12:44, Mon 15 Jan
Tbf he’s started 20 games, 8 more than JJ. Albeit a few of those at right back.
Gazball?
12:47, Mon 15 Jan
£25m 🤣
12:47, Mon 15 Jan
That can't be right we've only played 27. James must have started more than six games taking into account Bacuna didn't start on Saturday.

Edit oh wait I didn't read that right. Fair enough.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
12:53, Mon 15 Jan
El Mayor
Charcy
Bacuna has four goals and five assists to James 6 goals and no assists. He was a nominal fee.

You can get players with the money who are effective.

Always has been about smart recruitment. Money does help but it’s not always necessary to spend it like it’s going out of fashion.

Just underlines what a disaster the Redknapp spree was. Wonder who benefited most from that.
12:54, Mon 15 Jan
I know it isn't the question but there's absolutely no point in selling him in Jan. His value is only going to go up with him possibly playing in the euros. We aren't gonna do much buisness in January anyways.
12:55, Mon 15 Jan
Are we close to p&s limits?

If so I’d prefer to sell then get a deduction or embargo just at a time when we can start to invest in the team
12:57, Mon 15 Jan
El Mayor
Lumbertubs
Slight change of subject Mayor but I saw a list of players out of contract on Twitter yesterday.

I know none of us can say for sure but are you able (or willing?) to take an educated punt on what the total saving to the wage bill might be when all of those contracts expire?

EDIT: I mean out of contract in the summer (in case that wasn't obvious)

You mean this? [x.com]

Yep. Thanks
12:59, Mon 15 Jan
My Blue Heaven
Are we close to p&s limits?

If so I’d prefer to sell then get a deduction or embargo just at a time when we can start to invest in the team

We don't need to sell.
13:01, Mon 15 Jan
👍 that’s good, well then it’s got to be right price really re James. I’d only have sold him if we had to, but I’d want the going rate

The 4.5m rumoured bid is low

I’d still set him for 8m plus add ons. Perhaps a loan back is an option too
13:11, Mon 15 Jan
My Blue Heaven
👍 that’s good, well then it’s got to be right price really re James. I’d only have sold him if we had to, but I’d want the going rate

The 4.5m rumoured bid is low

I’d still set him for 8m plus add ons. Perhaps a loan back is an option too

Atalanta want him for their squad.

Like others have said, £10m is probably about fair.
13:14, Mon 15 Jan
Absolutely gone are the days where we sell our brightest youth prospects for peanuts. I get he probably wants to leave but as a club we should only let him leave if we get an acceptable offer. 8m minimum for + a sell on for me.
13:28, Mon 15 Jan
I'm relaxed with the James thing tbh

If he goes then we can sign probably 3 really good players, improving the team

If he stays we have a very good young player

Either scenario is good for the club. The only bad scenario is if we sell him below market rate but I have confidence that Cook and Knighthead will only sign it off if the fee is very significant
Happy Clapper
13:50, Mon 15 Jan
Same

And it would not be great of any club to stifle the career of someone who quite understandably might wish to play for a decent Serie A outfit.

Not to mention that I find the modern willingness from young players to move into a different culture pretty admirable.
14:32, Mon 15 Jan
Lumbertubs
El Mayor
Lumbertubs
Slight change of subject Mayor but I saw a list of players out of contract on Twitter yesterday.

I know none of us can say for sure but are you able (or willing?) to take an educated punt on what the total saving to the wage bill might be when all of those contracts expire?

You mean this? [x.com]

Yep. Thanks[/quot

Agree with the estimate
I'd say assuming we didn't renew any out of contract players....we would have £8m a year....but they need replacing....however that does free up a huge amount...and most of that money is currently on deadwood
14:32, Mon 15 Jan
Lumbertubs
El Mayor
Lumbertubs

You mean this? [x.com]

Agree with the estimate
I'd say assuming we didn't renew any out of contract players....we would have £8m a year....but they need replacing....however that does free up a huge amount...and most of that money is currently on deadwood