12:44, Tue 16 Jan
8 out of 10 Rooney was a fiasco but could see the reasoning. These owners will take us to another level. We all make mistakes in life give the bloke some slack Rome was not built in a day.
12:45, Tue 16 Jan
Lost 2 marks for the Rooney appointment but regained 1 on pre match tunes and nice fireworks.
12:51, Tue 16 Jan
Dr Devious
8 out of 10 Rooney was a fiasco but could see the reasoning. These owners will take us to another level. We all make mistakes in life give the bloke some slack Rome was not built in a day.

Exactly this.
12:52, Tue 16 Jan
bluepeter
Dr Devious

Exactly this.

Absolutely this. Some of our fans are ridiculous.
13:01, Tue 16 Jan
El Mayor
Pirate Blue
Out of ten? I would give him a three..
Whilst communication better...Some schoolboy errors for someone so experienced
Noticeable Wagner took the reigns on the Mowbray appointment conversation
and no Cook grandstanding and big words at Mowbrays first news con..
Appreciate Rome wasnt built in a day but some of the facilities.toilets etc on saturday were not working properly.disgusting state. basic stuff really

Yeah let’s not take into account the huge deal made with OVG or anything else like that.

This!

I don't think you can really knock points off his "score" because of Rooney. If it had of worked and we was playing really good attacking football, you would be worshipping cook. It's was out of his control, all he can do is take Rooney by his word and let the rest play out. Then react accordingly. Which he did. I really doubt it was only cooks idea to out Eustace when he did. I'm sure the idea of Rooney made both Brady and Wagner fizzy at the crotch!!

You can only judge cook on the things he has absolutue control over which is commercial deals and revenue. 9/10 for me as the ticket pricing could be better to bring the crowds back. I know it's a bit counter intuitive in terms of revenue but you've got to get the crowd to want to come in the first place.
13:07, Tue 16 Jan
Pirate Blue
Appreciate Rome wasnt built in a day but some of the facilities.toilets etc on saturday were not working properly.disgusting state. basic stuff really

I'll give you 2/10 for trying... for this post.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
13:34, Tue 16 Jan
The Rooney thing doesn't bother me in the slightest in terms of my opinion on the owners.

I said when they took him on - at least this lot aren't in china. If it isn't working they they will be aware and they will change it... they have.

OK call it an error of judgegment. The important thing is they have corrected it quickly BEFORE we need a great escape.

There is absolutely no way they have come into this club to spend millions and watch us get relegated by their own hand.

Blip in the road, lesson learned. Trust the process and stop bickering about it.
13:36, Tue 16 Jan
Pirate Blue
11 for me. Massively overachieved in 6 months.
People have very short memories
Tony Fantastico
13:37, Tue 16 Jan
Can't believe the amount of stick he gets. I'm not a fan of him as a person because he comes across as false and it's one trait I can't stand but from a commercial point of view I think we're lucky to have him

10/10 for his off field work

0/10 for appointing a manager with no cv, the timing, the classless statement on JE's departure and stupidly putting WR under pressure with promise of no fear football

5/10 overall
13:53, Tue 16 Jan
StechyBlue
The Rooney thing doesn't bother me in the slightest in terms of my opinion on the owners.

I said when they took him on - at least this lot aren't in china. If it isn't working they they will be aware and they will change it... they have.

OK call it an error of judgegment. The important thing is they have corrected it quickly BEFORE we need a great escape.

There is absolutely no way they have come into this club to spend millions and watch us get relegated by their own hand.

Blip in the road, lesson learned. Trust the process and stop bickering about it.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
8/10

Top drawer off the field in terms of commercial deals and appointing the right consultants to get certain parts of the club fixed, I'd give him 10 for all of that, we are going places and he is playing a massive role.

He simply has to be marked down for the Rooney thing, firing the manager after 11 games and replacing him with someone who was highly unlikely to do well (this is not hindsight, almost all of us said it on here before it even happened) was undeniably a bad move, and it was made worse by some very poor/misjudged comms which he had control over, it created division in the fan base and damaged our reputation as a club (see all the journos referring to us like we're an unstable mess when we were starting to change minds), thankfully Wagner rectified the error and we can now move forward.
Happy Clapper
13:59, Tue 16 Jan
9 Out of 10. He realised he had made a mistake and rectified it quickly
14:18, Tue 16 Jan
16/01/2023, if you had told me that we would be where we are now, I’d have bitten your hand off. Its beyond me that people are whinging.
14:23, Tue 16 Jan
Would tend to agree here...big tick big picture stuff..(whilst i believe alot of assistance from knighthead-Wagner)
day to day team related and operations stuff..lot to be desired... and we were coming from a very poor benchmark beforehand.
still early days though.