09:33, Wed 10 Jan
Sunik
15 games is long enough, if he's insistent on free flowing football and we see no improvement then it'd be time to turn back to Rowett or Eustace and go back to basics.

Oh dear, you've had to recast as no one is biting.
09:37, Wed 10 Jan
It’s like a boxing trainer he can help you to prepare for fights but he can’t put muscle on chin.

TM will do all he can to make us better but the things we saw and hated under Rooney, won’t just go away.

Eg Sanderson will never be a dominant centre back in the air and he’ll never be quick enough to make it in the EPL.

Considering how many dozens of times you have posted over the months, including under Eustace, on just how crap our players are and just how lazy they are - you will have a lorry load of humble pie to eat if we now start to progress up the table
09:52, Wed 10 Jan
the difference too is i think TM will be afforded time - we recognise he is a credible football manager with a proven record

the previous incumbent was undoubtedly a class player, but no credible managerial record so it was a gamble - one i can understand why taken given the publicity it attracted, but a gamble that didn’t show signs of paying off

i think the welcome and response TM will get on Saturday from the home crowd will be very different to the uncomfortable one that presented to WR (who for one reason or another, people thought was ripe to yell dogs abuse at right from the start)

and it’s good to have a gaffer who is not an easy target for visiting fans too
09:53, Wed 10 Jan
Once you see the bad things in a player it’s hard to see anything else. Sorry if that doesn’t suit you but I’m sure it’s something that’s consistent with human psychology.

I’m quite confident we won’t be seeing Sanderson playing a high line anytime soon.
09:58, Wed 10 Jan
All players have weaknesses, even at the very highest level, a good manager masks those weaknesses and enhances their strengths.

Pretty confident that's what Mowbray will do, and over the course of 4 months he'll steer us clear.

He'll pair Sanderson with an aerially dominant CB (Rather than dropping him) and he'll afford him the protection he needs

I would hope/expect he will put us in a system/style that gets the best out of the players
Happy Clapper
10:03, Wed 10 Jan
Once you see the bad things in a player it’s hard to see anything else. Sorry if that doesn’t suit you but I’m sure it’s something that’s consistent with human psychology.

I’m quite confident we won’t be seeing Sanderson playing a high line anytime soon.

I disagree with your opinion, but accept that you are entirely entitled to it.

I do think that it's important, in life, to keep a very open mind and not be closed to changing your opinions when based with facts and evidence that counter it.

On that basis i may, over the next 15 weeks, have to change my own current opinions on this matter and will seek you out and tell you "yes, you were right". Likewise i hope you don't close your own mind to the fact that you may be basing your own opinions on circumstances and other things that may change.
10:12, Wed 10 Jan
Are you saying that if Etheridge, comes back into the team you’d be relaxed seeing balls pumped into our box regardless of circumstances changing?

If so then yes you are unique because for most it would be a very difficult thing to do.
10:17, Wed 10 Jan
Are you saying that if Etheridge, comes back into the team you’d be relaxed seeing balls pumped into our box regardless of circumstances changing?

If so then yes you are unique because for most it would be a very difficult thing to do.

No, i can confirm that's not something i'm saying.

Again, based on opinions, and evidence i have seen, Etheridge is incapable of catching crosses consistently which makes him a liability and any amount of different formations, attitude, tactics or style isn't going to change that.

However, as other have said, with Sanderson i HAVE seen him do parts of the role well when partnered by the right person and in the right system.

You haven't actually said who you are proposing to replace this completely crap player, Sanderson, with (out of our current squad)
10:31, Wed 10 Jan
Le Mod
All players have weaknesses, even at the very highest level, a good manager masks those weaknesses and enhances their strengths.

Pretty confident that's what Mowbray will do, and over the course of 4 months he'll steer us clear.

He'll pair Sanderson with an aerially dominant CB (Rather than dropping him) and he'll afford him the protection he needs

I would hope/expect he will put us in a system/style that gets the best out of the players

Spot on.

Sanderson and Long work together extremely well, Long being so dominant in the air allows Sanderson to focus on what he’s good at which in turn benefits Long.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
10:50, Wed 10 Jan
Sanderson, looked decent when paired with Long, that I agree with. I was thinking more about next season tbh.

I listened to TM’s, interview yesterday and he said almost exactly what Rooney said about front foot football.

I’m excited by the promise but wondering how we achieve that with two slow centre backs?

For the record I don’t see a ready made replacement for Sanderson, right now but he’d be the one I’d worry over more than Long moving forward.

Long might be slow but he excels in areas I expect my centre back to be strong in.
10:51, Wed 10 Jan
[www.reddit.com]

It's interesting to read the opinions of Championship fans to the news of Mowbray's sacking a month ago.

There are comments from Blackburn and Sunderland fans that offer an insight into some of TM's flaws, such as lack of any plan B, mid season slumps, runs of poor form which he can struggle to arrest, overreliance on inverted wingers and inability to get strikers into the game.

Now this has to be tempered by the fact that Mowbray will be backed more heavily here than he ever was at Blackburn, and he won't be working to as strict a recruitment regime as he was at Sunderland. Lack of investment or being forced to play a team of youngsters as was the case at his last 2 clubs will result in inconsistent performances.

Despite his flaws I believe that if we back him he can perform better than he did at any of his recent clubs.
11:05, Wed 10 Jan
Comanche
inability to get strikers into the game.

In fairness to Mowbray, he had two strikers at Blackburn who scored gansey-loads of goals. They were both sold.

Ross Stewart was banging them in at Sunderland but then had bad injuries and was sold when recovered.
11:08, Wed 10 Jan
Comanche
[www.reddit.com]

It's interesting to read the opinions of Championship fans to the news of Mowbray's sacking a month ago.

There are comments from Blackburn and Sunderland fans that offer an insight into some of TM's flaws, such as lack of any plan B, mid season slumps, runs of poor form which he can struggle to arrest, overreliance on inverted wingers and inability to get strikers into the game.

Now this has to be tempered by the fact that Mowbray will be backed more heavily here than he ever was at Blackburn, and he won't be working to as strict a recruitment regime as he was at Sunderland. Lack of investment or being forced to play a team of youngsters as was the case at his last 2 clubs will result in inconsistent performances.

Despite his flaws I believe that if we back him he can perform better than he did at any of his recent clubs.

To be fair, he still got Sunderland into the play off places last season despite losing his strikers in January. I don't think he did too badly on a plan B then.
This was the season review on a Sunderland blog, which he comes out of very well - [wisemensay.co.uk]