No he was just saying hello to his mate in Rileys
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Foul
Tony Fantastico
14:45, Tue 9 Jan
Just replying to a few misconceptions.
I didn't slag Mowbray off, I just said he wasn't the manager I wanted.
No contradiction in supporting the manager appointed by the board even if he wasn't my choice.
I get behind the club, the players and the board regardless.
I wanted Eustace to stay but when the owners hired Rooney I backed him. Many fans were on his back from day 1.
If not getting promoted in the top 3, losing in the play offs and being 9th in the league is the height of your ambition then Mowbray is the right choice.
I hoped the new owners were setting their sights higher to achieve their long term goal of the Champions League in 15 years as stated by Gary Cook.
My ideal choice would have been Xabi Alonso, whose Leverkusen side is unbeaten this season and top of the Bundesliga.
I accept it is very unlikely we could have got him but by setting a higher bar we may have got someone of a calibre between Mowbray and Alonso.

I'm not going to mock you for being ambitious ... but at the same time you mention "long term goal of the Champions League in 15 years as stated by Garry Cook". If by some weirdness we had got Xabi Alonso now then we wouldn't have him in 15 years time. As soon as he got us up and established in the Premier League he would be off - whisked away by someone else. I don't think many are claiming that Uncle Tony will be here in 15 years either - but you're talking about a 15 year journey that has to start off right - and i think TM is the perfect bloke to set us along that way for a good few years.
16:49, Tue 9 Jan
Pots and kettles spring to mind. At least I can spell Never!
16:53, Tue 9 Jan
Rude.Reported.
16:58, Tue 9 Jan
Really, I thought you were rude about my username? If you message me privately I will explain the username.
17:26, Tue 9 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)
Really, I thought you were rude about my username? If you message me privately I will explain the username.

Why do people take this website so freaking seriously?
17:34, Tue 9 Jan
This thread is crackers.
Gazball?
17:46, Tue 9 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)
Just replying to a few misconceptions.
I didn't slag Mowbray off, I just said he wasn't the manager I wanted.
No contradiction in supporting the manager appointed by the board even if he wasn't my choice.
I get behind the club, the players and the board regardless.
I wanted Eustace to stay but when the owners hired Rooney I backed him. Many fans were on his back from day 1.
If not getting promoted in the top 3, losing in the play offs and being 9th in the league is the height of your ambition then Mowbray is the right choice.
I hoped the new owners were setting their sights higher to achieve their long term goal of the Champions League in 15 years as stated by Gary Cook.
My ideal choice would have been Xabi Alonso, whose Leverkusen side is unbeaten this season and top of the Bundesliga.
I accept it is very unlikely we could have got him but by setting a higher bar we may have got someone of a calibre between Mowbray and Alonso.

If “not getting promoted in the top 3, losing in the play offs and being 9th in the league” is not a good enough record, can I ask why you wanted Eustace to stay?
18:59, Tue 9 Jan
Jim Blake (Tony's son)

Maybe because people have ripped the piss instead of debating properly and FBs particular brand of badinage was misread?

Tbf I don’t think the Son of Tony has said anything particularly risible and he’s on board with the new regime. Let the fella ease himself in before rushing to judgement, eh?
19:22, Tue 9 Jan
QBBC2
Jim Blake (Tony's son)

Maybe because people have ripped the piss instead of debating properly and FBs particular brand of badinage was misread?

Tbf I don’t think the Son of Tony has said anything particularly risible and he’s on board with the new regime. Let the fella ease himself in before rushing to judgement, eh?

This site has always been ripping the piss out of people in the 22 years of its existence.
08:24, Wed 10 Jan
If Mowbray hasn't turned us around in 15 games then it'll be time to consider whether he is the man to take us forward.

Alonso is fanciful but it's nice to see our fans are ambitious. Is it possible we start to go down the Watford route of high standards or you're out?
08:29, Wed 10 Jan
Tbf, if TM can’t turn us around in 15 games, then it probably is primarily down to the players rather than the manager.
08:36, Wed 10 Jan
It’s like a boxing trainer he can help you to prepare for fights but he can’t put muscle on chin.

TM will do all he can to make us better but the things we saw and hated under Rooney, won’t just go away.

Eg Sanderson will never be a dominant centre back in the air and he’ll never be quick enough to make it in the EPL.
09:25, Wed 10 Jan
15 games is long enough, if he's insistent on free flowing football and we see no improvement then it'd be time to turn back to Rowett or Eustace and go back to basics.