
KES
Yep and I suppose that's the downside of going for the big name: you get lots of attention and that isn't always good when things go wrong.

As I say, I don't agree with everything he says but I think it's good to get an outside perspective. It's not black and white, everything is nuanced and so far out new owners have done some really good things and some really bad things, IMO.
Yeah, winning a tournament with the cream of the whole nations young talent is one thing - avoiding relegation with Jukey and Hogan up front and GG hooking the ball over his shoulder, another.
Up the feckin Blues
09:24, Wed 3 Jan
Chris
Sorry if this has been flagged in one of the 732628 threads, but there's an article with some insight into yesterday's events on The Athletic today: [theathletic.com]

For those too tight to take out a membership:

- Rooney was shocked; lots of open comms between he and Cook, no hint that faith in him from above was waning
- Players told ahead of training yesterday; news was greeted with surprise, but relief by a few
- The squad had felt the sacking of Eustace had been unnecessary.
- Rooney wasn’t unpopular with his players, despite the results and some strong public criticism of them from the manager. Criticism of their mental strength, ability and personal pride had stung a few.
- Like many great players who become managers, Rooney had become increasingly frustrated when his players seemed unable to do what he found simple and second nature on the pitch
- Rooney not overly hands-on in training, with most work left to Carl Robinson and O'Shea. Rooney took a watching brief and intervened when he saw something he wanted to tweak or press home.
- Cole worked on set pieces.
- Squad surprised Rooney didn't do more with our attacking players 1v1
- Rooney struggled to get the rest of his group fully on board with the game plans, which frequently changed as he simplified them again and again.
- Eustace felt that a switch to no-fear football was too soon for a young group of players that were just getting used to a way of playing he felt was best suited to them
- Rooney quickly realised they weren't ready to play out from the back with high full-backs.
- Before Christmas, Rooney invited media to watch training to show them that players were capable and they just weren't replicating it in matches
- Whilst some players wanted to push on, there was a sense that others were coasting along
- Many staff members at the training ground disappointed Rooney has left
- Cook spent yesterday assessing options, but no immediate decision is thought to be occuring.
- Cooper and Potter mentioned, but dismissed quickly.
- We won't go back for Eusatce
- Lee Carsley gets an interestingly long write-up
- "England under-21 head coach Lee Carsley could be a candidate that ticks many of the boxes. Born in Birmingham, the 49-year-old has played and coached at the club in the past and would be popular with the fans. The way his young England side play is also in line with the club’s vision and he has experience coaching young players. Cole also works with Carsley in the England set-up."

Don't say I don't do anything for you.

Brilliant summary, Thanks.

We need someone to do this with those annoying BM click bait posts to save everyone else getting their phone or laptop bunged up with ads.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
Tam
09:25, Wed 3 Jan
Bluesince62
KES
Ronay is making out the club to be starry eyed. A small club not sure what it wants to be. Not taking it seriously.

Staggeringly bad press for Cook and Knighthead all this.

You would take that viewpoint. I'd say they are ambitious for the club, but tried to run before they could walk. It happens, only bad press in your eyes I'd guess.

I think the ‘bad press’ part is in the perception of their decision making and I do think that it’s a fair viewpoint in that respect.
Make Blues Great Again
09:29, Wed 3 Jan
No probs!
09:30, Wed 3 Jan
Tam
Theres lots of criticism and bad press about the owners out there, seen at least 4 interviews/articles in the last half hour
KES
09:32, Wed 3 Jan
Yup, lots. Justified too. The Nationals aren't arsed about sprucing up of executive boxes. If the team aint getting results on the pitch with a big name manager they'll be ready to pounce. They lick there lips at Blues. They cant believe how a club can keep making mistake after mistake. They love it.
bluer than blues
Thought this was a good piece from Ronay of The Guardian:

[www.theguardian.com]

I think there will be many on here that don't like it but some of what he says is right on the money, IMO.

Ronay? Egon now though.
09:35, Wed 3 Jan
KES
KES
Yup, lots. Justified too. The Nationals aren't arsed about sprucing up of executive boxes. If the team aint getting results on the pitch with a big name manager they'll be ready to pounce.

Yup, the view from outside of BCFC is that they are just BSHL reincarnated and we are still a banter club making the same mistakes as we were years ago (Rowett/Zola).
09:37, Wed 3 Jan
HackneyBlue
Theres lots of criticism and bad press about the owners out there, seen at least 4 interviews/articles in the last half hour

If you take a step back its very easy to see why

2 sackings in a few months and a season of promise destroyed

The long term vision is admirable and the work already done to the infra mega impressive but the execution of the football decisions has been anything but world class

to be frank Gary Cook and the owners that employ him need to do better with what is being produced on the pitch
They called us City 🤮
09:39, Wed 3 Jan
HackneyBlue

Combined 8 million impressions for the official account on the announcement and sacking of Rooney posts on Twitter

How much does that translate to? £££
KES
09:44, Wed 3 Jan
David Xavis
KES
Yup, lots. Justified too. The Nationals aren't arsed about sprucing up of executive boxes. If the team aint getting results on the pitch with a big name manager they'll be ready to pounce.

Yup, the view from outside of BCFC is that they are just BSHL reincarnated and we are still a banter club making the same mistakes as we were years ago (Rowett/Zola).

Exactly. Banter club, meme club. A gift that keeps on giving. A club that cant help itself do things the majority of sensible clubs just cannot believe and find baffling. I hope this was the last major feck up and we progress and move forward. We will see. They've talked about world class. Nothing so far suggests we will get it especially in the short term.

Maybe we should walk before we run.
09:47, Wed 3 Jan
bluer than blues
Thought this was a good piece from Ronay of The Guardian:

[www.theguardian.com]

I think there will be many on here that don't like it but some of what he says is right on the money, IMO.

I think it’s garbage. The Guardian and it’s reporters are no better than any other hacks about filling up their papers, and Rooney has been a godsend for the short period he has been here. ‘As a neutral, it was hard not to want it to work’ - my arse. They’ve absolutely loved it and here is the self-declared Ronay trotting out the superficial cliches. He knows feck all about us.