10:05, Mon 15 Jan
Say he goes for £6 million, we have to be spending £24 million on players over 4 year contracts. No excuses or owners taking the money back out to pay investors.

We could get 4 top championship players for that and it'd transform us. The positions we should invest are goalkeeper, centre half, central midfield and striker.
KES
10:09, Mon 15 Jan
Anything under £25M and it shows a lack of ambition to me.
10:11, Mon 15 Jan
KES
Anything under £25M and it shows a lack of ambition to me.

Per player?
10:13, Mon 15 Jan
Sunik
Say he goes for £6 million, we have to be spending £24 million on players over 4 year contracts. No excuses or owners taking the money back out to pay investors.

We could get 4 top championship players for that and it'd transform us. The positions we should invest are goalkeeper, centre half, central midfield and striker.

We turn £6M into £24M ? Jesus managed it with the loaves and fishes so i suppose it is possible.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:16, Mon 15 Jan
Amortise the contracts over 4 years
10:18, Mon 15 Jan
they still have to be paid for though, you can amortise them ovwr 100 years if you want, you can't just turn £6M into £24M
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:24, Mon 15 Jan
Good to have you back Barry.
10:34, Mon 15 Jan
Sunik

Okay I’ll bite.

You forget a tiny little thing called wages.

You can amortise the fees, but the wages will also need to be accounted for and it’s not like we’re gonna save a lot from what we’re paying James now.

If we sold JJ for £6m (and I honestly hope we’d get more than than that), I’d hope we’d look to spend maybe £12m on transfer fees plus wages provided the right players became available.
Cant believe its taken me this long to realise I can completely Ignore someone on here.

Great tool for the OP after reading weeks and weeks of nonsense from them
10:39, Mon 15 Jan
El Mayor
Sunik

Okay I’ll bite.

You can amortise the fees, but the wages will also need to be accounted for and it’s not like we’re gonna save a lot from what we’re paying James now.

If we sold JJ for £6m (and I honestly hope we’d get more than than that), I’d hope we’d look to spend maybe £12m on transfer fees plus wages provided the right players became available.

Spot on.

Can't be selling JJ for less than £10m surely.
10:45, Mon 15 Jan
Don't sell him. Not this side of the summer anyway.
10:56, Mon 15 Jan
El Mayor
Sunik

Okay I’ll bite.

Not just that, shifting the £24m in fees over 4 years doesn’t make them disappear - we’ve still got to be confident we can fund the £6m a season going forwards.
Gazball?
10:59, Mon 15 Jan
Surely wages can be funded by the extra revenue streams we've got now. It's only a minor outlay really.
11:02, Mon 15 Jan
Sunik
Surely wages can be funded by the extra revenue streams we've got now. It's only a minor outlay really.

Now I’m confident you’re just on a wind up.
Gazball?
11:24, Mon 15 Jan
Sunik

Do we have to pay the Four top players ?
If so, how do their salaries, fit in with our balance sheet ?