11:30, Mon 15 Jan
Sunik
Surely wages can be funded by the extra revenue streams we've got now. It's only a minor outlay really.

Again, I’m biting here more for the people out there who might take you seriously.

Wages are not a minor outlay at all, they’re the biggest outlay the club has and is the reason we’ve been effed financially for years.
11:42, Mon 15 Jan
I would be gutted if we sell JJ for £6m.

He is developing into a very good player at an alarmingly good pace, and now with the new owners we no longer have to drop our pants and bend over for the first derisory offer that arrives.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
11:46, Mon 15 Jan
Slight change of subject Mayor but I saw a list of players out of contract on Twitter yesterday.

I know none of us can say for sure but are you able (or willing?) to take an educated punt on what the total saving to the wage bill might be when all of those contracts expire?

EDIT: I mean out of contract in the summer (in case that wasn't obvious)
11:50, Mon 15 Jan
Linked Image
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:51, Mon 15 Jan
Sunik
Say he goes for £6 million, we have to be spending £24 million on players over 4 year contracts. No excuses or owners taking the money back out to pay investors.

We could get 4 top championship players for that and it'd transform us. The positions we should invest are goalkeeper, centre half, central midfield and striker.

JJ needs to be kept at all costs. Goal scoring midfielder's are like gold dust. If he has to be sold it should not be for less than £25m.

It is easy to get bodies through the door but we are desperate for goals. We can sell absolutely anybody but him.

He isn't the messiah but he is our best player. Getting 5 championship players isn't worth one JJ.

KRO.
11:53, Mon 15 Jan
I'd take 5 quality players over JJ as he alone is not enough to get us promoted. Lets not exaggerate.
11:54, Mon 15 Jan
Sunik
Say he goes for £6 million, we have to be spending £24 million on players over 4 year contracts. No excuses or owners taking the money back out to pay investors.

We could get 4 top championship players for that and it'd transform us. The positions we should invest are goalkeeper, centre half, central midfield and striker.

God you're a clown.

What can you possibly be gaining from constant wumming on the internet. Grow up and a get a life.
11:59, Mon 15 Jan
Liam of Brum
Sunik

JJ needs to be kept at all costs. Goal scoring midfielder's are like gold dust. If he has to be sold it should not be for less than £25m.

It is easy to get bodies through the door but we are desperate for goals. We can sell absolutely anybody but him.

He isn't the messiah but he is our best player. Getting 5 championship players isn't worth one JJ.

KRO.
We won’t get more than £12m I’d say if he goes this window. Expect somewhere in the region of £8-10m is more realistic.
Gazball?
12:30, Mon 15 Jan
number8
I'd take 5 quality players over JJ as he alone is not enough to get us promoted. Lets not exaggerate.

Why?

Unless they have goals in them there is no point. Bacuna, Myoshi, Anderson, Roberts, Dembele are five players that are all decent but JJ has more goals and that's the most important thing.

You cannot buy much for £20m so letting him go for any less would be madness.
12:32, Mon 15 Jan
number8

Yeah this.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
12:32, Mon 15 Jan
Lumbertubs
Slight change of subject Mayor but I saw a list of players out of contract on Twitter yesterday.

I know none of us can say for sure but are you able (or willing?) to take an educated punt on what the total saving to the wage bill might be when all of those contracts expire?

EDIT: I mean out of contract in the summer (in case that wasn't obvious)

You mean this? [x.com]
12:33, Mon 15 Jan
A better all round team is possible by selling one player. I think people will need to realise this, especially with p&s.

8 mil for James could fund at least a better keeper and a striker.
12:34, Mon 15 Jan
Liam of Brum
number8

Why?

Unless they have goals in them there is no point. Bacuna, Myoshi, Anderson, Roberts, Dembele are five players that are all decent but JJ has more goals and that's the most important thing.

You cannot buy much for £20m so letting him go for any less would be madness.

Dembele has the same in less games and was free.
12:35, Mon 15 Jan
Bacuna has four goals and five assists to James 6 goals and no assists. He was a nominal fee.

You can get players with the money who are effective.
12:36, Mon 15 Jan
Charcy
Bacuna has four goals and five assists to James 6 goals and no assists. He was a nominal fee.

You can get players with the money who are effective.

Always has been about smart recruitment. Money does help but it’s not always necessary to spend it like it’s going out of fashion.