18:45, Thu 11 Jan
Likewise
19:07, Thu 11 Jan
From 6 minutes of mumbling to 26 minutes being mesmerized, amused & enthused about our future , the difference in incredible , a proper footballing manager at the helm at last.
19:10, Thu 11 Jan
theAtlas
Sunik
He's obviously a major improvement on the last buffoon, but still mentioned that this squad aren't capable of possession football and that he wants to fill the club with better players. Surely this isn't going to improve confidence levels.

Id have to listen to it back to be certain but don’t think he used those words..

Listened again and I stand corrected, he did use those words.
19:14, Thu 11 Jan
Can’t ever remember watching the whole of a 26 minute press conference before - I was glad we appointed him and that was just superb - no grandstanding, just honest and down to earth.
There is something really special about this man - a footballing intelligence that I don’t think I’ve noticed in a Birmingham Manager for a while.
19:57, Thu 11 Jan
Anyone who understands people and football will know we have a proper bloke and a proper football man as manager.

As ever results are the determining factor. Fine lines and a bit of luck make a difference especially in the short term.

I am 100 % he will get the most out the players. Wouldn’t you want to fight for him.

What can we do ? Ratch up the atmosphere. With a few exceptions we have become to passive and somewhat negative. The last decade has been tough.

Hopefully we start to move forward and I’m around a few more years to see it.

Tell your mates get them back the club is the people at the end of the day.

"Wouldn’t you want to fight for him."

One of the big differences i would feel immediately as a player is that

1.. i look forward to going into work now
2.. he's a decent bloke and i'll do my best not to let him down
3.. here's someone i can trust and if i have a problem he'll listen
19:59, Thu 11 Jan
How refreshing to hear Uncle Tony. Every word made sense. No mumbles and waffle. Interesting. He's his own man. Realistic. Honest. Wise. Astute. What's not to like?
20:01, Thu 11 Jan
How refreshing to hear Uncle Tony. Every word made sense. No mumbles and waffle. Interesting. He's his own man. Realistic. Honest. Wise. Astute. What's not to like?

I always like people who are obviously very intelligent but tell people that they're not.

He understates himself and generates warmth
20:06, Thu 11 Jan
Absolutely. Brian Clough used to do that a lot too.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
20:33, Thu 11 Jan
I see a bit of Clough and Shankly traits in him from the interviews I’ve seen.
20:36, Thu 11 Jan
theAtlas
theAtlas
Sunik
He's obviously a major improvement on the last buffoon, but still mentioned that this squad aren't capable of possession football and that he wants to fill the club with better players. Surely this isn't going to improve confidence levels.

Id have to listen to it back to be certain but don’t think he used those words..

Listened again and I stand corrected, he did use those words.

Doesn’t every club want to fill their club with better players??
Absolutely buzzing about this bloke. A down to earth proper football man, who knows his stuff. I hope we give him the time and respect that he deserves. Come on you Blues!
20:41, Thu 11 Jan
Yes but filling the club with better players includes improving those who are already here, I.e improving them
Happy Clapper
20:46, Thu 11 Jan
I also love how he answers questions directly and interestingly. The stuff about the quality of the buffet was great - it shows he's humble and appreciates when someone has made an effort. He's not got a silver spoon in his mouth so appreciates the small things in life.
21:44, Thu 11 Jan
Le Mod
Yes but filling the club with better players includes improving those who are already here, I.e improving them

Agreed and I think that’s what he meant.