14:36, Mon 15 Jan
El Mayor
My Blue Heaven
Are we close to p&s limits?

If so I’d prefer to sell then get a deduction or embargo just at a time when we can start to invest in the team

We don't need to sell.
What if our investors want their money back? 😂
Can’t believe that’s not been mentioned and we’re on the 4th page of this ridiculousness 😂
Tony Fantastico
14:41, Mon 15 Jan
I only asked cos I don’t know, sorry Rab 😔
14:45, Mon 15 Jan
You can do whatever you like G
Tony Fantastico
15:45, Mon 15 Jan
Some very rude and offensive posts towards me here and I won't hesitate to report in future, personal insults are not needed.

I'm just trying to understand the situation of we sell JJ as I know clever accounting can work in the club's favour.

If players hold us to ransom on wages then we have to move on from those targets. It seems more realistic we target 3 new players from the sale.

Regarding investors, I would understand them getting nervous given the disastrous Rooney period and I hope and pray they don't all pull the plug at once.
15:50, Mon 15 Jan
Maximum is 5 years
15:52, Mon 15 Jan
Sunik
Some very rude and offensive posts towards me here and I won't hesitate to report in future, personal insults are not needed.

I'm just trying to understand the situation of we sell JJ as I know clever accounting can work in the club's favour.

If players hold us to ransom on wages then we have to move on from those targets. It seems more realistic we target 3 new players from the sale.

Regarding investors, I would understand them getting nervous given the disastrous Rooney period and I hope and pray they don't all pull the plug at once.
Who has been rude and offensive to you or thrown personal insults?
Tony Fantastico
15:54, Mon 15 Jan
Calling me a clown and telling me to get a life.

I just want to talk Blues with fellow fans and I'm starting to feel quite unwelcome on this site.
LBN
15:56, Mon 15 Jan
KES
KES
Anything under £25M and it shows a lack of ambition to me.

This. We start at 20m at the negotiation table.
15:56, Mon 15 Jan
I’ve got a safety whistle for when I’m on here and pepper spray. I’ll lend you some if you like
Tony Fantastico
LBN
15:58, Mon 15 Jan
David Xavis
My Blue Heaven
👍 that’s good, well then it’s got to be right price really re James. I’d only have sold him if we had to, but I’d want the going rate

The 4.5m rumoured bid is low

I’d still set him for 8m plus add ons. Perhaps a loan back is an option too

Atalanta want him for their squad.

Like others have said, £10m is probably about fair.

we paid over 6 mil for Sunjic a few years ago, 10 mil seems massively below for a young international lighting up the championship
16:20, Mon 15 Jan
Sunik
Say he goes for £6 million, we have to be spending £24 million on players over 4 year contracts. No excuses or owners taking the money back out to pay investors.

We could get 4 top championship players for that and it'd transform us. The positions we should invest are goalkeeper, centre half, central midfield and striker.
Have you ever considered a career as an MP?
16:39, Mon 15 Jan
LBN
LBN
KES

You can do but it's not a realistic starting point.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
17:56, Mon 15 Jan
newblue
El Mayor
Charcy
Bacuna has four goals and five assists to James 6 goals and no assists. He was a nominal fee.

You can get players with the money who are effective.

Always has been about smart recruitment. Money does help but it’s not always necessary to spend it like it’s going out of fashion.

Just underlines what a disaster the Redknapp spree was. Wonder who benefited most from that

Rosie
18:00, Mon 15 Jan
Charcy
LBN
KES

You can do but it's not a realistic starting point.

At the moment it isn’t but it may not be in the summer if he keeps it up.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:22, Mon 15 Jan
newblue
El Mayor
Charcy
Bacuna has four goals and five assists to James 6 goals and no assists. He was a nominal fee.

You can get players with the money who are effective.

Always has been about smart recruitment. Money does help but it’s not always necessary to spend it like it’s going out of fashion.

Just underlines what a disaster the Redknapp spree was. Wonder who benefited most from that.

I absolutely detest Redknapp and even I'm not sure he's totally to blame for that.