08:10, Tue 16 Jan
Going back to selling James. I am mixed. His finish on Saturday was sublime, he seems to have now developed a superb knack for getting himself into goalscoring positions from midfield, something we haven't had for an age in the team. However I still don't think he offers huge amounts in general play and when we have Sunjic & Belik who don't pass & retain well either that makes it a problem to accommodate him as well. The option is you drop Sunjic but lose defensive protection. When Rooney broke up the Sunjic/Belik axis there was much gnashing of teeth on here.

If we were to get a good price now though do we honestly have the transfers to bring in? If not we weaken an already lacking midfield and we could be in League 1 before we get to reinvest.

But if James is agitating for a move or is going to play within himself to avoid injury before the summer and we risk poor form or injury stopping a transfer come May/June maybe we should just cash in.
08:41, Tue 16 Jan
Spending 24 million will obviously not happen. Have a bit of patience and wait for the summer when better players will be available.
09:22, Tue 16 Jan
Rab C Nesbitt
Sunik
Some very rude and offensive posts towards me here and I won't hesitate to report in future, personal insults are not needed.

I'm just trying to understand the situation of we sell JJ as I know clever accounting can work in the club's favour.

If players hold us to ransom on wages then we have to move on from those targets. It seems more realistic we target 3 new players from the sale.

Regarding investors, I would understand them getting nervous given the disastrous Rooney period and I hope and pray they don't all pull the plug at once.
Who has been rude and offensive to you or thrown personal insults?

I think he's an unfunny fanny , so please add me to the list
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
09:39, Tue 16 Jan
Not very kind is it
13:46, Tue 16 Jan
generalBlue
Rab C Nesbitt
Sunik
Some very rude and offensive posts towards me here and I won't hesitate to report in future, personal insults are not needed.

I'm just trying to understand the situation of we sell JJ as I know clever accounting can work in the club's favour.

If players hold us to ransom on wages then we have to move on from those targets. It seems more realistic we target 3 new players from the sale.

Regarding investors, I would understand them getting nervous given the disastrous Rooney period and I hope and pray they don't all pull the plug at once.
Who has been rude and offensive to you or thrown personal insults?

I think he's an unfunny fanny , so please add me to the list
😳
Tony Fantastico
15:56, Tue 16 Jan
Rumours on Twitter he has just signed a long term deal... at Blues.

Can't say I've seen anything other than rumours though.