11:12, Mon 8 Jan
Would have preferred a manager who is currently successful in their job or has been recently, rather than one who has been sacked for failing at Sunderland.
We need to all get behind him from the start, unlike Rooney where he had little support from the fans.
Guy sitting behind me was calling for Rooney to be sacked in his first match!
11:13, Mon 8 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)
Would have preferred a manager who is currently successful in their job or has been recently, rather than one who has been sacked for failing at Sunderland.
We need to all get behind him from the start, unlike Rooney where he had little support from the fans.

They were 9th FYI. Sunderland fans are fuming.
11:14, Mon 8 Jan
Not sure Sunderland fans would agree with you on that
11:15, Mon 8 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)

Yes a good way to get behind him from the start is to say that you would’ve preferred someone different.

He didn’t fail at Sunderland.
Gazball?
This a wum?
Got to the play offs last season with a promoted side. Sunderland’s sacking of him this season was barmy
11:16, Mon 8 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)

Your first sentence contradicts the second.

Everyone just needs to back the guy, and be patient. Lots of Blues fans have become reet impatient, entitled bellends recently. (not you. necessarily)
11:17, Mon 8 Jan
"We need to all get behind him from the start" - while slagging him off before he's even managed a game...
11:24, Mon 8 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)

tbf Sunderland were 3 points away from the playoffs and their fanbase looks sad to see him go, whether it be because they've lost 3-0 against their arch rivals Newcastle or because the club replaced him with Rangers flop Michael Beale.

Fans are united in joy over the appointment, first time since Pre-Rooney. Club and Bluenoses needed to be unite and bring back the positive feeling that came after the takeover. Hopeful Tony's arrival will surly start uniting the club and fanbase for the season. KRO and Up the Mowbray
12:23, Mon 8 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)
Would have preferred a manager who is currently successful in their job or has been recently, rather than one who has been sacked for failing at Sunderland .

Deary me. I'd like to know how you come to that conclusion?
12:24, Mon 8 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)

What do you classify as currently successful? Promotion in last 12 months must be the criteria if Mowbray isn't recognised by you? Kompany and Edwards aren't going to leave premier league jobs for us and McKenna isn't going to leave 2nd placed Ipswich. Schumacher has just left Plymouth for Stoke. So really there are only two English managers that fit your criteria

Heckingbottom
Moore

Personally I prefer TM to either.
12:46, Mon 8 Jan
Spot on.
12:48, Mon 8 Jan
Mods: Where's the merge button? It's good for making nonsense like this disappear.
13:01, Mon 8 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)

fanny
13:02, Mon 8 Jan
Jeffery McSheffery
Not sure Sunderland fans would agree with you on that

Sunderland Fans loved him and were shocked at the decision