10:24, Wed 3 Jan
My Blue Heaven
No, I quoted newblue assertion that is what we are.

We need to stop being an underdog and become a giant schnauzer
We’ll be an XL bastard bully
Tony Fantastico
10:25, Wed 3 Jan
Put down in a week
10:26, Wed 3 Jan
KES
Good luck to whoever they appoint. The new manager will need luck and all the help he can get from the fans. If he dosen't hit the ground running, the fans will let him know in no uncertain terms !
10:37, Wed 3 Jan
My Blue Heaven
Put down in a week
We shouldn’t joke really. But some of the owners of those dogs are subhuman.
Tony Fantastico
10:38, Wed 3 Jan
johnblue
Good luck to whoever they appoint. The new manager will need luck and all the help he can get from the fans. If he dosen't hit the ground running, the fans will let him know in no uncertain terms !
Some will. Most won’t
Tony Fantastico
10:39, Wed 3 Jan
Sorry if this has been flagged in one of the 732628 threads, but there's an article with some insight into yesterday's events on The Athletic today: [theathletic.com]

For those too tight to take out a membership:

- Rooney was shocked; lots of open comms between he and Cook, no hint that faith in him from above was waning
- Players told ahead of training yesterday; news was greeted with surprise, but relief by a few
- The squad had felt the sacking of Eustace had been unnecessary.
- Rooney wasn’t unpopular with his players, despite the results and some strong public criticism of them from the manager. Criticism of their mental strength, ability and personal pride had stung a few.
- Like many great players who become managers, Rooney had become increasingly frustrated when his players seemed unable to do what he found simple and second nature on the pitch
- Rooney not overly hands-on in training, with most work left to Carl Robinson and O'Shea. Rooney took a watching brief and intervened when he saw something he wanted to tweak or press home.
- Cole worked on set pieces.
- Squad surprised Rooney didn't do more with our attacking players 1v1
- Rooney struggled to get the rest of his group fully on board with the game plans, which frequently changed as he simplified them again and again.
- Eustace felt that a switch to no-fear football was too soon for a young group of players that were just getting used to a way of playing he felt was best suited to them
- Rooney quickly realised they weren't ready to play out from the back with high full-backs.
- Before Christmas, Rooney invited media to watch training to show them that players were capable and they just weren't replicating it in matches
- Whilst some players wanted to push on, there was a sense that others were coasting along
- Many staff members at the training ground disappointed Rooney has left
- Cook spent yesterday assessing options, but no immediate decision is thought to be occuring.
- Cooper and Potter mentioned, but dismissed quickly.
- We won't go back for Eusatce
- Lee Carsley gets an interestingly long write-up
- "England under-21 head coach Lee Carsley could be a candidate that ticks many of the boxes. Born in Birmingham, the 49-year-old has played and coached at the club in the past and would be popular with the fans. The way his young England side play is also in line with the club’s vision and he has experience coaching young players. Cole also works with Carsley in the England set-up."

Don't say I don't do anything for you.

Thanks Chris, appreciated.
10:41, Wed 3 Jan
KES
KES
Can you be a world class underdog?
According to Liverpool fans, Liverpool.
10:43, Wed 3 Jan
mr_crosby
No thanks, Carsley would be a bigger step backwards

My thoughts too. We will see how ambitious the board are now.
10:47, Wed 3 Jan
The more I think of it.
If they honestly don’t have a stand out candidate or someone that is attainable then maybe they should look for a half season manager, who would do it god knows, as the names mentioned all seem longterm appointments, but I don’t want us to end up settling on our 4/5th option and it be a disaster.
10:49, Wed 3 Jan
TaylorJay84
The more I think of it.
If they honestly don’t have a stand out candidate or someone that is attainable then maybe they should look for a half season manager, who would do it god knows, as the names mentioned all seem longterm appointments, but I don’t want us to end up settling on our 4/5th option and it be a disaster.

Same - Mowbray might be a decent option to stabilise things and get us to the summer without a relegation battle. He might be happy to come until the end of the season even if he doesn't want to be away from the NE long term.
Chris
He has just won a European Championships - I can't believe we think we can be overly dismissive of somebody with that on their CV.

I really like the idea of carsley tbh. Wouldn't be my first pick but would definitely be ahead of mowbrey. He's the kind of character that the fans can get behind and understands what the fans want. Above all that, from what I've read, he has a good reputation within the England set up. Fairy young with plenty of scope for long term progression for the club. We could do a lot worse and have done a lot worse
David Xavis
KES
Yup, lots. Justified too. The Nationals aren't arsed about sprucing up of executive boxes. If the team aint getting results on the pitch with a big name manager they'll be ready to pounce.

Yup, the view from outside of BCFC is that they are just BSHL reincarnated and we are still a banter club making the same mistakes as we were years ago (Rowett/Zola).

TBF, I think the press see them more as Clearlake than BSHL.

TBH, I think some assessments are valid - they've tried to do too much too soon on the pitch and it's backfired. Hopefully they will learn and take some time now to get things right.

On the other hand, as many have said they are doing a lot work off the pitch that national press aren't interested in but we as fans are pleased by.
10:55, Wed 3 Jan
newblue
I think they’ve made one such decision that turned out that way. I think it shows that a lot of people were more concerned about having their feelings hurt, or the p taken out of them by other fans. I thought we were the underdog club that doesn’t care about how others view us or something. I actually don’t give a feck about the press.

Hang on, I thought we wanted the coverage to increase our revenue? Surely that was at least part of Rooney's appointment and we certainly enjoyed lots of coverage when he first arrived. You can't have it both ways. I understand the press are missing the details that are important to us as fans but I can also see their logic regarding the overall impression of it externally.

Personally, I think it's good to get a sense of outside opinion rather than rely solely on our blues bubble.
Rab C Nesbitt
My Blue Heaven
No, I quoted newblue assertion that is what we are.

We need to stop being an underdog and become a giant schnauzer
We’ll be an XL bastard bully

Hmm, I'd prefer to big a Great Dane: large and noble, loyal and hardworking.
11:03, Wed 3 Jan
Interesting that the Eustace sacking Tweet got 9 Million views

Rooney sacking tweet got 4 Million

Maybe it'll grow
Happy Clapper