13:28, Mon 8 Jan
slag him off and then tell everyone we all need to get behind him - got ya
13:29, Mon 8 Jan
TM is a very good Championship manager. We are lucky to have him.
13:30, Mon 8 Jan
He wasn't failing at Sunderland. This is a top-notch appointment. Let's all get behind him and put the divisions behind us.
Mozball
Jim Blake (Tony's son)
Would have preferred a manager who is currently successful in their job or has been recently, rather than one who has been sacked for failing at Sunderland.
We need to all get behind him from the start, unlike Rooney where he had little support from the fans.
Guy sitting behind me was calling for Rooney to be sacked in his first match!

Yes a good way to get behind him from the start is to say that you would’ve preferred someone different.

He didn’t fail at Sunderland.
😂😂👍
Tony Fantastico
13:51, Mon 8 Jan
Jeffery McSheffery
Not sure Sunderland fans would agree with you on that

Sunderland Fans loved him and were shocked at the decision

Some Sunderland fans. Others agreed it was time for a change. Others wanted him sacked previously which is when the board started looking to replace him, then he hit a purple patch so the board held off. Maybe they should have handled it better, like we did with Eustace and Rooney?

It’s an odd point for a Blues fan to make on the day of Mowbray's announcement but it’s not wrong, Mowbray was sacked for failing at Sunderland. He was failing when they made the decision. The fact that he’d (maybe) stopped failing just made it complicated. If only they’d waited instead of listening to the fans…

Whatever, their loss is our gain. We go again in renewed faith.
13:53, Mon 8 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)
Would have preferred a manager who is currently successful in their job or has been recently, rather than one who has been sacked for failing at Sunderland.
We need to all get behind him from the start, unlike Rooney where he had little support from the fans.
Guy sitting behind me was calling for Rooney to be sacked in his first match!

Still got a few bottles of sherry left over from Xmas I see. Never mind.
14:25, Mon 8 Jan
I think Sunderland under Speakman have a non negotiable policy of buying and playing teenagers where possible, and my impression is that Mowbray wanted to add a bit of experience here and there but wasn't allowed to. It felt like a falling out over that rather than failing with the results.
14:32, Mon 8 Jan
That’s what apparently ended it but they weren’t going to give him money for players the next manager didn’t want.
15:01, Mon 8 Jan
He did buy Bradley Dack who has been crap by all accounts. I always rated him, Sunderland fans hoping he brings him to Blues. My wife watches Bradley's reality TV show, whenever I see it Bradley seems like a good egg but his wife is awful.
15:02, Mon 8 Jan
JohnP
I think Sunderland under Speakman have a non negotiable policy of buying and playing teenagers where possible, and my impression is that Mowbray wanted to add a bit of experience here and there but wasn't allowed to. It felt like a falling out over that rather than failing with the results.

Sounds like KS is still getting his bonus then.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
15:06, Mon 8 Jan
He did buy Bradley Dack who has been crap by all accounts. I always rated him, Sunderland fans hoping he brings him to Blues. My wife watches Bradley's reality TV show, whenever I see it Bradley seems like a good egg but his wife is awful.

A reality tv show? Maybe he needs to bin the distractions (and the wife) and apply himself to his day job more?
15:08, Mon 8 Jan
Think he had the audacity to ask for a proper striker
08:48, Tue 9 Jan
Just replying to a few misconceptions.
I didn't slag Mowbray off, I just said he wasn't the manager I wanted.
No contradiction in supporting the manager appointed by the board even if he wasn't my choice.
I get behind the club, the players and the board regardless.
I wanted Eustace to stay but when the owners hired Rooney I backed him. Many fans were on his back from day 1.
If not getting promoted in the top 3, losing in the play offs and being 9th in the league is the height of your ambition then Mowbray is the right choice.
I hoped the new owners were setting their sights higher to achieve their long term goal of the Champions League in 15 years as stated by Gary Cook.
My ideal choice would have been Xabi Alonso, whose Leverkusen side is unbeaten this season and top of the Bundesliga.
I accept it is very unlikely we could have got him but by setting a higher bar we may have got someone of a calibre between Mowbray and Alonso.
08:51, Tue 9 Jan
My ideal choice would have been Xabi Alonso, whose Leverkusen side is unbeaten this season and top of the Bundesliga.

I accept it is very unlikely

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂
08:53, Tue 9 Jan
eff me, you might as well have tried Pep Guardiola's mobile to see if he would be interested. Aiming for Alonso right now is utterly mental, we'd have been a laughing stock for trying.