09:02, Tue 9 Jan
You missed the bit where he got Albion promoted. You also missed the bit where the success of a manager is also aided or hampered by financial backing. So the extent of anyone's ambition for Mowbray doesn't necessarily relate to his recent record. What his career record does tell us is that he's an experienced championship manager with a 40% win rate.
09:49, Tue 9 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
My ideal choice would have been Xabi Alonso, whose Leverkusen side is unbeaten this season and top of the Bundesliga.

I accept it is very unlikely

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂

I'm sure he'd pick us over Real and Bayern, I heard he's always been desperate to work with Roberts - apparently he is a huge fan of his big throws.
10:00, Tue 9 Jan
Tilton Rifle
You missed the bit where he got Albion promoted. You also missed the bit where the success of a manager is also aided or hampered by financial backing. So the extent of anyone's ambition for Mowbray doesn't necessarily relate to his recent record. What his career record does tell us is that he's an experienced championship manager with a 40% win rate.

To add to this point (and someone who attended the Open House keep me honest) but Knighthead presented data on the fact that nearly always the teams that go up sit within the top 6 revenue earners.

From my mind I don't believe Blackburn or Sunderland sit within this bracket, yet had them playing the style of football the owners want and challenging at the right end of the table. When he arguably did have a lot of financial backing (see West Brom sales that season) he won the league and reached an FA Cup Semi final at a Championship club.

With the rumoured financial prowess we can exert in the summer TM, with his 40% win rate, doesn't sound such a bad bet.

PS. Xabi Alonso lol
10:01, Tue 9 Jan
My choice would’ve been Will Still, as we know the levels of Mowbray and Cooper.

Still, seems like he’s going right to the top.
10:18, Tue 9 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
My ideal choice would have been Xabi Alonso, whose Leverkusen side is unbeaten this season and top of the Bundesliga.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂

What…. The manager of the team probably playing the best football in Europe at the moment…. That Xabi Alonso ?… Perhaps he could bring Frimpong, Boniface and Wirz with him ??…… come on, sensible suggestions please
10:52, Tue 9 Jan
👍
Wilfred Owen
Tom TheProject Brady

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂

What…. The manager of the team probably playing the best football in Europe at the moment…. That Xabi Alonso ?… Perhaps he could bring Frimpong, Boniface and Wirz with him ??…… come on, sensible suggestions please

I mean I've been saying Blues fans need a change of mindset, but Alonso?..eff me that's not a change, that's a full frontal lobotomy 😁
Up the feckin Blues
i'd have gone for Pep personally but tbf i do understand wanting Alonso over Mowbray
11:06, Tue 9 Jan
HackneyBlue
i'd have gone for Pep personally but tbf i do understand wanting Alonso over Mowbray

No to Pep, I think Alonso would work better with Mbappe when we sign him in the summer.
13:06, Tue 9 Jan
Ever mind that,why’s he got such a stupid user name?
13:32, Tue 9 Jan
Quite right to. It was a new low by the Yanks who kernow nothing about football.
The Sixth Mass Extinction is here.
13:40, Tue 9 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)
Just replying to a few misconceptions.
I didn't slag Mowbray off, I just said he wasn't the manager I wanted.
No contradiction in supporting the manager appointed by the board even if he wasn't my choice.
I get behind the club, the players and the board regardless.
I wanted Eustace to stay but when the owners hired Rooney I backed him. Many fans were on his back from day 1.
If not getting promoted in the top 3, losing in the play offs and being 9th in the league is the height of your ambition then Mowbray is the right choice.
I hoped the new owners were setting their sights higher to achieve their long term goal of the Champions League in 15 years as stated by Gary Cook.
I accept it is very unlikely we could have got him but by setting a higher bar we may have got someone of a calibre between Mowbray and Alonso.

This is just trolling right?
13:47, Tue 9 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)

Jesus effing christ 😂😂😂
13:55, Tue 9 Jan
TM is a very good Championship manager. We are lucky to have him.
Hi John.
14:14, Tue 9 Jan
StechyBlue
TM is a very good Championship manager. We are lucky to have him.
Hi John.
Surely you mean Tony?
Tony Fantastico