14:37, Thu 11 Jan
Tom TheProject Brady
Anywhere we can watch it back?

The club will post it later today. I assume on their YouTube channel.
Rags
He's obviously a major improvement on the last buffoon, but still mentioned that this squad aren't capable of possession football and that he wants to fill the club with better players. Surely this isn't going to improve confidence levels.

That doesn't necessarily mean that these players are never capable of possession football though .... perhaps merely "at the moment"

the quote was that they arent capable of 60% possession yet, better to say that upfront than try make them play it and slam them afterwards
Tom TheProject Brady
Anywhere we can watch it back?

Will be on blues YouTube channel tonight I’d assume.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
14:39, Thu 11 Jan
Rags
He's obviously a major improvement on the last buffoon, but still mentioned that this squad aren't capable of possession football and that he wants to fill the club with better players. Surely this isn't going to improve confidence levels.

That doesn't necessarily mean that these players are never capable of possession football though .... perhaps merely "at the moment"

the quote was that they arent capable of 60% possession yet, better to say that upfront than try make them play it and slam them afterwards

👍

Thanks for clarity
BriHughesy
all makes sense.

you would expect it from Mowbray. he's a football guy isn't he. thought it was a shame he didn't get the same jazz that Rooney got on his press conference. no surprise that Garry Cook wasn't there. he would have got a lot of questions

Tbf we don’t want it to be about Cook.

As I said to someone on FB, why bother point scoring now, time to move onward and upward.
Thongs
TM was planning to go to New York for New Year when the call came.

Rooney was sacked 2nd Jan

So Tom and co did have a plan to replace WR

He actually said "early in the New Year" tbf

Regardless he's here and he's perfick
Happy Clapper
14:41, Thu 11 Jan
all makes sense.

you would expect it from Mowbray. he's a football guy isn't he. thought it was a shame he didn't get the same jazz that Rooney got on his press conference. no surprise that Garry Cook wasn't there. he would have got a lot of questions

to be fair this was a pre match press conference, not an unveiling

tony is old skool i doubt he needs or wants the “ego massaging” distraction of an unveiling, he’s in, up for it and will get on with the job which is to work with the playing staff and bring them to life and work with operational management like craig and garry…. good times
14:47, Thu 11 Jan
Eventually wants to become an attacking possession based football team but recognises the current squad isn't ready for that, it will be process.

Why do we keep advertising what we are capable of now, and want to be?
I'd say keep that in-house.

I don't remember man city banging on about their intention to play, laser accurate precision-based football. They just got good and have the players to do it.

I'd sooner us stop talking about 'fear and style' and just go out there with the intention of winning a game of football to the best of our ability - as of now.
If in 12 months we can stick 7 past stoke on a Tuesday night then fair fecks.

EDIT: Unless Mowbray is a psychological genius and the revolution is under way.
14:49, Thu 11 Jan
i agree with you but think its a symptom of Cook already letting that cat out of the bag, which we know was probably an error.

if he didnt say that, then there wouldnt be a need to respond to it, but its done so tis what it is
Would have thought cook got his ear felt on the previous debacle..thought it was quite telling in Mowbrays first interview- that he mentioned his converations with Wagner first (and the owners vision) before any talks.with Gardener and cook
derbyblue
all makes sense.

tony is old skool i doubt he needs or wants the “ego massaging” distraction of an unveiling, he’s in, up for it and will get on with the job which is to work with the playing staff and bring them to life and work with operational management like craig and garry…. good times

yes i suppose you are right. mowbray want to crack on with it and rather than be part of a circus
14:50, Thu 11 Jan
Because we need people to be patient and understand there will be inconsistency on the way to achieving it.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
Dan
14:51, Thu 11 Jan
StechyBlue
Eventually wants to become an attacking possession based football team but recognises the current squad isn't ready for that, it will be process.

I don't remember man city banging on about their intention to play, laser accurate precision-based football. They just got good and have the players to do it.

I'd sooner us stop talking about 'fear and style' and just go out there with the intention of winning a game of football to the best of our ability - as of now.

The snooker is on BBC
14:52, Thu 11 Jan

Average possession % at Sunderland was over 60% - so i don't think it's a secret how he likes his teams to play
14:54, Thu 11 Jan
derbyblue
all makes sense.

yes i suppose you are right. mowbray want to crack on with it and rather than be part of a circus

From his first Blues interview - on You Tube

""I don't come into buildings and tell everybody how great I am, I try to expose my vulnerabilities, and that way everyone wants to band together and thinks that this is a guy with honesty, with integrity, that they want to help""